Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Garuda´s report - pwned by tierbreakers

Garuda

Hello people this is my first (and very late) report in the gym.
This is a National Report, another one from Brazil.

I chose to play my rogue creation instead of going with powdacham in the last minute because I saw lots of flariados around and few good matchups for medi to risk it.

Decklist&Strategy supressed

Well, I think this is enough for you to understand the strategy, now to the report itself.

Round 1 vs Flariados

At this time I´m happy that I didn´t chose Cham to play. I begun with Cyndaquil against an eevee (SS) and spinarak, my hand had also a mentor and candy, energy and RayEX. I paralyze him twice in a row with his own coin :lol: now he looks mad :lol: in the meantime I draw into a Typhlo EX and grab my basics, Turn3 I decide to retreat Cynda to magmar since I felt the coin would fail that time and my opp hand was becoming huge, his turn he finally uses Sings of Evolution to grab his Flareon EX and Jolteon EX :confused: after benching another eevee and spinarak, my turn I draw into Admin and evolve to TyphloEX, Warp point, Admin his eeveelutions away and KO spinarak. Eventually we evolve stuff and he starts to deal damage, now I have a typhlo with 70 dmg and burn with full flame in play, I draw, now I can QS and EEB, also have another admin in hand, I QS for trode then EEB for 3 energies and he calls the judge arguing it was five or nothing -_- I tell the judge to look with the HJ at the compendium then he comeback and says I´m right, I do all those stuff with EEB, Ray, Stump my dmged Typhlo away, admin his hand to 4 and KO his ariados. Now he has Flareon in his bench and 2 spinaraks, he benches another eevee and attacks, now I´m KOing 1 poke each turn,bad that I can´t pow anything up, he evolves to Jolty EX and sends another spinarak trying to build some time while powering up his jolty.
Eventually I reach 1 prize left and he can´t OHKO me so GG.
What won me this match where the well timed Admins. 3 pts

Round 2 vs Sunflora/Pidgeot

I start with Magmar and Pidgey agains Paras. I D&D for 4, he calls for something for pidgey and sunkern, I get T2 Pidgeot and kept D&D stuff to build my game, my opp also gets T2 Pidgeot, uses stevens, another Pidgeot :eek: :eek: :eek: he tries to QS again but I advertise him that he can do that only once even with more pidgeots in play, then he attaches an Energy Root to the second pidgeot, evolves to parasect and poisons me. My turn, I search for stuff and passes, his turn he does that energy attachment with Parasect and attaches to his Pidgeot w/ Root; Now its boring but I have everything to finish the game right there, just waiting for my magmar to die. His turns, he does something and finally Magmar die, My turn, I do everything I had to (EEB, pow his pidgeot without Root up, Ray ex, Typhlo ex, Admin) and K.O. From there it was downhill for him. GG

6 pts

Round 3 vs DarkMuk/Wobuffet

Another good magmar start, I get early pidgeot too and decide to attack with Typhlo since 80dmg kills anything in his deck, he had a slow start, T3 Dark Muk, koing my Magmar at T4 with burn flip. Well he had a full bench (4 I think, 3 Wobby 1 Grimer) so typhlo goes, also stump, and from there he had nothing else to deal with Typhlo. GG.

9 pts

Round 4 vs Typhlo EX/9tales/Pidgeot

I start with lone Torb against 2 Cyndaquills. He goes first and didnt paralyzes me, I PETM Trode and recharge. He goes and tries to paralyze again, My turn I KO his cynda. Now he draws into Great ball and have a Pidgeot in his bench, QS for another Cynda, evolves the active to Quilava and passes, My turn nothing to grab basics -___- I K.O quilava. Prize = Trans yay, his turn he admins me and sends up Vulpix and ascencion to 9tales. Now I finally grab some basics with mentor, and decide to EEB the next turn since he had nothing to OHKO my trode. He goes, Typhlo EX for 3+ one from his turn, QS for Strenght Charm and OHKO my Trode. :eek:
From there I kept hoping that I could draw into a Pidgeot or PETM and try to comeback but it didn´t happened so downhill for me. GG

9 pts

Round 5 vs Primeking

I´m amazed that even losing the last round I still was at table 2. He goes first and S&R for 2 mankeys and 1 slowppoke, I mentor and D&D with magmar, his turn he evolves to king and ape, attaches energy to ape and sudden flashes me. I evolve to quilava and pidgeot and pass, he comes and K.Os my magmar after attaching an Energy Root to his ape. My turn I use 2 Pows, one to move away one energy another to call the king with energy active, evolve to Typhlo, admin, KO his king. He sends Dunsparce with balloon berry and grabs another slowpoke. His hand was still huge at 5 so I can´t risk leaving Typhlo active, I build up Pidgeot and try to evolve the second one but nothing comes and only one QS is allowed :tongue: so I send magmar to build time, he comes and K.O magmar with the Ape that has Root attached to him ;/ he has two apes full powered now, I pow the other king up and Clutch him with pidgeot, after playing GS to deny him benching other slowpokes, his turn, he ATM ICE´s me -__-" I´m forced to leave a voltorb active to be killed. Now its 5-3 his favor, time is going away and I decide to gamble everything at the good old Trode/Ray/Admin combo, I KO his Rooted ape, he has only one card at his hand, he draws and uses Mary´s Request :eek: -_- draws into DRE, uses that tool fetching thing from king, gets a shard and hits my Ray for 140dmg x___x" GG.

Final Score : 3-2 9pts AND 2% LESS opp resistance than the 8th place player, finishng at 10th place out from 32+ in 15+ age group. Still better than the other years, but very depressive too ;(
So I got PWNED by tiebrakers GG.

Well I think there is always the next format, one day I will enter the T8 and win it all.

Last edited:
Back