Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fl States report

PSYCO829

get to the hotel the previous day (have to sleep in the same room as anthony *shudder*), and get our room.
next day, we go down to the tournoment area, and see lots of familiar faces.
and then i see john silvestro walk through the door.
i run up and give him a hug, just stopping short of lifting him up (i was happy to see him there)
i do some trading, and the tournoment starts.

Round 1- Gardevior PK/Dusclops ex
forgot my opponents name. not because he was bad, i just have a horrible memory
anyway, i get a bad setup, until i finally pull out typhlosion ex. between that and raquaza ex, the match doesnt last long
1-0

Round 2- Guiermo- Charizard d/Jolteon ex
i know i misspelled his name. bad memory FTL...
very close match, i end up almost losing. i am finally able to pull out the win.
as i said, close match, and alot of fun
2-0

Round 3- Chris Bock- Dragonite ex/Altaria ex d
He mentors. i Typhlosion ex him t3, and the match goes downhill from there
he got nothing at the start, i wanted a more close match with my buddy. i was disappointed (not that he was bad, his start just was)
3-0

Round 4- Eric Craig- Evilution Control
i dont know if that is what it is called, but that is what it is, evil
it ends up a close match. but, like almost all my opponents, he doesnt see typhlosion ex coming. i swarm him with it, and raquaza ex dx it when my typhlosion ex is dying. i end up winning with a heavily damaged bench, but losing only one prize
4-0

Round 5- Omar- Flygon Swarm
this was the closest match of the entire day. he pulls out mew * d, and hits my weakness. he does the same with latios d ex and exeggutor d. its like his deck was meant to ebat mine. fortunatly, due to a misplay and flygon bieng prized, he doesnt
5-0

Round 6 Carson- Flygon ex d
He mentors. i typhlosion ex him. he remarks "why has no one thought of this before?!"
i end up winning this match too
6-0

i think i made top cut :lol:

Top 8- Larry Altavila- Arcanine ex/Ninetails
match 1- he builds up arcanine. typhlosion ex mows it down almost as fast as he can set it up. i win
match 2- he gets a slow start. he finally brings out an arcanine ex. i send out raquaza ex dx with 6 energy, taking it out. that ends up sealing the match

Top 4- Eric Craig
match 1- he pulls out only raquaza ex d. i get nothing. short math, he wins
match 2- all three of my cyndaquil are prized. i lose

3/4 place match- Carson
match 1- he mentors, i typhlosion him t2. he scoops (a match that lasted 5 minutes...)
match 2- carson outplays me several times, and ends up with two prizes left to my one. he goes for the sleep stall with kirlia, and i wake up. i end up winning

3rd place and a shiny trophy
yay

props
3 people metagaming against me once they see my list :lol:
getting 3rd
robyn getting 5th and jared getting 3rd in juniors
getting 3 rev holo furret lm

slops
sharing a room with anthony
michelle not letting me bring my knives to deal with anthony in case he gets annoying

that was fun, i think i may miss this state...

fun day. and no i didnt METAGAME you, i just had a feeling you'd make cut and destroy steelix. good day though, and good deck.

It's great to see people with new ideas do well. It's not an easy deck to make and fine tune. It's also nice to see recognition to him as a good player, not just someone with good and different ideas.

Adds:
Props should go to Michelle as well for transportation and arrangements
And you receive another for lending out some cards. Thanks!

Anthony posts....and still misspells a word. :(

The other creative deck, I also wondered...Why didnt ANYONE think of this before? Good Job very Creative.

Back