Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

FTK - Crobat Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic_Umbreon

Researching Tower Scientist, Retired
Introduction

This is an idea, an experiment. Joyfully naive of metagame, archetypes and the like it is a fairly obvious strategy to exploit a win condition. More like a donk deck than anything else, but I have fleshed it out with my own ideas and taste. First turn kill decks have always interested me, particularly players who I have seen use them and the potential for a simple strategy to knock down an advanced one in the most satisfying way.

'Crush' FTK
Crobat Rush

Spoiler Translations

Crobat G LV.44 – :psychic: – HP80
Basic Pokémon SP

:ppowr: Flash Bites
You can use this power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand onto your bench. Place 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

:psychic::colorless Poison Fang: The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. In between turns, place 2 damage counters on the Poisoned Pokémon instead of 1.

Weakness: :lightning (x2)
Resistance: :fighting: (-20)
Retreat: 0

Team Galactic's Invention G-105 Pokéturn
Trainer

Return 1 of your SP-Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

Tentative Decklist

Pokémon: 14
4 Crobat G
4 Uxie
4 Unown R
1 Zapdos
1 Spiritomb

Trainers: 44
4 Super Scoop Up
4 G-105 Pokéturn
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
4 Pokédex
4 Poké Drawer
4 Poké Blower
4 Quick Ball
4 Poké Ball
4 Pluspower
1 Energy Search
4 Switch

Energy: 2
2 Psychic Energy

Strategy

Crobat has a unique ability to bring damage into play without the need to end your turn. Amplifying this effect means enough damage counters can be placed to KO pokémon. G-105 Pokéturn returns Crobat to the hand so that it can be played again. This repetition of using Crobat's poké-power is the foundational strategy, the other cards are to support this form of damage with enough for a first turn win.

Uxie is great draw power, but requires a light hand to be of significant use. Many trainers such as energy search, pluspower, poké ball, super scoop up will reduce your hand size, so along with benching basic pokémon you can empty your hand for large draw, then use your new hand to repeat the strategy by searching/playing another Uxie, or super scooping up the Uxie. Along with the many draw trainers (Pokédrawer, pokédex and potentially victory medal) you can rush through the deck to play the Crobats down and deal the damage. Unown R allows you to free your hand, then draw after the set up power by Uxie, and gives quick ball and the like a +1 draw option. As a starter, it can be switched then discarded, so you avoid wasting the power of the pokémon you started with. E.g. if you were to open with Uxie, you would lose one set up power.

Spiritomb functions as a 5th Crobat by adding a counters to whatever Crobat has already had effect on. Although the deck is built to beat lone starters, it is possible to win against more than one benched pokémon providing their HP is not too high. In this case, Spiritomb is especially effective as it can do double the effect of Crobat. Does not combo with SSU like Crobat however.

Uxie has an attack that does 20, the secondary effect is negligible. The psychic energies and pluspowers can be attached to it to free hand space for another Uxie (and energy searches can be failed searches too). At the end of the turn, Uxie can attack to do 20-60 damage depending on how many pluspowers ended up attached. This is sufficent to KO a 50/60HP starter, certainly with Crobat support and allows the strategy to work against high HP openers and multiple pokémon openings.

Few supporters are included to avoid clogging the hand. Bebe's can shuffle a useless second supporter or energy back to the deck.

......more soon.....

Last edited:
Gengar much?

You need a strategy.

And you are only going to be able to use Crobat 8 times right?
+ 1 Zapdos
+1 Spiritomb.

100 Damage, 20 to each plus whatever you spread around. I'm not buying it to work.

Gengar much?

You need a strategy.

+ 1 Zapdos
+1 Spiritomb.

100 Damage, 20 to each plus whatever you spread around. I'm not buying it to work.

I'm sorry I didn't think about that t1, t2 deck possibility, lol, good idea actually. and I forgot SSU too.

basically getting all of that in 1 turn shouldn't be too hard, mulligan is what you need to worry about.

I'd play another Zapdos just to be on the kewl side.

I suggest Night Maintenance. When you're all out of scooping and Poketurning your Crobat's, let your opponent KO them while you charge up Zapdos, then get them back to your deck.

Everyone, your are missing the boat on this big time, Corbat G is not the starter for this deck Sabeleye LA is. With this you can bring down big game (Ok 70 HP pokemon) on T1, T2 if you have the cards.

Sabeley vs Uxie

If the Sabeley player has two Corbats, or a crobat and Spiritomb in opening hand and a special dark T1 OKO

If Sabeley is alone and has a reular dard and a roseannes in hand, OVerconfident for 10. `Uxie will most likely hit you for 20 to stay safe they think. T2 draw, play roseanns for tow crobats and take Uxie from 10 to 30 damage and then T2 the Uxie.

