Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gardevoir ex delta discussion

nch76

Ok ive seen ttar ex d discussions due to its 2HKO combo. How about gardie ex d? What do you think goes well with it?

I think gardie ex d can be a potential disruption deck. Its pokepower can disable pokepowers and pokebodies and the only way to remove it is to evolve. In disruption decks, most people play cessation crystal and cursed stone/holon legacy. However with windstorm, the disruption depends on who has more windstorms/stadiums/cessation cyrstals. Gardevoir ex d,however, can disrupt and chances are, you opponent cannot remove it. Usually when you opponent uses a pokepower/body,it belongs to a pokemon of its maximum stage,which means it couldnt evolve to remove the counter. Now their only hope is tropius. Since its pokepower is liable to be shut down, I think playing windstorms in a gardie ex d deck might be useful
Its attack isnt that bad either.80 for 3 energy is quite often seen in stage 2 pokemon exs. Since it allows you to move a fire energy to another pokemon, why not use this combo: Use 1 holon's castform and 1 fire/d rainbow energy for its attack.When it is about to be KO'd, move the holon's castform to another gardie ex d. Then, on your turn u just attach 1 energy and continue attacking!
However it has a terrible weakness,psychic. Decks like flygon ex d can just OHKO it >.<

SO how do you think about gardie ex d?Potential disruption deck?

Gardevoir EX d to me is like a tech you can combine with Gardevoir d. Too bad, the weakness is terrible, as you wrote.

I have played this in the past. It's attack works very well with the other gardevoir d, but the weakness is killer. ESPECIALLY with Banette so popular.

Emperor said:
Gardevoir EX d to me is like a tech you can combine with Gardevoir d. Too bad, the weakness is terrible.
I would have to agree with both. I bet you will agree with this deck. This is the only why to get Gardevoir d Ex full Power

27 Pokemon
4 Ralts d
3 Kirlia d
2 Gardevoir d
2 Gardevoir ex d
2 Swablu d
2 Altaria ex d
2 Spearow
2 Fearow d
2 Natu
2 Xatu
4 Holon's Castform

Trainers (21)
3 Holon Mentor
3 Holon Adventurer
2 Holon Researcher
3 Rare Candy
3 Professor Oak's Research
2 Windstorm
2 Crystal Shard
2 Holon Legacy

Energy (12)
9 Fire Energy
4 Delta Rainbow Energy

Last edited:
It's a good deck if you're using Gardevoir EX d as a main attacker. I'd like to cut a Crystal Shard for another Windstorm, though. And where's Holon Transceiver?

DreamChaser AJ said:
I have played this in the past. It's attack works very well with the other gardevoir d, but the weakness is killer. ESPECIALLY with Banette so popular.

It MAY have a chance against Banette EX. I've tested it against Banette EX/Houndoom (BOOM) often. You'll just have to keep your bench small, and kind of sacrifice a Gardevoir d for an adventage. It's kind of hopeless sometimes, though. However, it is possible winning against Banette EX. But against Flygon EX d, there's no chance.

Last edited:
Emperor said:
But against Flygon EX d, there's no chance.
Nah, there's always a chance to win.. :p
I like to tech in 2x Xatu d', to counter Banette/Mew ex. (And other 90-100HP pkmn as well)

Ardoptres said:
Nah, there's always a chance to win.. :p
I like to tech in 2x Xatu d', to counter Banette/Mew ex. (And other 90-100HP pkmn as well)
I prefer Strength Charm countering Banette EX, but Xatu d's also a great choice. It's just a little bit troublesome putting in a new tech, concidering other lines (as Milotic d, Fearow d, Blastoise d and so on).

Yup,after set up you do not need powers.
Btw gardie ex d can always shut down houndoom in bandoom and flygon d in flygon ex d decks.

Epyon0015 said:
I would have to agree with both. I bet you will agree with this deck. This is the only why to get Gardevoir d Ex full Power

27 Pokemon
4 Ralts d
3 Kirlia d
2 Gardevoir d
2 Gardevoir ex d
2 Swablu d
2 Altaria ex d
2 Spearow
2 Fearow d
2 Natu
2 Xatu
4 Holon's Castform

Trainers (21)
3 Holon Mentor
3 Holon Adventurer
2 Holon Researcher
3 Rare Candy
3 Professor Oak's Research
2 Windstorm
2 Crystal Shard
2 Holon Legacy

Energy (12)
9 Fire Energy
4 Delta Rainbow Energy
you are running WAY too many support pokemon there (altaria ex, fearow d, xatu d). that seems would take too long to set up.

garsh0p said:
you are running WAY too many support pokemon there (altaria ex, fearow d, xatu d). that seems would take too long to set up.
Altaria ex is consider a half supporter. Its attack is good. Fearow d won me my 3rd place in City

flygon has an upperhand against garde simply because of the fact that garde is weak to psychic. weakness will always play a major role in determining the outcome of any game. but as noted above there is always a chance although it might be quite slim

playing holon legacy is a very bad idea IMO simply because it shutsdown ur own pokemon. id rather run blastoise d.

i'm playing a holon legacy and 2 stumps in my mercury list right now. towards mid-late game when i'm done using starmie/gardy d to set up, i get rid of my weakness. i also play a few strength charms and castaways, and i'm not using gardy ex d as my main attacker, so maybe what i'm saying makes no difference....

Back