Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gardevoir--always a powerhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stegy

It sures feels good being back. I miss the old tournament scene, and I plan to jump back in with my Gardevoir deck for Ohio's Gym Challenge.

To save the long stuff, here's the deck:

Pokemon-20
4 Ralts (SS)
4 Wynaut
3 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir EX
2 Ditto (SK)
2 Kirlia (Life Drain)
2 Wobbuffet (SS)
1 Mewtwo EX

Trainers-26
4 Prof. Oak's Research
4 Potion
3 Bill's Maintenance
3 Oracle
3 Oran Berry
3 Rare Candy
2 Prof. Birch
2 Warp Point
1 Town Volunteers
1 Masterball

Energy-14
14 Psychic

Strategy: Get Gardevoir out ASAP and Psyshadow psychic energies onto ..stuff. DUH! :p

Suggestions? Comments?

Get rid of potions and oran berries. Everything is OHKO these days. TV reporter over maintence. Add boost energy. +1 rare candy. Kill the mewtwo and masterball for another wobb and whatever. After all that.. look through the forums for the countless # of gard decks to see what additional fixes. Crystal shards come in handy btw. Same goes for pokemon fan club - expecially if your running on no dunsparce.

Last edited:
Whoa!

Dude! No way.....nice to see you back here. anyways, definitely replace maitenence with TV reporter, just a better card actually. Also, you have too few energy, I'm sure we were used to low energy back in the day but more energy is better now....back to the 17-20 energy days now. Boost energy is real good for those surprise hits, and don't forget about pokemon reversals, they really help even if it is requiring a flip. You won't need the potions or the oran berries so that should free up a lot of room, but maybe 1-2 surprise healing cards might work out so figure out the card amts. to the way you like it.

Take care and good luck dude!

Stegy said:
Pokemon-20
4 Ralts (SS)
4 Wynaut
3 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir EX
2 Ditto (SK)
2 Kirlia (Life Drain)
2 Wobbuffet (SS)
1 Mewtwo EX

Trainers-26
4 Prof. Oak's Research
4 Potion
3 Bill's Maintenance
3 Oracle
3 Oran Berry
3 Rare Candy
2 Prof. Birch
2 Warp Point
1 Town Volunteers
1 Masterball

Energy-14
14 Psychic

You've got the general idea, but the list could be ship shaped up a bit:

Pokemon: Use whichever Kirlia floats your boat. Most people prefer Super Psy, as do I, but Life Drain is okay, ESPECIALLY if not much Blaziken is played in your area. Drop the Mewtwo ex, Wobbuffet serves it's purpose basically, so add a Wobbuffet, making 3 (they're important attackers against any deck, because they're all EX related). Also drop a Ditto, Wobbuffet should be the focused backup attacker, but Ditto still helps in setting up (it can copy alluring smile and strike and run) and KOs Rayquaza easy w/ Psy Shadow-age onto it.

Energy: Drop a psychic, and add 4 boost. They power up Wobbuffet if it's evolved from Wynaut, Gardy, and Gardy ex.

Trainers: Add PETM to find Gardy ex second turn if needed, drop the Masterball and a Birch for it. Then drop the other Birch and 3 Bill's Maintenence for 4 TV Reporter. Go 4 POR, like you have, and drop a potion for another Warp Point. Hm...what else...drop an Oran Berry for a 14th psychic energy...I think you'll most likely need 14. So yeah. Oh! And a Crystal shard for Latias's resistance, and of course, taking down Rayquaza ex (and Flygon and Sally).

New list:

Pokemon: 19
4 Wynaut
3 Wobbuffet
4 Ralts
2 Kirlia
3 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir ex
1 Ditto

Energy: 18
14 Psychic
4 Boost

Trainers: 23
4 POR
4 Reporter
3 Oracle
2 PETM
3 Warp Point
3 Potion
2 Oran Berry
1 Volunteers
1 Crystal Shard

There you have it! The non delcatty version of this deck! Or something close to it...cut me a break...I haven't had any sleep in like...a long time... :rolleyes:

***per

Pokemon: 18
2 Gardevoir
3 Gardevoir ex
2 Kirlia (super psy)
4 Ralts (2 hypnoblast, 1 phychic boom, 1 confuse ray)
3 wobbuffet
4 Wynaut