4 Sabeleye is a must in this deck.

Your opponenets 50 and 60 hp starters will go down much easier then this, most of the time you wont even require a special dark for the kO.

Actually Sableye is terrible in this. You automatically go first and then can't use 80% of the cards in your deck. Decks like this have to go second to really function correctly. This is great suprise deck, but it's actually pretty easy to disrupt if you know whats coming.

Yes, Gastly or something like a T1 or T2 Kabutops completely cripples this.

Last edited:
-1 Energy Search (Roseannes´s does better)
-4 Dusk Ball (14 Pokemons aren´t enough to use it)
-2 Switch (you don´t need that many)
-2 Unown R (do you really need them)
+3 Marley´s Request (a chance to return Pokéturn)
+2 Team Galactic´s Base (more damage to Pokemon that evolves)
+2 Psychic Energies (to don´t have the bad luck of having 2 Prized)
+2 Night Maintenance (to return Crobat)
-2 Unown R (just if you don´t really need them)
+1-1 Cresselia LV.X (move damage counters)

Thanks for all the replies!

Thanks for all the replies so fast!

44 trainers and 2 energy?
How's that going to work?

Gengar much?

You need a strategy.

+ 1 Zapdos
+1 Spiritomb.

Well 4 Crobat = 40, plus 4 Pokéturn = 80, plus SSU = 100, plus Spiritomb = 120, plus pluspower attack = 180. That's absolute maximum (without pokéblower which is an excellent suggestion by Brady). Minus 10 for everything you don't get to use still leaves it high enough to take a fast win. Afaik before testing, Uxie and the draw 1 trainers make this feasible, it is very possible it could fail but that's all part of the fun.

Stratagy? It actaully seems fun. Is it sort of liek a T1/2 win deck?

Yes. Turn 1 if you get to go second (>50% chance because your opponent may be Sableye), or Turn 2 if you had to go first and they didn't make enough of their first turn to block the strategy. I don't claim that equates to victory every game.

I'm sorry I didn't think about that t1, t2 deck possibility, lol, good idea actually. and I forgot SSU too.

basically getting all of that in 1 turn shouldn't be too hard, mulligan is what you need to worry about.

I'd play another Zapdos just to be on the kewl side.

More Zapdos is an interesting idea, and determined by how the game works out in practice instead of theory (ie do they start with 2 or 3 often, do you hit enough SSU etc). I thought another Zapdos would risk it as a starter, because you can't free retreat to the Uxie like Crobat can. Which isn't a problem with switch, that was the point of switch and also as the hand emptier, but with Brady1's poké-blower replacing them, Crobat start is a little more important.

I suggest Night Maintenance. When you're all out of scooping and Poketurning your Crobat's, let your opponent KO them while you charge up Zapdos, then get them back to your deck.

The deck is a first turn kill, "When you're all out of scooping and Poketurning your Crobat's" you lose, that's the strategy. Night Maintenance would be very problematic to Uxie because it would stay dead in your hand and reduce your draw every time.

*starts with gastly and extends hand* : ) jk jk
looks like fun!

More zappy and consider adding in a tech drapion lvl X line.

Hmm... I'm not sure how I could fit in a stage 1 Level X without it disrupting the turn 1 strategy. A coin flip for 3 counters doesn't seem so useful.

Everyone, your are missing the boat on this big time, Corbat G is not the starter for this deck Sabeleye LA is. With this you can bring down big game (Ok 70 HP pokemon) on T1, T2 if you have the cards.

Sabeley vs Uxie

If the Sabeley player has two Corbats, or a crobat and Spiritomb in opening hand and a special dark T1 OKO

If Sabeley is alone and has a reular dard and a roseannes in hand, OVerconfident for 10. `Uxie will most likely hit you for 20 to stay safe they think. T2 draw, play roseanns for tow crobats and take Uxie from 10 to 30 damage and then T2 the Uxie.

4 Sabeleye is a must in this deck.

Your opponenets 50 and 60 hp starters will go down much easier then this, most of the time you wont even require a special dark for the kO.

Do you mean Sableye SF?

I think what is important to be noted is that a Sableye strategy is entirely different to the strategy of my Crush deck, it is not so much a change but a complete overhaul. It blocks the strategy by the volume of Sableye and darkness energy limiting draw power (or clogging bench). More so, with 4 Crobat + whatever you are not garaunteed a Sableye start, so what do you do then? I think it is an interesting concept, and I am very interested if anyone has expanded it (link/whatever), but I think it is a very different strategy, and I would like to work on the strategy of rushing through the deck for a first turn win.

Actually Sableye is terrible in this. You automatically go first and then can't use 80% of the cards in your deck. Decks like this have to go second to really function correctly. Decks liek this are great suprise decks, but are actually pretty easy to disrupt if you know whats coming.

