Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gargoyles

Orange Soda

I like to get a nostalgia kick by watching Toon Disney channel. It's got the shows that I really liked when I was a kid: Darkwing Duck, Aladdin, Rescue Rangers, Ducktales... and also Gargoyles. Watching that show, I'm surprised to see that despite having grown up about 8 years, the show still suits my taste. Interesting action, amazing characters, great interwoven story arcs, elements from history, mythology, and Shakespeare, and while mostly a serious series, it does have a good sense of humor.

At Toon Zone, there's this:

Greg Weisman, supervising producer on Gargoyles, is asking fans to write in listing the top five reasons they were drawn to the show.

Hey everybody,

I really need some help. Without going into details about the why, I'd love to get the answer to the following question:

"WHAT ARE THE TOP FIVE REASONS THAT YOU ARE DRAWN TO THE GARGOYLES
SERIES?"

We don't need fancy answers -- and of course there's no right or wrong answers -- so don't feel like you need to compose elegant responses.

Just RESPOND, please.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Weisman"

To add your reasons, go to the Station 8 Comment Room.

I'm currently reading all those replies, and I sorta find them interesting.

Anyone else here remember the show? It's only from the mid-nineties, so there should be some people.

God I still remember when Gargoyles came out. I couldnt believe it was Disney. A dark, brooding cartoon series from Disney??? OMG. And it was actually good, better than everything else on the Disney afternoon. I couldnt wait til Friday just to watch a new episode. I still catch episodes whenever I can on Toon Disney....

Gargoyles was easily one of the best American-made cartoons of all time. It's definitely animé quality. I liked the whole plot arc with Xanatos' kid and Oberon going after him and stuff. Also, Puck was just danged cool.

Gargoyles was an excellent cartoon. Very dark & serious, but with a warm feel that helped keep its family appeal. I loved it, my wife loved it, and my kids loved it too (heh, sounds like my Pokemon experience). I think it even helped pave the way for more serious, dramatic American cartoons like the new Justice League series and such (but not "Teen Titans", blech!).

- CHRISBO

Last edited:
And i was just in the cellar this afternoon looking to see what Gargoyle cards we need! Boys liked the show back then (i did too but couldn't watch it all that often) so we did both series of cards (still need some chase cards to complete the sets) and all the action figures (shoved in a bag as i try to find missing wings and any characters).

BJJ763 said:
and all the action figures (shoved in a bag as i try to find missing wings and any characters).
Heh, those things were cool. I had a bunch of them, although by the time they had the elemental Gargoyles (the fire Goliath, et all) I'd lost interest in them because they were just milking the franchise. Still, fun things.

Back