Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fossil Fuel: A Fossil Mulligan deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkash

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
The first fossil mulligan deck to be posted on Pokegym, I'm so honoured. After the CC, I've decided that this deck needed a change, but obviously, I don't have many choices.

Fossil Fuel

Pokemon-9
2 Anorith (Fast Evolution)
4 Armaldo
1 Lileep (Time Spiral)
2 Omastar (SS)
Trainers-37
4 Claw Fossil
3 Root Fossil
2 Mysterious Fossil
4 Desert Shaman
4 Mystery Plate Alpha
1 Mystery Plate Delta
1 Energy Search
3 Pokenav
3 Moo-Moo Milk
2 Warp Point
4 Rare Candy
3 Crystal Shard
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
Energy-14
14 :fighting: Energy

This deck went 3-1 at Milford, but then it went 2-3 at the Pokemon Center, and I don't know why. The deck's strategy is to mulligan until you get this hand: Claw Fossil, Desert Shaman, Mystery Plate Alpha, and a :fighting: energy. On your first turn (with Claw Fossil active), play the Mystery Plate on Claw Fossil, attach the energy to it, and Desert Shaman. You have roughly a 1/5 chance (assuming you lose one of these cards to the prizes) to pull either a Rare Candy, Professor Elm's Training Method, or an Armaldo in the Shaman cards. Depending on what you pull, either Desert Burn (Mystery Plate Alpha's attack) for a Rare Candy, if you pull either Elm or Armaldo, or Elm's Training if you pull Rare Candy. IF you have both, Burn for the Mystery Plate Delta, and next turn use its attack to pull 3 basic energy from the deck. On your next turn, Rare Candy to Armaldo, attach an energy if possible and either pass or use a Mystery Plate. If you pull none of the necissary cards after the Shaman, Burn for Elm's Training and get Anorith on the next turn, then Fast Evolution.
The Lileep is so you can Influence Anorith out of the deck to kill Sheninja if it comes up. (I know its rare, but I still don't want to lose because one card hits the board.) The Omastar are for some backup water damage, and to Pull Down rare candied evolutions, as well as to KO damaged ones. The Energy Search is if I Mystery Plate Alpha and I need a basic energy for the next turn. (it happens more often then you might think.) It's rare to lose with the right starting hand (I lost to a Gengar deck in a great match, and a grass deck that kept putting me to sleep and doing double damage.), but sometimes the judge will force you to take a hand, generally if the round has been going for more than 5 minutes. Any suggestions for the deck?

Last edited:
Cool strategy! I like it alot! I think you've done a great job with it, but I think you should switch Moo-Moo to Potion, take out the nrg Search for an Azurill, and take out a Crystal Shard for another Azurill. The Azurill should help get out the Fossils and other trainers faster. Hope I helped!
-Swampy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back