Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flynite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prize_Card

Hi guys, I'm a new member to this site, thought I could get a few helpful pointers and advice. Well here is the deck that I am going to be playing this weekend for the first battle roads.

Pokemon: 25

4 holon castform
2 spearow
2 fearow
3 dratini delta
2 dragonair delta
3 dragonite ex delta
3 trapinch delta
2 vibrava delta
2 flygon delta
1 flygon ex delta
1 ray ex

Trainers: 22

4 rare candy
3 mentor
3 adventurer
3 windstorm
2 castaway
2 prof. rowan
2 prof elms.
2 night maintnence
1 warpoint

Energy: 13

4 psychic
4 delta rainbow
5 grass

Strategy/Startout: You pretty much want to start with holon castform mentor and draw/ search for first few turns to delta draw and get your set up. After those few turns you should have fearow flygon delta flygon ex, and dragonite ex on the bench(or close to that set up in a few turns) All 4 energy should be on dragonite, either retreat the castform or let it die, bring out dragonite and dragon roar. After a few turns have ray ex set up and snipe the remaning pokemon for game. Many ways to play the deck, any help would be nice, thanks.

Last edited:
do not use holon castform as a starter
seriously, with three mentor in your deck, you have a 1/3 chance of getting a mentor in your starting hand, and even if you do, you have a 50% chance of not bieng able to use it first turn to set up
drop the rowans, two castforms, and an adventurer for 4 chingling and either another grass or a chingling

im not the best flygon deck designer in the world, but this could work

4 rare candy
4 mentor
2 adventurer
3 windstorm
2 castaway
2 copycat
2 bebes search
2 night maintnence
1 warpoint

#2 strenght charm

i dont like copy cat personly, I'd rather have a gaurentee amount of cards rather then, luck. Strength charm really doesnt help as much as it should in this deck because im placing dmg counters, so it doesnt do any thing. I hate bebes.... Wasting resources by shuffling cards back into your deck, plus i just use elms to get out fearow. I used 4 mentor for a while, then i realized it was doing the same thing when i played three... so any more suggestions?

Don't fear it. 2 Copycat is a nice amount. It is a great card, often giving you lots of goodies :biggrin:

I'd reccomend playing Altaria ex delta in place of the flygon delta. It is faster since it a stage 1. You could then just play a tech line of 1-0-1 Flygon ex delta. I'd be easy to fetch since you play fearow.

This would give you more space to put more cards in and more speed.

yes. altaria is the better nrg accelerator in this deck. that way you can play your crystal beach or battle frontier. then lock it in with deafen.

Ya but altaria gets sniped, and it only accels basic energy to stage 2 exs, flygon gives you more of an energy option, and its resistence is good for the decks around my area, also swift helps very niceley.. And flygon is actually very easy to get out, speed isnt an issue with flygon

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

So does anyone have any more suggestions/comments/ratings. battle roads is in three days and i need some more critism on this deck to make sure i have it where i stand a good top 2 chance(like last august battle roads (top 2 every one )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back