Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Forgetting a Prize and Twins Follow-up

Box of Fail

Hi, I asked the question below and I'm afraid I didn't make my question clear:

Box of Fail said:
If player 1 knocks out one of player 2's Pokémon and forgets to take a prize card, then player 2 activates Twins when the number of prize cards they have is still the same (but player 1 should have fewer), is player 2 in violation of the rules, beyond his failure to remain aware of the game state? e.g. if both players notice this a few turns later, would it constitute a broken game state on player 2's part?

Thanks!

PokePop said:
No. This is Player 1 being in violation of the game state.

The very one, most important ever, thing that absolutely, positively MUST be correct about the game state is how many prizes are remaining.

You don't get to "forget" to draw a prize.
Even if the fact that a prize was not drawn is discovered many, many turns later, that part of the game state MUST be corrected. If the hand has been cycled during that time, as it quite likely, then it may be that the prize is just shown to Player 1 and shuffled into the deck.
But it MUST be drawn to correct the game state.

I understand that upon its being noticed the prize must be drawn and that player 1 is responsible for a broken game state. However, if before the mistake is noticed, player 2 activates Twins while the prizes are tied (but should be in player 1's favor), is player 2 also responsible for breaking the game state?

Say I'm playing my opponent and he forgets to take a prize, after which I Twins for some cards. Some number of turns later, either he or I point out that he has a prize too many. Obviously he has broken the game state by not drawing his prize. My question is, have I broken the game state myself by using Twins when the prizes were physically tied?

Once again, thank you!

I wouldn't say you "broke the game state".
You failed to notice that it was already broken.

I can't lay down what a judge would or should do in any specific tournament when an error has been made.
That's not the purpose of this forum.
The purpose of this forum is to say how to play correctly and what to do in order to play correctly.
The answer to that is that Player 1 should have drawn his prize when he knocked out a Pokemon and Player 2 should have noticed that the prize was not drawn.
Once you get beyond that into a messed up game state and how to fix it, that's what the judge is there for.

Back