Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gah! It's... Agatha!!!

Rai

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
I have officially learned why you do not rush though the game >_<. It makes Agatha impossible! What should I do with my team now >_< (please not not say get to level 50 something or use Moltres)
My party

Gonabe (Snorlax, male) Quiet Nature, lv 33
Focus Punch
Substitue
Rest
Psychic

Gyrados (male) Gentle Nature (how would that work?O_O), Quick Claw, lv 38
Dragon Rage
Surf
Torment
Taunt

Pidgeot (female), Quirky nature, EXP. Share, lv 43
Whirlwind
Fly
Steel Wing
Attract

Zelos (Jolteon, male) Rash nature, Blackglasses, lv. 45
Bite
Thunder Wave (USEFULL)
Helping Hand
Shock Wave

Nathan (Blastoise, girl!!! O_O) Hasty Nature, lv. 46
Hydro Cannon
Bite
Return
Attract

Machoke (male) Docile Nature (O_O) lv. 45
Foresight
Doubleteam
Brick Break
Strength

What should I do? I need a psychic but I also can't find a pokemon to ditch. (Gonabe is a sub puncher, Qin torments like mad, Pidgeot is NEEDED for bruno, Zelos pwns Lorelei, Nathan is all around good, And Machoke helps Zelos out on Lorelei)...

psychic? eh? Use Machoke against her Poison types...as for ghost, dark and ground, or a ghost of your own. Recommendations:

1.PUT BLACKGLASSES ON BLASTOISE.
2.Eh...maybe go get a haunter or something, prolly not tho...
3.Teach something Earthquake

But yeah, your pokes are too weak. If Blastoise was the right level, it's Bite would tear through agatha like a knife through butter.

Earthquake won't work at all against Haunter and Gengar because they have the Levitate ability. It's also ineffective against Golbat since it's part Flying-type. The only thing it'll work against is Arbok.

Last edited:
Indeed my problem that Earthquake wouldn't work against her ghosts. I also need to figure out Lance >_<.
Now why would a Fighting type attack Poison types, who (as I learned the hard way) are resistant to fighting attacks X_X My Jolteon has higher Special attack then Blastoise for some odd reason. Thats why he's my main biter (and paralyser).
Should I go out and get rid of H.H on Zelos for Attract (which combined with Para is very helpful)

Go.. Level...Up... *sigh* Maybe I should just die and get a slowbro (ice attacks for lance, Psychic for Agatha and Bruno, Water for Bruno, and Water/Psychic/ Ice for Gary)

Or Lapras. What should I throw out of my team then? Gyrados?

Last edited:
ah, I forgot about that stupid levitate..it wasnt there back in the day.

Rai, stop being arrogant. There is NO WAY you are going to get through the elite 4 with Pokemon those low levels. YOU NEED TO TRAIN THEM.

Burninating_Torchic said:
ah, I forgot about that stupid levitate..it wasnt there back in the day.

Rai, stop being arrogant. There is NO WAY you are going to get through the elite 4 with Pokemon those low levels. YOU NEED TO TRAIN THEM.

Yay, Agatha finally fell and now I have to deal with Lance, and I lost agian ;_;

What you said about Blastoise being like a hot knife through butter against Agatha... Replace that with Jolteon, :)

Ok, fine. I'm leveling up. My Dragonair :p
T. Wave,
Twister/Ice Beam
Slam
Surf
A problem? Anyone? (Slam's there for somethin that Ice beam (hopefully instead of Twister) won't hurt)

Last edited:
ice beam definately better then twister. And you still need to level up...btw, Blastoise should be better then jolteon at the right level, mine ohko'd all her ghosts with bite.

Burninating_Torchic said:
ice beam definately better then twister. And you still need to level up...btw, Blastoise should be better then jolteon at the right level, mine ohko'd all her ghosts with bite.

Well Jolteon gets OHKOs and is faster then Blastoise so that's why I'm using him. The only reason I hesitated for a second on Twister is Flinch. But I'm going to need ice beam on Venusaur so... Yeah.

You should train your pokemon to level 55 on victory road or the patches of grass beside victory road that's what I did to beat the Elite 4.
P.S. try to get a abra on route 24 and evolve it to a Alakazam I beat Agatha with mine.

Back