Trainers: 24
4 TV Reporter
2 Warp Point
1 Town Volunteers
1 Fisherman
1 Oracle
2 Crystal Shards
4 Rare Candy
3 Copycat (good vs delcatty)
4 Professor Oak's Research
2 Pokemon Fan Club

Energy: 18
13 Psychic Energy
4 Boost Energy
1 Warp Energy

This is the deck that i use and it won kentucky state championships

Okay, with all the helpful suggestions I've updated the deck to look like this:

Pokemon-19
4 Ralts (SS)
4 Wynaut
3 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir EX
2 Ditto (SK)
2 Kirlia (Life Drain)
2 Wobbuffet (SS)

Trainers-23
4 Prof. Oak's Research
2 Prof.'s Elm Training Method
3 TV Reporter
3 Oracle
2 Oran Berry
3 Rare Candy
2 Prof. Birch
3 Warp Point
1 Town Volunteers

Energy-18
14 Psychic
4 Boost

Suggestions on this decklist??

I'd drop the oran berries and Professor Birches and the warp points.

This deck needs 4x Pokemon Reversal, IMO. You need to be able to OHKO rayquaza ex. This ALSO means you need to iclude 2x Crystal Shards.

4x Raltz
2x Kirlia (SUPER PSY!)
3x Gardevoir
2x Gardevoir ex
3x Wobb
4x Wynaut

4x CopyCat
4x Pokemon Reversal
4x TV Reporter
3x Professor Oak's Research
3x Rare Candy
2x Switch
2x Oracle
2x Crystal Shard
1x Town Volunteers

13x Psychic Energy
4x Boost Energy

Thats Rough, But it's a start...

Okay, after a lot of thinking (since my mIRC can't work.. anyone wanna help? I'll give details later) I've made this decklist:

Pokemon-18
4 Ralts (SS)
4 Wynaut
3 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir EX
1 Ditto (SK)
2 Kirlia (Super Psy)
2 Wobbuffet (SS)

Trainers-24
4 Prof. Oak's Research
3 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
2 Oran Berry
3 Rare Candy
2 Prof. Birch
2 Crystal Shard
3 Pokemon Reversal
1 Town Volunteers

Energy-18
14 Psychic
4 Boost

It's pretty straightforward. So does Pokemon Reversal read like the Expedition one now? I have 2 R/S Reversals and only one Expedition one.

For mIRC, every time I try to connect it says, "Unable to resolve server." What should I do? I'd like to get some games in before Saturday.

Stegy said:
Pokemon-18
4 Ralts (SS)
4 Wynaut
3 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir EX
1 Ditto (SK)
2 Kirlia (Super Psy)
2 Wobbuffet (SS)

Trainers-24
4 Prof. Oak's Research
3 TV Reporter
2 Oracle
2 Oran Berry
3 Rare Candy
2 Prof. Birch
2 Crystal Shard
3 Pokemon Reversal
1 Town Volunteers

Energy-18
14 Psychic
4 Boost

Well there are a few things wrong with the deck-age. First of all, you either play 4 Reversal, or you play none. In Gardy, you don't need any at all. Speed w/ Wobbuffet should come to mind here, you know where I'm going. All the hype over Pokemon Reversal makes me SICK, it's a flip card, and if you can't handle Rayquaza ex w/ Wobbuffet that's a teensy bit SAD. If they warp point, you send out your OTHER WOBBUFFET. :eek: :eek: Has this not occured to you reversal-obsessed people?

No Birch, it isn't needed in Gardy. Healing is okay in short supply, but most people drop it for reversals: I drop it for Fan Clubs: Get out a Wobbuffet and a Ralts w/ Fan Club, alluring smile for Wobbuffet, evolve, and you have two, and protection against Rayquaza (unless the Blaziken player plays reversal :p ).

More rare candy, getting up Gardevoir/ex ASAP ES MUY IMPORTANTE. 4 Wobbuffet, not two, this deck really relies on them, and the Ditto can stay. Forest Guardian is a neat idea...XP. Not many people like the card, however I find it EXTREMELY good for finding rare candy when I could really use it. However, playing an extra Oracle should probably cover this, so that's what I'll do.

Pokemon: 20
4 Ralts
2 Kirlia
3 Gardevoir
2 Gardevoir ex
4 Wynaut
4 Wobbuffet
1 Ditto

Energies: 18
14 Psychic
4 Boost

Trainers: 22