Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygon! What beats it?

nalves

It seems every one is playing Flygon, so what beats it?

( Other than a fan Rotom with a plus power):lol:

Depends on what techs Flygon is using.

Gengar has almost autowin against straight Flygon (resistance, no reliable way to get through Fainting Spell, Shadow Room on Trapinch, no Lv.X or stadiums necessary in Gengar etc). But there will be Flygon decks that run Weavile which can beat Gengar while consistantly ignoring fainting spell if played correctly.

Porygon-Z hits hard and consistant for weakness and doesn't need stadiums (3 TMs to OHKO which is absolutely no problem to get at least T3), but it's hard to play without Lv.X. However, Flygon SW is able to OHKO Porygon-Z, so it's not an autowin.

GG/Weavile gives it problems.

Porygon Z hits it hard.

Anything with Omastar and spread hurts it badly.

yah really
heres what you guys do
build a quick list
playtest your deck vs it
and are like "omg flygon sucks I just need this this this and boom KO"

Flygon has a lot of tech options open to it, many of which can completely sway or alter match-ups, so it is useless to say any one deck "beats" it, since "it" is really split into a ton of different decks.

I think some of the most solid Flygon lists are going to run Mewtwo lv. X and Palkia lv. X. Yes, you would have to run 3 basic energy types in the deck in order to get free retreat for everything, but the control is ridiculous and since Flygon doesn't specifically need any one type to attack, it wouldn't be difficult at all to run 3 different types (1 water, 2-3 psychic, a handful of fighting). In fact, the standard 4 Roseanne's and Claydol/Cynthia's/etc. would make it rather easy.

If an SP deck doesn't want to automatically lose to Mewtwo, it has to drop Dialga G lv. X, which will then get sniped out of the equation, multiple times if necessary. Palkia helps out against everything, but especially stuff like Kingdra that runs out of steam when it can't consistently Cosmic Power.

exactly there are SO many version you dont know what your playing.

Here ill make a combo right now Flygon/Nidoking

Yeah I thought of Nidoking a while ago too. I love Territoriality-- permanent recoil for the duration of a game. It helps Flygon get KOs similar to how Dragon Pump's bench damage sets up stuff to get knocked out when it comes active by putting things that were in 3HKO range into 2HKO range, or in certain instances, putting even 130 HP stuff into OHKO range (if you can manage to fill your entire bench up with evolutions).

Flygon could also forgo the Mewtwo and run a tech Machamp line with Palkia.

Back