Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fun MD deck idea: Wailutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdraz07

I remember a while back when GE was about to come out someone (I think it was ryanvergel) mentioned that Wailord might be interesting to play with Eeveelutions, especially Leafeon Lv. X for energy acceleration. What I've found is that the two do make a good pair, but for a different reason than originally thought...Leafeon X's attack is great when there's a bunch of energy on the table, and Wailord tends to stick around on the table for a while due to astronomical HP, so it usually acts as an energy sponge.

This is the list I've been working with, I'm sure it could use some improvements.

4 Chatot MD
4 Eevee
2 Leafeon
2 Leafeon X
2 Umbreon
3 Wailmer
3 Wailord

4 Celio's Network
3 Dawn Stadium
2 NM
2 Premier Ball
4 POV
3 Roseanne's
2 Switch
4 Warp Point

3 DRE
4 Grass
2 Holon WP
7 Water

Strat: With Chatot start, you use Mimic which is a free Copycat. This helps you cycle through cards so you can get set up fairly quick. Your main goal is to get as many energy on multiple Wailords ASAP to add damage to Leafeon X's attack. If you sense a big hitter coming, you use one of your 6 switch cards or Umbreon's body to retreat Leafeon and just wall it up with Wailord.

I don't feel like copy-pasting spoilers right now, but important things of note:
-Chatot has 60 HP, Mimic is a free Copycat, it has free retreat and -20 Fighting resistance.
-Leafeon X's power lets you play an extra energy from your hand, including DRE and Holon WP.
-Dawn Stadium removes a damage counter from W or G Pokemon when you attach an 'energy' to one from your hand...meaning DRE should count twice.
-Umbreon gives your Eeveelutions free retreat and no weakness.
-Eevee can CFF for up to 3 Eevees, or it can do 20 on a heads flip for 1.

LMK what you think! Positive feedback or constructive criticism plz, no 'u suk kbai' posts :)

Umm...Chatot is amazing. It's a Copycat every turn for free which lets you cycle through your deck at a fairly fast pace. It also turns your Warp Points into an almost-GOW with free retreat, and Gallade with DRE needs to flip 2 prizes to KO it.

Any other thoughts?

i'd use strength its pretty needed for wailord, although i understand that leafeon is the big hitter, it just seems like wailord would reach it's potential more with some charms, you can take at least a warp point out, idk what else could go but i'd want at least 2 charms or pluspowers

other than that looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back