Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flyscor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bug Boy

OK. This is just an idea that I think would be pretty cool. I haven't tried it yet, this is just for the original decklist.

Pokémon
1 Flygon lv.x
3 Flygon
2 Vibrava
3 Trapinch
1 Gliscor lv.x
3 Gliscor
3 Gligar
2 Claydol
2 Baltoy

Trainers
4 Bebe
4 Roseanne
4 Rare Candy
4 Volkner
2 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Stark Mountain
2 Premier Ball
2 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball
1 Memory Berry
1 Night Maintenance

Energy
8 Fighting
1 Upper
4 Call

This isn't a tournament-ready deck, it's more like.... kind of a solid list. I'll be adding techs along the way, like Unown G and Cyclones, and that kind of thing.

The idea is to use Flygon lv.x and Gliscor lv.x as a powerful combination, with free retreat on both. Flygon lv.x snipes lv.x and has a nice decking effect as a side bonus. The Flygon gets rid of stadiums and is a very heavy hitter. Gliscor lv.x is great at surprise attacks and is rarely ever hit, and the Gliscor can fade into your hand if it's in danger. If you have enough resources, then you can get a nice engine going, where you have then opportunity to paralyze every turn. It also counters Absol G lv.x and Luxray G lv.x nicely, and if you're smart, you can use poison/burn/vanishing into hand/etc. to thwart Gengar's power. These Pokémon should be very stong when used in combination.

Please comment, all comments are welcome. ~Bug Boy

Last edited:
Wow this is a very interesting combo. that I havent heard of... Good idea.

The LA gliscor is much better than the promo one.

Stark/Looker aren't needed, or the memory berry/switch cards, play 4 upper's, 4 call's, put some more draw cards in like volkner/cynthia/whatever you like, 2-4 bts, whatever you think is good.
Don't play Gliscor promo, LA Gliscor is 10x better in this, try also putting in 1/2 uxie, azelf if you like it, and maybe a relicanth

I have playing a same deck, and indeed:
Gliscor LA with pester is very beter. Also Call energy is a good idea, and you can drop 1 swith (warp point can be nice, if you have free retreat :biggrin: ) Even drop Lookers, and put in more drawpower.
BUT DON'T DROP STARK MOUNTAIN !!!
This card can help you very well :
Play a gliscor LVX on your build up-gliscor. Use pester. Next turn, move a energy (with stark mountain) to a benched gligar or trapinch, and use burnig poison. So you can focus the enery's you attached more on you Flygon, and build 2 pokemon in 1 time up...

You should ditch the Upper Energy. Once you level up, you will have to discard it as it can't be attached to a Lv. X. DCE would be a good call once it is released. Until then play around with azelf/uxie or just 2 azelf. you already have the draw power you need without the uxie, but it could come in handy.

You should ditch the Upper Energy. Once you level up, you will have to discard it as it can't be attached to a Lv. X. DCE would be a good call once it is released. Until then play around with azelf/uxie or just 2 azelf. you already have the draw power you need without the uxie, but it could come in handy.

You can attach a upper energy to a lvx, but it counts then only for 1 colores energy, and that's no problem for flygon, he needs only colores.

Thanks.... I used the promo because of its first attack and the body.... but yeah, the non-promo is a lot more solid.

Waynegg, I see what you mean, but I'm going to run one, just in case. Once DCE comes out, though, I'll definitely swap them.

Spastman and Somethingelse, thanks, I think I will drop the Lookers and a switch for some drawpower. I think I'll keep the Stark Mountain though, It's really good at conserving energy. I'll definitely run calls, I was half-asleep when I wrote this, thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back