Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Florida Regionals Top 16 Report - I got 10th!

ApachePrime

I've been looking at this Porygon since the promo was released in Japan. I love Porygon, and have been dying to find a way to make it work since Great Ecounters. So here's my list that I tweaked and perfected over 8 weeks of testing:

18 Pokes
1-1 Claydol
1-1-1 Machamp
1 Azelf
2-1 Uxie
3-2-3-1 Porygon Z

10 NRG
6 Fighting
2 Call
2 Cyclone

32 Trainers
1 Lux Ball
1 NM
2 Premier Ball
2 Warp Point
2 TSD
3 Bebe's
3 Marley's
3 Candy
3 BTS
4 Roseanne's
4 TM1
4 TM2

So we show up with 11 Team Upset shirts in tow, and get everyone ready and get registered. While waiting to start I called some people playing in GA, and was amazed to hear they were at lunch, close to being finished. I knew I had a long day ahead.

Round 1 Pablo with T-Tar
Smack and Devolve... He never had a T-Tar out when I used powers. Got a few nifty one hit KO's, but he just couldn't get the T-Tar out when I was using those powers.

Round 2 Nice girl with Basic Attackers?
Electrike, Torchic, and Chimchar go down easy. Unown G stops roar, I think I saw a combusken, but it didn't matter. 60, 60, 60... All prizes.

Round 3 David H. with T-Tar
Sableye donk! I start with a lone Porygon, he starts with sneasel. I draw, hoping dearly for a Call Energy... and got a premier ball, pass, and he drops a roseanne's for a Sableye and Larvitar. Rare Candy Weavile, Retreat to Sableye, attach Special Dark, 50 Knock out.

Round 4 Another nice girl with Scizor/Shaymin
Give her two prizes while setting up, let her stall out and then sweep.

Round 5 Miranda with Machamp
I go first, psychic restore for 30. She drops candy, champ and an energy. Donked again.

Round 6 Dawn with T-Tar.
T-Tar AGAIN? Ugh. I played Dawn at the States prep tourney, and knew what to do from my earlier T-Tar game. She gets an early lead, and loses momentum. We tie on prizes, but she has no cards to draw. I pass to win as she can't draw a card.

Round 7 Briana with Torterra
Surprised to see this, she hits me for 80 VERY quickly and puts me to sleep. I knock out a Torterra, and she uses Shaymin to stall and put me to sleep while she gets another Torterra going. I roll the heads to wake up, and get another attacker charged up on the bench. I eventually come back and take it. Rolled lots of heads, and top decked warp points when I hit tails.

Round 8 Orion with G-stuff
T1 Machop + Evoluter. T3-9 TAKE OUT FTW. This game was rather lame. Orion did not play a single trainer until drawing into an Energy gain T8. NRG, NRG, NRG... and most of it discarded to retreat to avoid the take out.

10 Seed, Top 16.
Chris B. GA State Champ. I judged his Top cut matches, I know Chris pretty well. He beat me last year at regionals pretty bad. We sit down and it's all smiles. We're both in great moods and we play a very chill game. I take 4 prizes FAST, and then just hit a wall. All momentum stops and Chris takes the game. Second game, Uxie start. Ugh. I played it out, got 3 prizes thanks to good use of Azelf and Uxie, but could not keep up with the lost momentum.

So I got 9 packs, and LOTS of points. :-D Drapion Lv. X #3 for me. Yay....... 10th place out of 134 Players.

Last edited:
So are you playing Machamp? Good job on 10th place.

[I hoped Tyranitar had died out by now]

I had a Machamp teched in. I was playing the Promo Porygon. I'll post a list once I talk with the other people that helped me make it and make sure I'm not giving up any secrets. LoL

I had hoped Tyranitar would've died out too, but I played 3 of them and there must've been 20-30 people playing it.

Ahhhh the porygon z lvl. X annihilation, so many tm's 0.0, it was a pleasure to be smacked down by such a deck. I'm glad to hear you did so well, congratulations (scizor/shaymin girl).

Ahhhh the porygon z lvl. X annihilation, so many tm's 0.0, it was a pleasure to be smacked down by such a deck. I'm glad to hear you did so well, congratulations (scizor/shaymin girl).

Thank you! And I had a blast playing you. Like I said, I was REALLY close to playing Scizor, but I've wanted to play Porygon since the Great Encounters pre-release. Adding my deck to the first post now.

So thats the rest of the deck. Alls I got to see was the porygon thanks to that Weavile and rare candy.

In the end we both ended up tenth - good job! See you at the next tourney.

So thats the rest of the deck. Alls I got to see was the porygon thanks to that Weavile and rare candy.

In the end we both ended up tenth - good job! See you at the next tourney.

Yeah, but we always have fun playing each other. I'm glad to hear you did well too. Hopefully we'll get another match at BRs or maybe Nats.

Back