Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flygoners, report in!

IronPika

How many people actually run Flygon decks for tourneys, more specifically nationals? I'm wondering just how common Flygons are, because they counter my deck pretty badly, and I want to know how hard it'd be to win depending on how many people are planning to run Flygons.

There's another set before Nats and we don't really know what's in it. That makes it next to impossible to guess what decks will be big at Nats.

It's also much to early for you to choose what you will play. See what wins at States and Regionals. See what's good in the next set.

Then decide.

I used to play Flygon, but other decks walled against me.
I wonder if the HGSS set has anything for it to make a comeback.

Well Flygon has always been popular since its release and will continue to be. I would consider a strong tech against him if your deck is countered by him as you will definitely see him at states, regional, nationals.

I used to play Flygon, but other decks walled against me.
I wonder if the HGSS set has anything for it to make a comeback.

im not sure...

lawl, but all joking aside, flygon is very common. there are about 34958735 flygon variants and since RR it's been run with just about everything.

... Are you serious?

++

Flygon kinda got better with DCE, but it didn't improve any more than anyone else - the bulky Stage 2 builds that Flygon could splash into effectively don't really work any more because DCE has given Stage 2 decks some speed and Flygon isn't as fast and powerful as other decks anymore - but splashing it into other stuff, slows that other stuff down, when it should be fast enough on its own without DCE, so...

*blah blah blah*

But yeah. Flygon. Everywhere.

Flygon will be a Top Tier deck, because DCE made it super good. (Spiritomb for it is also like mana from heaven btw).

Flygon will be a Top Tier deck, because DCE made it super good. (Spiritomb for it is also like mana from heaven btw).

I dunno.

In my opinion, yeah it's good. . . But Garchomp also gets anything Flygon gets aka DCE.

I'm not expecting it to be at States much, but you may play the odd one.

I dunno.

In my opinion, yeah it's good. . . But Garchomp also gets anything Flygon gets aka DCE.

I'm not expecting it to be at States much, but you may play the odd one.

There has not been a release of anything that deters people from playing Flygon too much other than a swing in popularity of CurseGar. If anything, it is a mob mentality that Flygon somehow is less playable for reasons excluding CurseGar (which in reality it is not).

There has not been a release of anything that deters people from playing Flygon too much other than a swing in popularity of CurseGar. If anything, it is a mob mentality that Flygon somehow is less playable for reasons excluding CurseGar (which in reality it is not).

No Pokemon were released that scared Flygon. What happened, was that the older, more disruptive Stage 2 decks that could have outdone Flygon in their prime (see: G&G) have seen new life from DCE, too. Straight Flygon doesn't have the damage output to compete with Gyarados and Gallade, and when you pair it with anything else, it's too easily disrupted by Gardevoir - threats that weren't so important in the past, but now that those decks have been revived, it's a little more difficult to see Flygon doing as well as it used to.

Gyarados beats it.
Gengar Switch beats it.
Luxchomp beats it.
Shuppet Beats It.
GG Beats it.
Jumpluff beats it.
Donphan beats it.

Even if not all of those decks are good, the fact is too many good decks beat it.

Flychamp is so average now due to the fact that the only SP deck which will probably see play is going to be Luxchomp which is pretty much even anyways. Before we had Dialga/Garchomp.

I dunno, I just think it's pure average.

Gyarados beats it.
Gengar Switch beats it.
Luxchomp beats it.
Shuppet Beats It.
GG Beats it.
Jumpluff beats it.
Donphan beats it.

Even if not all of those decks are good, the fact is too many good decks beat it.

Flychamp is so average now due to the fact that the only SP deck which will probably see play is going to be Luxchomp which is pretty much even anyways. Before we had Dialga/Garchomp.

A lot of those decks are highly susceptible to the deck out. I'm seeing a wane in usage of warps points and energies recently. SSU is still as popular as ever though, lol.

As the second post of this thread said, we have no idea what's going to be played at Nationals, and won't until the next set is released.

Gyarados beats it.
Gengar Switch beats it.
Luxchomp beats it.
Shuppet Beats It.
GG Beats it.
Jumpluff beats it.
Donphan beats it.

Well I don't mean straight Flygon, the only Flygon is Flychamp/Flytrap.

Perhaps a good decklist, would help to "ease" the tention. Am I right?
I mean, you could build the perfect deck, get the cards you want when you need it, but of the structure?

I've been playing Flygon all season, and I agree with the assessment that while Flygon has gotten better, other decks have gotten even more better. (if you'll pardon the grammar)

Back