Yes, Gastly or something like a T1 or T2 Kabutops completely cripples this.

Completly agree.

-1 Energy Search (Roseannes´s does better)
-4 Dusk Ball (14 Pokemons aren´t enough to use it)
-2 Switch (you don´t need that many)
-2 Unown R (do you really need them)
+3 Marley´s Request (a chance to return Pokéturn)
+2 Team Galactic´s Base (more damage to Pokemon that evolves)
+2 Psychic Energies (to don´t have the bad luck of having 2 Prized)
+2 Night Maintenance (to return Crobat)
-2 Unown R (just if you don´t really need them)
+1-1 Cresselia LV.X (move damage counters)

Energy search can be failed for extra Uxie draw, whereas Roseanne's is stuck in your hand after the first supporter. A lot of the other cards serve a similar purpose. Cards like Cresselia and TG's Base that are not useful on the first turn do not conform to the strategy and hinder it in the same way extra energy/night maintenance does. Unown R is amazing with the quantity of Uxie, and switch is great for getting it on the bench if it is the starter. Extra draw for Uxie, then free draw after = top card here. NM is marginally possibly useful combined with Unown R (though I'd prefer TSD), though taking out Unown R for NM I don't like.

Just realized you don't have 4 pokeblower+. auto-add.

Indeed, a very good suggestion. I will add those and make the following changes:

+4 Poké-blower
-4 Dusk Ball

I think it's more of a question what I should take out for dusk ball, than for poké-blower. Poké-blower is auto-add, Dusk Ball is just a consideration. Deck space is tight with 20% of the deck consisting of solely Pokédex/drawer/Unown R and the many must have cards like SSU/Pokéturn.

I think I might proxy this up and see how it works.

That deck is great ;) I've actually made it yesterday with a few important changes in the list:

Pokémon: 13
4 Crobat G
3 Uxie
2 Unown R
2 Sableye
2 Spiritomb

Trainers: 42
4 Super Scoop Up
4 G-105 Pokéturn
4 Roseanne's Research
1 Luxury Ball
4 Pokédex
4 Poké Drawer
4 Poké Blower
4 Quick Ball
3 Dusk Ball > Pokeball
4 Pluspower
3 Switch
3 Marly's Request
2 TS-TM 2 (Devoluter)

Energy: 3
3 Basic Darkness Energy

Let me explain some of the changes I made:

Marly:
When you used 1 SSU and 1 Poketurn you can get of those cards back with Marly, so you can either place 1 dmg counter with corbat OR have a chance to pick you spiritomb up to spread for lots of dmg (because you can just put 1 counter on every of your opponents pokemon).

Sableye:
If you opponent has 3 or even more basics its almost impossible to kill them all in one turn so you just knock out the active pokemon with sableye (after putting 1 counter with crobat).

Spiritomb:
This card is way better than Zapdos because you dont have to flip. If you flip tails on Zapdos you just wasted 1 bench space that you will need later in your turn.

TS-TM 2:
Yeah, this card is need if you opponent was able to candy something so you can spread and devolve ftw.

The deck has a positive matchup against many decks, including Ttar and Duskgar. It, however has a bad matchup against kingdra or machamp because they are as fast as this deck and it's like the one who starts is the loser.

Theres a couple stage 1's I wanna try in this deck....I will see if they actually work before posting those cards.

Last guy's list is pretty solid. Play 4 Special Dark 1 Basic Dark though. Marley's is bad too.

Thanks ;)
I dunno about Marly. If you don't play Roseanne T1 you can just put one more damage OR draw more cards so that's cool. I would also play at least 2 basic darkness in case one is priced (because basic darkness is roseanneable). What would you suggest to play instead of the Marly?

u need at least 6 :psychic: energy to be on the safe side cause u dont want 2 run out of energy do u

_______________________________________________________________________________________
NEON GENISIS EVANGELION 1 of the BEST anime EVER
im also nown as jms.halo79 on other sites and i am the proud owner of http://pokeruto.synthasite.com/

I'd use Absol here rather than Sableye.

Why? Because with Absol, you don't have to necessarily start the game, give your opponent chance to Roseanne and get 3 basics out that you will never be able to get rid of. Or get Rare Candy donk'd yourself. You have 3-4 Switches to get 40 damage out, also.

Also, as this deck focuses on T1-T2 action, 2 Absols are usually enough to do the front damage. Or if not, SSU it later. With Absol, you also have a backup plan if you are not capable for T1 donking (Start discarding your opponent's hand, and hope you hit something).

If you could have 2 or 3 more bench spaces this deck would be the best. I just tested this and I beat blast catty 6 prizes to 2 with a T1 blastoise. I like the absol idea too. Gastly, dialga and other trainer blocking cards kill this deck so much that I wouldn't really risk playing it in high stakes torneys. This is a great league deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back