Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fountain Valley CC (SoCal) - 2/28/04 - Info & Roll Call

GreatFox

The Fountain Valley City Championship is this weekend (3rd one in SoCal)!

Where:
Fountain Valley Public Library
17635 Los Alamos
Fountain Valley, CA 92708

When:
February 28, 2004
Registration starts at 10 am
The Tournament will start at about 11 am

Entrance Fee:
Free

Fountain Valley City Championship's Info Page

Let us (Chrisbo) know if there are any questions.

So who's comming?

FYI... I'll defentaly be there this time around...

Last edited:
I have planned it with my parents that I am coming to this one. They have to go out to dinner later in the night with some friends (which they rarely, rarely ever do) so I am going to try to come. Do you have any idea to when it will end?

Well... would have to double check with Chrisbo, but since the Library closes at 5pm, I'm guessing at about 5pm; unless the library actually lets us stay there longer ( i really don't know what thier policy on that is though)

Just too add on, Expect to see me, Warbuzz, TrEkIeV, Paul, and others from our league there.

Now to build a red face paint deck thats good against Gardivor... Gardy has been the only one giving me some trouble so far.

FYI - The Library hours are from 10am-5pm, period. That includes time to setup & take down tables & chairs and such. At this time I cannot get inside early to setup, so I'm probably going to be taking signups and handing out decklists at 9 or 9:30 outside before the doors open. If you can have your POP-ID and decklist ready to go in advance, that will really help speed things along too.

We'll probably be doing five rounds of Swiss, but since we absolutely MUST be out of the room by 5pm, we may or may not have a Top-8 depending on how much time we have leftover.

Also, there aren't any really close-by places to eat within walking distance, so you may want to consider bringing a sack lunch. The library does not allow food/drink inside, but there is a really nice grass area just outside (weather permitting); bring your picnic blanket too.

That's about it for now; I'll post more as I think of it.

See ya,
- CHRISBO

Since he just said he can't get in early, probably not.

Although I'd be more than happy to come in early as well to give any sort of a helping hand that I could. I'd like to actually have a reason for having the title 'Professor', other than simply having passed the test.

Okay, how about "Do you guys need help with anything? I could probably come early to help if it is needed."

LOL, better? :)

I'm sure Chrisbo will probably need some help setting the room up, especially since we will need to have everything set up as quickly as possible to get the most out of the limited time we have.

As Chrisbo suggested, if you can have your Deck List and POP ID ready before hand, it will help make things go a lot faster so we can finish the tourny in time before we get kicked out ;)

Last edited:
If you have participated in one of the Black Lion tournaments or if you attended the Riverside City Championships last weekend, then I should already have your POP-ID entered into my players database. If you have participated in any of PT&E's Prerelease events or GenCon-Anaheim, then I might have your ID from one of Karl's old lists (if I can find it). But no matter what, please make sure to bring your POP-ID anyway just to be on the safe side.

As far as help setting up, I think there's only like 8 long folding tables and 40-50 chairs, so if we all pitch in we should be able to get things rolling quickly.

I will be using the same Deck List form that was used in Riverside. You can get/print a blank deck list from here or write it down when you get there, but if you can fill it out beforehand and bring it with you, that would be great.

P.S. If anyone has the attendance numbers from Bakersfield, please post in the sticky thread. Thanx.

See ya,
- CHRISBO

I'll be there w/ Marshstomp, lookinforwailordex, korythatsrightmare & Gabe. Aaron B. is coming with his folks.

EX Drangon? :)

I am so excited. The CC is the only thing that has kept me going this week. I've had so much homework and tests this week that I can seriously say this has been the most work I have ever gotten this year. I wouldn't be doing as well if I weren't thinking that the tournament is in a few days.

Now I have to go write up a lab report and study for a vocabulary unit final thingy tomorrow. :(

Just one more day.... hope you guys have your decks all ready (still working on my deck... darn you Gardy!)

Back