Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gardillade Ultima Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaming Monkey

Wondering if you could comment on my deck. Might need some work, but this looks pretty good for right now

Pokemon: 25
2-2 Cresselia
4 Ralts SW
3 Kirlia SW
2 Gardivoir
2 Gardivoir lv. X
3 Gallade
3 Sentret
3 Furret
1 Stantler

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 19
1 Warp Point
4 Celio's Network
4 Felicity's Drawing
1 Time-Space Distortion
1 Phoebe's Stadium
2 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
1 Premier Ball
1 Copycat

Energies: 16
9 :psychic:
2 :fighting:
3 Double Rainbow
2 Scramble

Furret uses keen eye to get rare candy and Gallade and you search for a Ralts with the supporters. Then attach a Double Rainbow and a :psychic: to Gallade. Then you Psychic Cut again and again and again and again...

Tell me if this is a good deck for Nationals and if not, tell me what to fix.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Oh Yeah, Cresselia moves damage on yours to the opponent's.:unknown-p:unknown-o:unknown-k:unknown-e:unknown-m:unknown-o:unknown-n

Last edited:
Nice deck! never thought of that combo! ;) try taking out a Stantler for an absol though, will help your deck out tremendously! With Absol, you will be able to baleful wind, and kill your opponents hand right off the bat! while, in the back, you keen eye, rare candy gallade, double rainbow pyschic onto furret / gallade, and baton pass or retreat!

Hope that helps! and good luck in nationals!

Overall it's a pretty solid list, but it can definitely be improved. For the pokemon lines, 2 Gardevoir Lvl X are not needed in this replace that with a Night Maintenance, which you will find more useful. Furrett is usually a 4-2 line to help ensure you start with Sentret. I feel the Stantler is unnecessary, but that's personal preference. I'll skip the trainers for now and move to your energy which will be a bit quicker. You want 4 DRE in this, drop a Psychic for it. I would also drop 2 more Psychic for either Warp Energy or Holon WP to help with leveling up your Cresselia Lvl X and getting them back on the bench without discarding energy. I prefer Holon WP, since it can also give Gallade free retreat as well. Your trainers need some adjusting though. 4 Rare Candy and 4 Celio are standard. Warp Point is also a common useful card, I would add in at least one more based on how your deck is built. Roseanne's Research is in the same boat as Warp Point and at least one more should be played. Felicity's Drawing just doesn't fit in with this deck, there really isn't much you want to discard and you will find that your deck can become rather small quickly because of Telepass. Prof. Oak's Visit is a better choice to rid your hand of unneeded cards and you can cycle through your deck just as well without sacrificing anything. Copycat should be dropped in place of Team Galactic's Wager so you have a least a little shot at disrupting your opponent. The Premier Ball should be replaced by another Night Maintenance, as NM is more useful. You can probably skimp here and there to add the cards I suggested (- Stantler + Roseanne's. - POV + Warp Point). You are also seeming to ignore a few very popular tech lines to help surprise your opponent or sway difficult match ups your way. Dusknoir wins games in this. Period. Other popular or effective tech lines are Swampert, Alalkazam, Feraligatr, Blastoise d, Claydol, or a combination of Tauros, Unown G, and occasionally Holon Castform to help with energy issues with a tech line.

As for if this will be viable for Nationals (I'm assuming you are talking about US Nats), there is no way of knowing until we have a look at what Mysterious Dawn is going to do for the metagame. It's very possible that G&G will become outdated and as over matched as Blissey became when Magmortar and G&G came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back