Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

For those with Japanese Platinum.....

Nightmare

The Darkrai event is now official! You may download the Member Pass into your Japanese Platinum.

I don't know if it's transferrable to the old versions yet (since I'm not risking my cloning glitch for it) and I'm still having trouble accessing the blasted event (I've gone to the Inn and I still can't enter) Cresselia being caught MIGHT be a prereq though I can't tell because the game is in Japanese.

I'm pretty sure the event is region-locked though. Sorry American players. But some good news: This is based on the Darkrai/Cresselia special in Japan, so when that comes out here we can expect it here around the same time.

Enjoy!

-James

Well, here's some of the lowdown, consider this your press release.....

The prerequisites:

1. You have to defeat the Elite 4
2. You have to get Cresselia to fly away
3. You have to get the Lunar Wing and awaken the kid having nightmares

(major spoilers ahead)

Once you do that and have obtained the Member Pass from the guy in the Pokemart, head over to the sealed inn in Canalave. A guy puts you in a bed then you get sucked into Darkrai's Dark Void. When you reawaken you end up on New Moon Island. You may not go back once on New Moon Island, so make sure you save BEFORE you enter the Inn so if you do something else you're not locked in. If you save in front of Darkrai you MUST farm Darkrai before you go back.

So, let's get to the nitty gritty.

Things you want to bring with you:
- Synchronizer of whatever nature you want (for the average person, Timid Espeon/Alakazam is the way to go). This way you can have a chance of getting the proper nature.
- A Master Ball preferably. It's worth it to restart a crap game for this.
- 5 Pokemon before you go into the Inn. This way after you catch Darkrai you can run his stats and nature right then and there.

Now for the fun part:

Darkrai (Lv. 50)
Faint Attack
Hypnosis? (I can't read Japanese)
Double Team
???

If you're not going for Master Balls, prepare for a fight. You can't dodge his attacks and he's got a good attack going, Double Team's going to make it annoying to hit him, and he can put you to sleep to use that Bad Dreams tactic. Personally, if you're not using Master Balls a Lv. 50 Honchkrow is the ideal fighter for this one so he can't put you to sleep.

Now once you catch Darkrai.......

You will hear something. I don't know Japanese so I can't translate word for word. Then you end up back in the inn, fully healed, and ready to go. You might want to watch the TV in there for some real interesting stuff (translations appreciated), then head out. A sailor will say something then walk off (once again I can't translate, sorry)

At this moment check your Darkrai to see if you got the proper nature/stats/etc. If you did, save. If you didn't, then reset and do the event again.

I'll post the translations once my friend translates the Japanese or if someone would do so I'd appreciate it.

That's the Darkrai event in a nutshell.

The card does not have a friend transfer list. I will be checking it for mixing records and other possible ways to transfer it and a friend will be checking if the event is downloadable to D/P.

Enjoy!

-James

Does a synchronizer really work? I tried it in Emerald when going for a good Ho-Oh and Kyogre, and I can tell you that I didn't see much of a difference. Modest Kyogre was just as ellusive as ever.

Does a synchronizer really work? I tried it in Emerald when going for a good Ho-Oh and Kyogre, and I can tell you that I didn't see much of a difference. Modest Kyogre was just as ellusive as ever.

It's not perfect, but it works a lot better than Emerald

-James

You can't SR for legendaries in Emerald iirc, only wild Pokemon out in the field.

As for D/P/Pt, SRing should work about 50% of the time, just keep at it. Unless Platinum had some screwy changes made to it.

Back