Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Game Ruling Question

Rob-GAJP

Hi there,

Game ruling question ... throughout a game when a player announces his attack, my understanding is that is his / her responsibility to figure out weakness , resistance and any attack effects to then calculate final damage. If that holds true , then if he fails to do that and ends up calculating less damage that it should be because of, say, weakness of defending pokemon to attacking pokemon , what responsibility does the defending player has ? does he have to mention anything or not ? .. if he did not mention anything, would this be considered an infraction and if so what kind of penalties would it require ? ( caution, warning, etc. ) ... this situation happened in Junior division on a Battle Roads game .. I downloaded and read through the 2008-2009 penalty guidelines from the Go-Pokemon site and it does not specify anything of the sort. I would appreciate your help to clarify this.

Thanks as always.

It is both player's responsibility to make sure that all mandatory game actions are done and done correctly.
You don't get to take advantage of someone's forgetting to flip for Asleep, for example.
Same for this.

Back