Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Gartaria deck help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Strife

Alright, haven't been on here in awhile, but I feel I needed some help with this deck and so I felt I would give it a shot.

Decklist:
4-3-4 Garchomp
4-4 Altaria
3 Emolga

3 Bianca
4 N
3 Random Receiver
2 Tool Scrapper
3 Level Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Rare Candy
1 Super Rod
2 Switch

4 Blend Energy WLFM
6 Fighting Energy
3 Water Energy

Basic Strategy of the deck is to get out a garchomp and altarias and start using mach cut as soon as possible putting out a lot of damage and hopefully discarding some of their special energies.

Last edited:
I have edited your post No need for translations since there have been pre's. Even if you needed them you have to put the actual translations and not links to them or pictures of the cards.

Have you tested this list before? Your list seems to lack supporters. 7 supporters+ 3 receivers gives you dead hands most of the time.

Have you tested this list before? Your list seems to lack supporters. 7 supporters+ 3 receivers gives you dead hands most of the time.

I actually get supporters a lot and when I need them. 7 supporters is definitely small especially with no smeargle. I just don't find running juni and bianca in the same deck a good thing. I might try it at some point but I don't know.

I'm starting to find, with Garchomp/Altaria, playing fewer supporters isn't too bad. There's so much search in the deck (Emolga, Gabite, Balls) that I can consistently thin my deck to the point where I worry about decking out. However, the first turn supporter is often the deciding factor in the match-up. I think that's the best reason to throw in a few more supporters. Also, I would pull out 1-3 Water Energy. I run 6 Fighting, 4 Blend and rarely need any more, even with my Max Potions (it's very tight sometimes, though).

RM

I'm starting to find, with Garchomp/Altaria, playing fewer supporters isn't too bad. There's so much search in the deck (Emolga, Gabite, Balls) that I can consistently thin my deck to the point where I worry about decking out. However, the first turn supporter is often the deciding factor in the match-up. I think that's the best reason to throw in a few more supporters. Also, I would pull out 1-3 Water Energy. I run 6 Fighting, 4 Blend and rarely need any more, even with my Max Potions (it's very tight sometimes, though).

RM

Thanks for the advice! The sad truth though Is I do struggle to find energies sometimes with some low energy count. If anything I might try decreasing water to 2 and fighting to 7 since they are much more needed than water.

You're gonna want another super rod. Think about it, if your opponent went for garchomp all game, they'd only have to kill 5, because with your list, its impossible to get out a 6th.

Thanks for the advice! The sad truth though Is I do struggle to find energies sometimes with some low energy count. If anything I might try decreasing water to 2 and fighting to 7 since they are much more needed than water.

Sorry, I think I failed to get my point across in my last post. What I meant to say is if you increase your draw support a bit, you'll increase your chances of starting with a supporter in hand and then you're more likely to draw into energy, even if you have less in your deck. What you suggested is okay, but do you really need an effective 11 fighting energy (7 basic + blend)?

RM

you don't need water energies, 4 blend do the work well since you rarely would use the second atack (only use to OHKOs, the mill is too bad)
my enrgy line is 7/4 fighting/blend

try to fit some max potions they can save your garchomps while you setup another or you can heal the altarias from darkrai snipes

This same deck has 3+ other threads open currently. I recommend moderators limit this so people don't spread valid help on the topic. Otherwise there opinions are just wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back