Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygon with out lv.X... is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senior pokeboy

Hi, i need some help for Nationals on Saturday. I did'nt get Flygon lv.X and there is'nt any who wants to borrow me. :frown: Then i thougt that it is bad without lv.X, but maybe it's still good so here is the list:

Pokemon:
2 Porygon
2 Porygon2
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
4 Trapinch
3 Vibrava
3 Flygon (RR)
1 Flygon (SW)

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium:
4 Bebe's
3 Felicity's
3 Broken Time-Space
3 Volkner's
1 Luxury Ball
2 Night Main.
4 Rare Candy
3 Poke Radar
2 Warp Point
3 Roseanne's
1 Looker's
2 Memory Berry

Energy:
2 Call
2 Upper
6 :fighting:

Strategy:
By now you should already know what the strategy is, but i will tell you if there is some things you haven't thought about. Trapinch is an exellent energy accelleration Pokemon, with it's Power to give it a :fighting: from your discard pile if it is the Active Pokemon. In this combo i have two fabilous draw cards: Felicity's and Volkners. These help med with discarding energies and get more cards. The bad thing about this is that they are both Supporters, but that's why i have Porygon2, so i can use both Felicity's/Volkner's and Bebe's/Roseanne's. It would'nt take that long to get Porygon2 up because of Poke radar and BTS (Broken Time-Space).
I don't use Uxie because of Flygons second attack: 60 damage plus 10 more for each evolved pokemon on your bench. Both Claydol and Porygon2 is Stage1, that means that i give extra damage plus they are easy to get up, plus their power. This deck would have been much better if Flygon lv.X (the lv.X eater) was in this deck, but that's just too bad. :frown:

Is this a possible solution? It is still anti alot of things and i KNOW that there is at least 2 Kingdra decks. But please help.
Thank you, Sven

Alright here we go.
Looks like a good list, however I've found that Lucians is a fantastic card in Flygon. If you have a heavily damaged Fly active, Boom move all the energy, free retreat, fresh Flygon. If you like this strategy, another good idea would be a 2-1-2 Nidoqueen RR. It will let you slowly heal any damaged Flygons you retreated.
So I would:
-1 Lookers
-1 Memory Berry
-3 Poke Radar
-1 Volkner
-1 Bebe
and
+ A 2-1-2 Nidoqueen line/Whatever tech you may want/Dusknoir DP/Small PLox line/ You get it.
+2 Lucians
You may also want to consider adding 1 or 2 Unown G's if Gengar is popular.
Hope that helps

Alright here we go.
Looks like a good list, however I've found that Lucians is a fantastic card in Flygon. If you have a heavily damaged Fly active, Boom move all the energy, free retreat, fresh Flygon. If you like this strategy, another good idea would be a 2-1-2 Nidoqueen RR. It will let you slowly heal any damaged Flygons you retreated.
So I would:
-1 Lookers
-1 Memory Berry
-3 Poke Radar
-1 Volkner
-1 Bebe
and
+ A 2-1-2 Nidoqueen line/Whatever tech you may want/Dusknoir DP/Small PLox line/ You get it.
+2 Lucians
You may also want to consider adding 1 or 2 Unown G's if Gengar is popular.
Hope that helps

Year the energy switch idea is realy good. I can also use it with Flygon (SW), i give an enegy then next turn i use lucian's and then attach again. :)

If i was to play flygon, i would put in a 3 basics that will help you set up but to also use as sacrifices so you can Upper energy a flygon and hit for big, ie Jirachi, phione or pachirisu or sableye.

The choice is yours/

For a big tournament like Nationals, this really isn't going to make the cut. Without the Lv X you have a standard card with 2 very standard attacks. Its second attack doesn't do enough for 3 energy and the first attack can be played around. JMO, but I'd play something else - Nationals comes round once a year, you don't ant any regrets

For a big tournament like Nationals, this really isn't going to make the cut. Without the Lv X you have a standard card with 2 very standard attacks. Its second attack doesn't do enough for 3 energy and the first attack can be played around. JMO, but I'd play something else - Nationals comes round once a year, you don't ant any regrets

What the heck are you talking about? The second attack can do up to 110 damage!! and you say it dosen't do enough. Really?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Year the energy switch idea is realy good. I can also use it with Flygon (SW), i give an enegy then next turn i use lucian's and then attach again. :)

You can also use the TM Damage Porter and make them pay for damaging you!!:lol:

Last edited:
What the heck are you talking about? The second attack can do up to 110 damage!! and you say it dosen't do enough. Really?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

You can also use the TM Damage Porter and make them pay for damaging you!!:lol:

Can do up to - it's not 110 every turn. Honestly the 2nd attack isn't bad, but it's pretty standard. And how are you gonna have time to set up all those volutions when Machamp and Kingdra are hitting hard straight away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back