Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Frosslass' Destiny Bond vs. Unown G

drrty byl

Frosslass LA's "Destiny Bond" attack reads: "Discard a P energy attached to Frosslass. During your opponent's next turn, if Frosslass would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, the Attacking Pokemon is Knocked Out."

Unown G GE's "Guard" power reads: "GUARD - Once during your turn (before your attack), if Unown G is on your Bench, you may discard all cards attached to Unown G and attach Unown G to 1 of your Pokemon as a Pokemon Tool card. As long as Unown G is attached to a Pokemon, prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to that Pokemon."

My question is if I use Unown G's "Guard" power to attach it to one of my pokemon, does G have to be attached to my active pokemon at the time Frosslass's "Destiny Bond" attack is used in order to prevent it from being knocked out (assuming I use it to Knock Out Frosslass on my following turn), or does Unown G, simply being attached to a pokemon at any time, prevent Frosslass's "Destiny Bond" effect?

Thanks for the clarification!

The G just has to be attached before the end of the turn that the effect will be applied, before the Pokemon is KO'd

Back