Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygon; Decks to use it with

Crobat58

Since the next rotaition is GE under, will flygon still be playable without the lock? It could still be used in decks like flychamp, and flyphan but it'll be harder to use. what other decks can flygon be used in after the next rotation? I've thought about crobat prime but i realised it wouldn't work out. any ideas?

Flyclops is going to be the best variation because it has the best drawpower. Dusknoir SF can draw your cards for you. Also make most of you energy's fire and use Ninetales instead of Claydol.

You know this might sound strange, but I think a good supporter for a flygon deck is the new Groudon/Kyogre legend card because you can use his attack to discard 5 cards from your opponents deck and then the extra one card in-between turns and with 150 hp the legend will last for quite a while. Even if he only lasts 2 turns you would have discarded at least 12 cards from the top of your opponents deck. just an idea

^Except if you attack with KGL they don't discard in between turns, Flygon's Body only works if it's active.

The main problem I can see with a KGL/Flygon combo is, well, ok, there's more than 1. They both require multiple energies (Or a DCE for Flygon) is the big one. Second, KGL doesn't boost Flygon's second attack, making Power Swing kind of power.... less... LOL Also, both a stage 2 and a legend are hard to set up, meaning you'll have to choose which one to set up first and just kind of hope the other comes together.

Honestly, I'm going to be running FlyKing next season. Slowking HGSS to choose which card your opponent discards from the top of their deck, Slowking Prime for draw power (It's not the same as Uxie X, but it boosts Flygon and I'm going to run a few Underground Expedition to make sure that if they drop a card I need I can get it back) and Flygon to be, well, Flygon. XD Early testing shows it works pretty well, one time against a SP deck I discards 3 Poketurns in a row.

Flygon with Exeggutor (HGGS) maybe? Flygon with Honchkrow (Supreme Victors)? That way if they play lots of basics you can attack with both Honchkrow and Flygon.

^Except if you attack with KGL they don't discard in between turns, Flygon's Body only works if it's active.

The main problem I can see with a KGL/Flygon combo is, well, ok, there's more than 1. They both require multiple energies (Or a DCE for Flygon) is the big one. Second, KGL doesn't boost Flygon's second attack, making Power Swing kind of power.... less... LOL Also, both a stage 2 and a legend are hard to set up, meaning you'll have to choose which one to set up first and just kind of hope the other comes together.

Honestly, I'm going to be running FlyKing next season. Slowking HGSS to choose which card your opponent discards from the top of their deck, Slowking Prime for draw power (It's not the same as Uxie X, but it boosts Flygon and I'm going to run a few Underground Expedition to make sure that if they drop a card I need I can get it back) and Flygon to be, well, Flygon. XD Early testing shows it works pretty well, one time against a SP deck I discards 3 Poketurns in a row.

He's actually right.
T1 of attacking with KGL - Discards 5 (5) and takes a hit in opponents turn
T2 of attacking with KGL - Discards another 5 (10) and gets ko'd by opponent. Send up flygon Lv.X to discard between turns (11)
T3 Flygon active, does w/e has to be done that turn and passes, to discard another card between turns (12)

//peace

Back