Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GardyEX+ TA lanturn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof Clay

I have been working on improving my GEX deck. Its pretty much the standard deck with 2 normal gard and 2 GardyEX as well as Delkatty . Does the addition of TA Lanturn offer any more speed and punch to the deck? I would list the deck but its probably not necessary for the responses I am looking for.

just lemme know if anyone thinks this would be a good addition.
:psychic: :psychic: :psychic:

As i remember it:

2 gardevoir
2 gard EX
2 Kirlia
4 ralts
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Wobby
3 Wynaut
2 TA Lanturn
2 TA chinchou

23 pokemon

3 oracle
4 prof oaks research
2 switch
4 bills maintenance
3 PETM
3 rare candy

20 trainer

13 psychic
4 Multi enegry

17 energy

So, the idea is to let the TA lanturn be an energy amplifier and later attack Water with the multi? W/ two damage per, that gets you 3 extra quickly (leaving TAL with 60/80 damage and maybe sitting there with 6 NRG late game).

How does that fare in Mirror Match?
How does that change the BEX player's strategy against you?

Guess I don't have what you're looking for (answer) but it is interesting to try to learn from your deck. Tnx.

First of it is a GReat Idea because ut us ORIGINAL!! Jeez! Blaziken up the Cradily!!

Lanturn would be a Good addition in the help of getting nrg out... problem is the self damaging with no healing at all!! Pokemon Park!! or something to remove the damage... godd luck with you ORIGINAL, NON-Blaziken idea!!

Ok .....we all know that BEX is great..yeeehaaa. Tell me 1 deck that isnt gonna get beat by BEX at some time or another. Thank you to those who are responding for my deck fixes. The general idea is to use Lanturn and regular Gardy to pile on energies on the bench so that Gardy EX can do more damage quickly. I know its not the BEST or OPTIMUM idea. Its just something I would like to try out. I am looking for "helpful" commentary. Have already switched out the Wynauts for Dunsparce and I find that things run alot better with 3 e- lines.

I applaud everyone out there who are continually trying new things. I want a competitive deck, BUT I also love playing new, maybe unorthodox decks.

Sorry Dad!!

WHere is Archie??Archie + Lanturn = More Nrg Fast!! Can Get Lanturn out turn 1 if needed and start building nrg on the bench if in hand... btw, good idea on the Sparce!!

I thought about Archie, but he is so 1 dimensional with only working with TA cards. I am just as likely to get a chinchou in my hand and evolve the next turn. I have played it some and geting the 2nd turn 50 point attack is really nice. I also replaced the Multi energies for lightning because its annoying to have them in your hand when you need to Psi Shadow or drop on Lanturn

I may look into adding healing, but If this deck doesnt hit hard and fast, its done...and potions might slow things down.

Thanks for the Replies MrMeches.

MrMeches said:
Sorry Dad!!

WHere is Archie??Archie + Lanturn = More Nrg Fast!! Can Get Lanturn out turn 1 if needed and start building nrg on the bench if in hand... btw, good idea on the Sparce!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back