Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fox wants YOU!

Orange Soda

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=86448

Fox, the home to such animated hits as The Simpsons and King of the Hill, wants your ideas for a new animated comedy series!

This is your chance to pitch your ideas to a major network in Fox’s first-ever "Pitch-O-Rama." Creative individuals who have a fresh, innovative idea for an animated comedy show are encouraged to submit their material together with a signed release form. Each individual may submit no more than two projects and each project must be submitted separately and accompanied by a separate release form.

Up to 100 applicants (all of whom must be 18 or older) will be selected to attend an open pitch session to be held at the network's Los Angeles offices in November.

For rules and Applications, check out Fox's Pitch-O-Rama website! The deadline for mailing your submissions is September 15th, 2003.

I have an idea. It's about a guy who gets frozen and ends up in the year 3000 where he gets to hang out with an alcoholic robot, a one-eyed mutant chick, and a lobster-fish monster.

Oh wait...... Fox already had a perfectly good series like that but now it's gone. Screw you, Fox. Simpsons have been going downhill for the past 3 or 4 seasons, and King of the Hill is utter jank. They blew the best animated series they had going for it so they can replace it with what? Some random, fan-made publicity stunt? Pfft.

I agree with Joshman about the Futurama bit. Futurama was incredibly good, but then it just sorta stopped dead. WHAT HAPPENED? Well, I might as well go to the website..... Here it is..... I think that if I read between the lines..... Here we go...... The message is:- "Fox would like to announce that it no longer has any source of creativity or talent, and as such would like to leech off of the general public in a feeble attempt to stay on the air."

Then again, that gives me a great idea for a TV show! We can have it like Popstars (if you've heard of it, it's sorta like the Search for a Supermodel thing), where participants bring up ideas for TV shows, and after each episode, some of them get voted out of the studio!!! 'Reality' TV, Animation, Drama, Comedy, some guy who says stuff, This show has it all! - and I can win first place because I thought of it!!!

So, what do we think - good?

WHAT?! Futurama was an AWESOME show, Family Guy was just that random, stupid, teenage-comedy show with nothing else added. Pure JUNK.
Futurama, on the other hand...:cool:

I wouldnt trust them. It's happened many times in the past that you give one of the corporations an idea, and they run with it, not in your exact way, but the general idea. Basically screwing you out of a deal :(

MonkeyMan said:
They Dumped family guy and frankly that show OWNS futurama hands down. ;\
pfft, you dont know what you're saying :lol:

Last edited:
I'd rather watch Family Guy than any other show on Fox now, with the exception of Futurama and the older seasons of the Simpsons.

McFarlane was offered by Cartoon Network a chance to revive Family Guy, but turned it down due to other projects he had.

Futurama, on the other hand, is more of a budget issue with CN and not feasible at this time to recreate. Groening has hopes of completing a Futurama movie trilogy, in order to finish out his series. The Bongo comic is still going strong. Futurama the video game is a hilarious romp and features the great voice acting and writing from the original cast. Unfortunately you must suffer through the horrible gameplay to get to the great cutscenes.

I never liked Family Guy. When I saw it, it seemed like the writers were thinking "if I say naughty words, then the audience will laugh". That's what it feels like to me, anyway.

Hmm...I don't know. While some portions of Family Guy are pretty...dirty, I guess is the word...there is a great deal of the show that is clever, smart humor. I'd have to say that in most ways it IS better than the Simpsons-humor of Futurama. Not that Futurama is bad, mind you. :)

But yeah...I concur in saying "sucks to Fox." Good luck with getting a decent idea out of the general public. =\

Frankly, I can't stand "The Simpsons," "Futurama," "King of the Hill," of "Family Guy." They are all crass, lude, and inappropriate. I am not going to submit any ideas, because Fox would just pass it up because it would be decent and would lack potty humor.

What ever happened to the wholesome shows for the whole family like "Full House," and "Family Matters?" Now those were good shows.

Last edited:
?HUH?

Simpsons had GREAT inside jokes culturally, socially, pop culture: I always found it challenging *UNDERSTANDING* the references.

Kids laugh at the fart jokes but the ADULTS got the references. Earlier seasons were classic.

Futurama? Sheer SATIRE. SATIRE!!!!
Where the Simpson's left off.

I like King of the Hill when it was crass, now, eh.

I NEVER cared for the family guy, talk about WHERE the simpsons never DARE go... funny tho now that I have caught it on CN.

Last edited:
I love Family Guy, got the season 3 DVD set a couple weeks ago and watched it all in two days. XD
Futurama's slightly better, though IMO..

I'm not gonna enter this... I can't come up with any original ideas (plus I'm under 18 lol), but I hope the winning idea IS original... and funny.

Back