TV Reporter x3
Switch x 3
Rare Candy x4
PELM x 2
Scott x2
Celio x3
Team Galactic's Wager x2

--

The whole point of this deck is spamming out Ursaring, back rowing Gardering to put energy and damage on Teddiursa, for the 100 point attack version.

Usually within three turns I have a fully powered Ursaring out - the Quick Balls allow me to get something useful. I run 4 candies so I can swoop out a Gardy quickly and efficiently, same with the Ursaring if I have need to pull it out the same turn I drop a teddy [ which probably won't happen, but hey, 4 candies increases the chances of falling on one, and I can fodder the others for TV reporter / mentor, etc. ]

So far I usually win - I only lose when I can't get out another basic pokemon, as is kind of obvious since I'm only running six. xD

So, advice?

Also note, this is HP-On

This should do well vs. most of the Metagame. Gardy is your counter for Mario, and Ursaring can take care of most of the other decks.

Sorry, I don't see it. Even if you have 3 energy on Gardevoir PK and Lucario has 2 energy attached, you can only hit for 70 damage. And if you're using Psy Shadow for Gardevoir, you're making it worse.

boost for guardevoir too, let's say you can get 2 energy on guardy, then you psyshadow, then you place a boost, assuming lucario has 2 energy, or if it's lvl x it has 3 energy and x 2 weakness, a considerable amount of damage can be done, machamp will probably hit plus power and revenge, but buffer peice works for that or that unkonw, unless mario runs windstorm now? don't tech unless marios a bad machup for you

if people have made magnetons attack a threat in the new format, this stands a chance, i know that it's more limiting for a lot of reasons but i think it has a chance

i suggest more draw, also, if your'e using that petm to have extra search, you might find bebe's to be better because it get's basics

Hmmm, interesting idea for a deck. I've got one going with Gardy as well, but nowhere near as fast, or as much consistant damage. I'd drop the TGW's, mentors and 2 psy energy, max out on quick ball, and celio and add 3 boost. Then I'd change the Steven's Advice for Copycat. Give that a go and see if it's a bit better for you. I may try this out as well.

I fail to see how not having a good matchup vs (insert deck name here, in this case, Mario), invalidates a deck. This is a fine idea, one which I'd like to see the community as a whole help the poster improve on its own merits. That's a fancy way of saying "Remember that 'This deck loses to X'" posts in this forum are against forum rules, and are counterproductive as a whole. Think the deck is weak to mario? Suggest a way that it can mitigate that weakness. Otherwise, y'all are spammin' up my forum.

You want Tediursas on the bench, without needing to hit the hand, right?

Since Tediursa is a basic, what's wrong with Great Ball? It guarantees a Teddy without using the Supporter of the Turn... :/

Sorry Jake, but I don't think that asking for a matchup analysis is so bad. I actually think this deck *idea* is nifty, but I don't think the follow-through will be as great as supposed.

Wondering what exactly is making Mario a bad matchup for this deck... Let's see here.

Do either Lucario or Machamp OHKO Ursaring? No. ...Oh.
Does Ursaring OHKO Lucario? With just a Plus Power on him, he can OHKO Lucario (no need for powers). Huh.

So Cessation Crystal is being played. Can you play Cyclone Energy to force a switch and remove it temporarilly? Yes... Can you Windstorm it away? Yes...

If you were using Bad Temper to deal damage, yes. I would see Mario as a bad matchup (...I'd see EVERYTHING as a bad matchup, actually. Except for maybe a Crobat deck... :/) But since you're able to survive blows from Lucario, you make them pay for spreading damage, and you one shot Lucario, that's a big chunk of the deck right there being nailed.

Machamp can't one shot you either. So... I fail to see how it's much more worse then any other deck.

Energies17
3 Boost Energies
14 Psychic Energy

Pokemon -12

2 - 1 - 2 Gardevoir [ psy shadow ]
4 - 3 Ursaring [ MT ]

Trainers -29
Mentor x2
Night Maintenance x2
Battle Frontier x4
Steven's advice x2
Quick Ball x2
Windstorm x2
Warp Point x1
TV Reporter x3
Switch x 1
Rare Candy x3
Scott x1
Celio x3
Team Galactic's Wager x2

--

The whole point of this deck is spamming out Ursaring, back rowing Gardering to put energy and damage on Teddiursa, for the 100 point attack version.

Usually within three turns I have a fully powered Ursaring out - the Quick Balls allow me to get something useful. I run 4 candies so I can swoop out a Gardy quickly and efficiently, same with the Ursaring if I have need to pull it out the same turn I drop a teddy [ which probably won't happen, but hey, 4 candies increases the chances of falling on one, and I can fodder the others for TV reporter / mentor, etc. ]

So far I usually win - I only lose when I can't get out another basic pokemon, as is kind of obvious since I'm only running six. xD

So, advice?

Also note, this is HP-On

Made a few changes. Hope it helps.

Rai, BTW, nobody said Mario was any worse than any other matchup. My interest was on that specifically, that's all.

About your scenarios, you say Ursaring + Plus Power 1HKO's Lucario, yet you fail to give Revenge+ Plus Power that same consideration. Especially since the list here doesn't include *any* Plus Power yet Mario is normally 4 Plus Power. Just a few things to ponder.

I think Gardevoir *could* give Mario some problems, but no more than any other Psychic Pokemon

hey hey hey... i said machamp WILL hit pluspower and revenge lol, if you can fit a couple castaway i think buffer and any other tech tools could help

yes drake's is an option but the difficulty with bufferpeice is that it has to be in play during your opponent's turn to do anything, luckily mario as far as i know has no windstorms but other decks do, one thing mario DOES have is stadiums to get rid of drakes and do full damage, most decks now run stadiums to either disrupt or protect from distruption, even decks that don't have windstorm...

i don't see that getting any play

If you were using Bad Temper to deal damage, yes. I would see Mario as a bad matchup (...I'd see EVERYTHING as a bad matchup, actually. Except for maybe a Crobat deck... :/) But since you're able to survive blows from Lucario, you make them pay for spreading damage, and you one shot Lucario, that's a big chunk of the deck right there being nailed.
-
So if you use bad temper and your opponent decides to attack and flips tails they will take 90 damage?

So if you use bad temper and your opponent decides to attack and flips tails they will take 90 damage?

No, for a variety of reasons, one of which is that confusion places damage counters, rather than doing damage.

RE: The form with which KingGengar brought up Mario

We all appreciate your wholehearted support of your deck, but we've also received a number of complaints about how quickly posts of that nature tend to hijack threads. To wit: this thread, about an Ursaring/Gardevoir deck, now contains to this point (post #20) 12 posts that deal with Mario. If you ask for a matchup discussion, I'd advise you to wait more than 15 minutes before chiming in with the outright negative - the followup post that made it a "this deck loses to Mario" hijacking - and I would certainly give it enough time to allow the thread's author to reply before suggesting that you "don't see it."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back