Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GameStop Promotion - Shiny Zigzagoon, Leichi Berry, and "one-year-bug" fix

GameStop is currently playing a Custom Robo and Sonic demo disc on GameCube, but that disc apparently has a hidden Pokémon bonus on it. The bonus is mainly the one-year-bug fix, which many of us probably already have from our Colosseum bonus discs (well... those that have GameCube). There is another hidden bonus for Ruby/Sapphire, however: an infinite number of shiny Zigzagoons holding a Leichi Berry! Here's how to do it (NOTE: you will need a free space in your party if you want the shiny Zigzagoon):

If someone has been playing the Custom Robo or Sonic demo, you will need to wait momentarily for the disc to reset. Once it has, select the Pokémon Special Gift option. There will be a GBA-GC link cable hanging from the GC... connect your turned-off GBA to the cable and push A on the GC controller. When told, turn on the GBA and wait. You will soon get a message that says one of the following: 1) your berry program has been updated 2) your berry program does not need to be updated. You can now unhook the GBA. When you load your Ruby/Sapphire game, you will have a shiny Zigzagoon in your party (if you had a free space) and it will be holding the Leichi Berry. You can do this as many times as you want... there is no "one per file" limit for this bonus.

I haven't gotten a chance myself to check it out, but it seems like a cool promotion for those of us not lucky enough to catch shinings and reach Mirage Island to get the Leichi Berries.

Thanks to Thom Burr of Azure Heights and Don't Run With Scizors of PokéMasters for this info.

Wow, a Shiney Zigzagoon and a Lechie berry.... dont care about the 1 year fix, since I have the bonus disc and Japanese Fire Red... I will have to go check this out....

The GameStop around here don't have that demo... I've ben calling around... bah... And I may need the fix in case.. Plus shineys!! w00t!

Well.. no... I dun care much for shineys unless they're on rare pokés... Plus just a good idea to get the berry thing fixed... *shrug* already got it anyways... Found a Nintendo retailer and fixed it right up.. now growing my Leichi berry and just using the shiney zigzagoon for it's pickup ability...

Well, now that it's my spring break, I called around and looked around for this and was not able to find any store that had a GBA-GC cable connected to the GC or one that would let me connect my cable to their GC. I was also not able to find the demo disc at either of the 2 GameStops near my house, but I was able to find it at my local Toys R' Us and EB Games. Unfortunately, the disc means nothing to me if I have no way to connect my GBA to it to get a Shiny Zigzagoon and Leichi Berry...

Shinji Ikari, what store were you able to find in Japan that had in-store GBA-GC connectivity? Has anyone in America found a store that has that capabilty? Thanks.

With some more calling around, I was able to find a GameStop near my house that is currently running that demo disc and has GBA-GC connectivity! I called there before, but I think the person who I spoke to the first time might not quite have understood what I was talking about.

Last edited:
...Well, I just went out to GameStop to get my shiny Zigzagoons and Leichi Berries (I was going to get several). When I got there, they did have a GBA-GC cable coming out of the case thingy that the GC was in, but I saw that the disc playing in the GC was the Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc. A sign said "see the store representative for help updating your berry program" or something like that, and all he knew about was getting it with Jirachi. I saw the Custom Robo and Sonic demo disc inside the GameCube case, told the two people operating the store about this bonus, and asked them if I could possibly use the disc. They told me that they "didn't think they could do that", so I left empty-handed...

Explain to them that it is a promotion advertised by Gamestop and was included in the corporate email and in the Nintendo information binder (theres like 10 pages on the berry program in there). They had a sign displayed offering the patch, and you would like to use it. They should not have told you they cannot switch the game, for we are able to do this when neccessary (this does not mean we will put in any game for you though, it means that telling you they cannot switch it is not a valid response) and in fact they would have had to switch out the Custom Robo disk to put in the Coloseum since we get the demo disks from the Nintendo reps. If they refuse a second time, politely ask for the customer service number and their names.

Joshman said:
Explain to them that it is a promotion advertised by Gamestop and was included in the corporate email and in the Nintendo information binder (theres like 10 pages on the berry program in there). They had a sign displayed offering the patch, and you would like to use it. They should not have told you they cannot switch the game, for we are able to do this when neccessary (this does not mean we will put in any game for you though, it means that telling you they cannot switch it is not a valid response) and in fact they would have had to switch out the Custom Robo disk to put in the Coloseum since we get the demo disks from the Nintendo reps. If they refuse a second time, politely ask for the customer service number and their names.
Thanks for the advice, but I've already fixed my berry glitch from my own Jirachi Bonus Disc. I just wanted the Shiny Zigzagoons holding the Leichi Berry. They were advertising the berry glitch, and their store was offering it on the Jirachi Disc.

Misdreavus said:
GameStop is currently playing a Custom Robo and Sonic demo disc on GameCube, but that disc apparently has a hidden Pokémon bonus on it. The bonus is mainly the one-year-bug fix, which many of us probably already have from our Colosseum bonus discs (well... those that have GameCube). There is another hidden bonus for Ruby/Sapphire, however: an infinite number of shiny Zigzagoons holding a Leichi Berry! Here's how to do it (NOTE: you will need a free space in your party if you want the shiny Zigzagoon)

I dont belive you. Its too cool. *choke* "ahh.. help me..... I hate cool... it hurts... cut it out....."
*slap* Ow! etc...

Spectreon said:
Pokepop added it.. check random topics forum, then look up Arvitar contest.... it is mentioned there...

Its avatar not arvitar *snicker*

Last edited:
OMG!!!! won loosey speeling erorr nd i gt flameded four it... shessh

sea fi i evre anser anoter qestion four u agin....

Last edited:
Back