Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fossil Donk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunchris

I love fossils. Absolutely my favorite type of pokemon in the game. Here's a deck that I've been playing since last spring Cities (and missed top cut due to head to head).

Pokemon: 16
2/1-2/1 Omastar AR/MD (2 AR Omanyte/ 1 MD)
2/1-2 Kabutops AR (2 AR Kabuto/1 MD)
2 Aerodactyl AR
1 Relicanth SV
1 Regice
1 Uxie

Trainers/Suppoters/Stadiums:29
4 Helix Fossil
4 Dome Fossli
4 Old Amber
3 Rare Candy
4 Fossil Excavator
1 Marley's Request
2 Vs. Seeker
1 BTS
2 Switch
2 Expert Belt
2 Interviewer's Questions

Energy:15
6 :water:
9 :fighting:

Strategy:
Pretty much hope to start with the Dome fossil next and try to get a T1 (If going second) or a T2 Kabutops and and Start attacking right away. Omastar is there for late game attacking and easy kills/disruption with Time Spiral attack. Regice of course spiritomb tech and Chatot as well.

Ways this deck took a hit after rotation:
Well this deck originally had 3 Roseanne's in it along with a GE Relicanth.

Also with the new Vileplume I need to figure out what I can add to help speed the deck up even more.

What I replaced on my own:
-3 Roseanne's
+2 Cryus's Conspiracy
+1 Uxie
-1 Relicanth GE
+1 Chatot

Last edited:
:p sweet! Fossil players are rare in my area, so i wouldn't know much. Maybe you could take out bebe's search for Luxury ball? or is it a preference thing?

Also for the vileplume issue, you may need to just anticipate it and strike it early. That or put in a 1-1 Dialga GlvX, but i wouldn't recommend it strongly. There is also DrifblimFB, but it may not have synergy here. Hmm...

Last edited:
The Dialga G X has been an option but it also takes away the special bodies that some of my fossils have as well. I've always played against spiritomb and managed to get around it but cause of Vile now I have a small problem. Drifblim FB could also be a possiblility...I might be able to afford a rainbow energy or two in this deck.

I can't believe I forgot the Luxury ball....I must have forgotten to put it in when I was rebuilding the deck lol.

DGX isn't a Plume counter.

a 1-1 Blaziken is a far better counter.

How's that??? DGX 100% shuts down Vileplume, EVERY TIME. It even has the benefit of eating up a bench space since Vileplume is by no means an attacker further limiting the Vileplume player in how they can run their deck.

With Blaze FB, you are relying on your opponent having no Warp Energy or other way to retreat (Dodrio, Q, etc.) to lock it active, and a smart Vileplume player will recognize this weakness and build for it. That's far from a guarantee.

Drop a Marley and max out the Old Amber. It'll help you along with your Kabutops Strategy a little more consistently.

K I can do the Marley's for the old amber even though it does ruin a small strategy but I still have the second one. If i was going to put in a DGX what would I have to take out to make room for it? I was thinking the Chatot and an Dactyl...but even if I do that I need a what to get DGX back to the bench.

^ That's true, but you wouldn't need the DGX for more than a turn or 2 anyway so you could bench some fossils for recovery.

You wouldn't need to add anything to get Dialga back to the bench. You already have Switch.

Also If I really want to be mean I can just Time Spiral either Gengar or Vile, or I can add in a MD omastar and take out something for it.

spiraling the plume will be a waste of an attack unless the plume is already hurt enough to knock out the gloom under it. if gloom lives, you'd have no window to load fossils on your bench cuz all they need is a t/s/poke-power to get it back the turn after you make them shuffle it.

time spiral the gengar x cuz by rule both the x AND the gengar get shuffled into the deck. they'll need 2 t/s/poke-power to get both cards back and even if they manage that they can't play the x same turn

Well I guess it could depend on the situation. If they used Rare Candy to get the Vile or Gengar out and there is no BTS on the field then it would take longer to get the cards out plus I might get a few easy KOs that way. But yeah Gengar would for sure be the first target.

Deck Edited:
-1 Marlys
-1 Bebe's
+1 Omastar MD
+1 Old Amber

On a side note, if your able to play the omastar MD twice in one turn, all their bench pokemon would become basics. As we already know, this could KO them if they aren't careful. (50hp for the oddish and gastly). Once Hunter comes out, I can see Omastar MD being used since BTS would allow you to devolve the bench twice. From there you can pick and choose what you wanna do. :) hope that helps.

You need to up your Expert belt line to 2 or 3 to ensure a donk

I'd take out Chatot G as I find no purpose for it in this deck and Marleys request.

I have no idea why people tell me to get rid of Marleys but I'll try it with and without it. Pretty much Marleys would let me pick up either a Dome or helix or Old Amber from the discard and I can use that for *Kabutops. Its like letting my opponent choose which card will kill them. So I'll do testing with and without it and I'll add in the expert belts as well. I know an Expert belt will go in for Chatot for sure.

Deck Edited:
-1 Chatot G
+1 Expert Belt

*Edit: I accidentally said kabuto instead of Kabutops....but otherwise you get the picture.

Last edited:
I have no idea why people tell me to get rid of Marleys but I'll try it with and without it. Pretty much Marleys would let me pick up either a Dome or helix or Old Amber from the discard and I can use that for Kabuto. Its like letting my opponent choose which card will kill them. So I'll do testing with and without it and I'll add in the expert belts as well. I know an Expert belt will go in for Chatot for sure.

Deck Edited:
-1 Chatot G
+1 Expert Belt

I really like this deck idea, have you ever tried the armadalo fossil deck? its pretty sweet

I haven't really seen a good Armaldo deck around in either league that I've played at.

Believe it or not I actually had a Rampardos in this deck that caught most people by surprise. I had them so focused on Kabutops and Omastar that when Rampardos came out it just completely took over. If there is a link to an Armaldo deck I would like to look at it.

Thats interesting but I think I'll stick to this for a while.

Is there anything else that I should do to help make this better. Like should I put in a ditto or not to help counter or what other tech would be good in here?

From what I hear
Warp point > Switch
Its mainly preference though

I might drop the 2 cyrus's conspiracy for 2 PONT, I'm not really sure how smooth your deck works, I've never played a fossil deck before

My problem is the energies. Like I said in the First post I had to take out 3 Roseanne's which was a staple in this deck so I had to find some other way to get energies into my hand and that seemed like a possible switch. I test it with the PONT though and see how it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back