Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Forced to quit Pokemon?

master128512

Ok, here's the deal. I live in a place where nobody plays pokemon, except for kids, but no matter where you go, you will always find kids that play pokemon...but that's besides the point. I only have a few friends and they all play pokemon, but they moved off to college, so now I have nobody to hang out with or to do anything with, include play pokemon.

People are always saying never pretend to be someone you're not just to get people to like you and always be who you are, but being myself by liking pokemon has gotten me to a place in life where I have nobody since I can't find people that like pokemon.

Should I quit pokemon all together and find something more popular to do and make new friends, or should I continue to look for people that like pokemon, which I have been doing for at least two months? I would like to hear from all the parents on pokegym since this might be something that your kids have gone through and anybody else with any ideas.

^ ok relax. all you have to do is find a good group of friends that can accept the fact that you like pokemon. then you will be fine. I mean unless there is no league were you are and you cant go to that to get your pokemon needs in.. then idk

I'm friends with people that play Pokemon, but the people I generally hang out with don't play at all. They know I play, they just don't. Can't you do other things and still do Pokemon?

I enjoy Pokemon (TCG and VG) but not many people i know like Pokemon. And so far, no Adults enjoy it. But i won't give it up because i don't know someone to play it with (atleast not my age anyway) But i'll stick with it no matter what.

If you have a pokemon league where you live and there are only little kids in it, then they can use a teen to help run the league--teach the little kids how to play or improve their play and deck-building abilities. If there is no league then start one! This is a perfect way to meet new pokemon-loving people. It's hard when your friends move on. Our league is filled with junior players, but they are growing up!

Ok, here's the deal. I live in a place where nobody plays pokemon, except for kids, but no matter where you go, you will always find kids that play pokemon...but that's besides the point. I only have a few friends and they all play pokemon, but they moved off to college, so now I have nobody to hang out with or to do anything with, include play pokemon.

People are always saying never pretend to be someone you're not just to get people to like you and always be who you are, but being myself by liking pokemon has gotten me to a place in life where I have nobody since I can't find people that like pokemon.

Should I quit pokemon all together and find something more popular to do and make new friends, or should I continue to look for people that like pokemon, which I have been doing for at least two months? I would like to hear from all the parents on pokegym since this might be something that your kids have gone through and anybody else with any ideas.
play basketball or football or something, i might quit after this year but im not so sure

Last edited:
Well you can make new friends and they don't have to be into pokemon, And if it is just kids who play at the league what is the problem with playing them? My league is mostly junior and senior players and it is still fun to play the game. I have alot of frinds who don't play but we still do stuff besides pokemon. I kinda know how you feel though but trust me it is not that big if a deal, just keep playing and make new friends! If they can't accept you for who you are then they are not true friends.:thumb:

pokemonmike

Does your school/community have a game club? If so, you could get involved with that and introduce some people to Pokemon and learn some new games yourself. Way back when I was in high school (long before Pokemon) I was involved in a club like this and it was great. Sure everyone had their own favorites but they were able to share those in a friendly setting and tried some games they had never played before. We did a little of everything from regular cards to board games to D&D. And if there isn't such a club, maybe you could look into starting one. In the good old days, we simply had to find a teacher to sponsor us and an available room.

Thanks for the ideas guys. The closest league is two hours away, and I don't feel like driving that far just for a league. I don't know if I should start a league because of all that kids that might come. I'm 21and I feel like hanging out with people my own age, not 12 or 13 year olds. I've tried the other games like magic and yugioh, but they don't bring me the happiness and fun that pokemon does. I just want new friends to hang out with because doing things by yourself for a couple of months gets really boring. So should I just quit pokemon to find new people to do things with? I don't know.

Become an LL and TO. Really, that's the most fun I've had since starting this game. Of course, I still enjoy playing, but just seeing these kids' faces when they sit down and play... Words can't describe it.

for the moment, the closest league to me is 6 hours away. so i'm taking a little hiatus. and i'm playing online poker to pass the time till cities. poker is serving me pretty well too. (it's so fun, typing into the chat box saying 'ehhh. i think i might bluff at this one. and have everyone call you. then you win with the straight.)

but if you are permanently going to be 2 hours away from any league and you love pokemon. then do start a league of your own. that's the best idea so far.

Yeah just find enough people in the area who like the game. I meen we don't exactly have a ton of regulars at our league and usually we barely have enough for an unsanctioned tournament. Now of course the easy way out of this is to move closer to a league but thats hard so I guess its not the easy way....plus you can always play online at that apprentice website.

Maybe you should put your general location in this thread or start a new thread looking for players in your general area. Maybe there are others that frequent the 'gym that you just don't know yet. Then you might even have someone else to help get a league up and running if you decide on that route. Also, are there any gaming or hobby stores near you? If yes, put an ad up on the bulletin board or ask if they have a TCG night. I bet that you will find other players your age or at least other gamers who haven't picked it up because they hit the same roadblock that you are describing.

Back