Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Game Review- Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Dek

After playing and completing both Golden Sun games, I decided to review the sequel today cuz it was such a great game.

Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Nintendo/Camelot

Story:
After hunting down their enemies (Felix, Saturos, and Mendari), Issac, Ivan, Garet, and Mia finally defeated Saturos and Mendari in their final form, the Fusion Dragon. Moments after the Venus Lighthouse was lit, Jenna, Felix, Sheba, Kraden, and Alex were all separated in the lighting of the beam. Days later, they all joined back together. Now you play as Felix, Jenna, and Sheba and try to light the final two lighthouses.

Graphics:
The graphics in the Golden Sun series are some of the coolest that you'll ever find for the GBA. With all the special effects that are in the game, you might expect the fight to slow down just a tiny bit. But on teh good side, there are hundreds of techniques cinematics that will just blow you away. It's amazing just to look at one :lol: . I also want to mention that the graphics are so good, the character faces are anime quality.
Gameplay:
There are two modes of playing the game. Map mode (where you go to the different towns) and Battle Mode (obvious). Both modes have pretty easy controls, which is a good thing if you want for child to play the game. But enough about controls. There are so many things you can collect in this game, it's not even funny. You can collect Dijinn (like in the last game), weapons, armor, and NOW you can collect forgeable items. These items can be forged to make brand new armor and weapons. Another new feature is the ability to summon dijinn. This new process is called "mutil-elemental" summom.
Sound:
The sound in the game is just as good as the gameplay (which is very good). Great music, great sound effects. What more can I say?

Highs - Great Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, Battle engine, and character models :biggrin:
Lows - game might slow down during Battle Mode.
Final Verdict - Nintendo's new "Best RPG?" only one way to find out.

Final Score: 98% (2% off due to the choppiness)

As for catching every important item and all of the Djinn, you really need a player's guide, recommend NP for also including extensive information about Character data and all Psynergies and items.

Also DO NOT PLAY GSII until you completly clear with all Djinn GSI. Because you can transfer the game data for GSI into GSII, then and only then can you learn all of the Summons and Collect all possible Djinn.

Personally, I found GoldenSun to be a bit disappointing.
Sure, the game was great, the puzzles were fun (especially with the Djinni), but it was at the very end - I had done 2 of the 4 lighthouses, and reasoned that I was about half-way through the game as surely they wouldn't only do half a game, but found to my horror that it was exactly like that.
Since then, I've not played the game very much at all, and haven't even _considered_ buying the second, because I want to avoid wasting another $80(Australian) or so and end up so bitterly disappointed like I was with the first.

Nice review, though... :)

GuardianTIM said:
Personally, I found GoldenSun to be a bit disappointing.
Sure, the game was great, the puzzles were fun (especially with the Djinni), but it was at the very end - I had done 2 of the 4 lighthouses, and reasoned that I was about half-way through the game as surely they wouldn't only do half a game, but found to my horror that it was exactly like that.
Since then, I've not played the game very much at all, and haven't even _considered_ buying the second, because I want to avoid wasting another $80(Australian) or so and end up so bitterly disappointed like I was with the first.

Nice review, though... :)

ur kidding, right? $80 for a GBA game. Geez, and I thought I was getting ripped off ($35 for Pokemon Ruby/Saphire here). Well anyways, I understand how you feel. I bought a few games that I was just disapointed with in the end (ex: Megaman Zero). But on the other hand, Golden Sun 2 was a real fun game. Comparing the sequel with the prequel, I would have to say that GS2 is about 2 or 3 times bigger than the original (i might have said that already).

I was talking Australian, not American dollars, so it's probably about $40 in your money.

Maybe I will consider getting GS2 after all...

Golden Sun and Golden Sun two work the best together not seperate. Either game feels incomplete without playing the other. Also they will work in conjunction when (if ever) Golden Sun 3 comes out in the future...

Back