Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gastly SF in Unlimited

Weedler

Does anyone think Gastly SF's first attack (stopping trainer's on your opps next turn) might be good in unlimited?

Stopping bill, oak, and computer search indefintely seems good, especially since unlimited decks play so many trainers (and few if any supporters and energy iirc).

It would basically give you a shot at winning if you go first and start with it.

it would kill any decks setup ability because the best decks in unlimited use mostly if not all trainers

Wow, what a coincidence. I built an unlimited Foretress/Blastoise Ex/Espeon deck for fun and played it against my friend's Gengar deck JUST TODAY...

AUTO LOSS.

Yes Gastly could be amazing in Unlimited unless your opponent opens with something like Cleffa (I'm assuming people still run that). Then you'd be putting your attack on a flip and you may well get trounced on their turn if you get tails.

I actually think Gengar plus Slowking or Dark Vileplume would be amazing. You'd have the aforementioned Pitch-black Trainer denial turn 1 followed by "permanent" (barring Muk, etc.) Trainer denial turn 2 or soon after via Slowking/Dark Vileplume (Dark Vileplume being legitimately permament, Slowking being close to it if you get enough of them out), which of course would set you up to do massive damage with Poltergeist for the entire game with no way for the opponent to really avoid it. You'd also have the snipe option as well as Feinting Spell at your disposal. Any number of techs could be included from Jungle Mr. Mime to Mewtwo lv. X. With Slowking you could run a heavy energy removal line and add energy to the denial list.

Wow, what a coincidence. I built an unlimited Foretress/Blastoise Ex/Espeon deck for fun and played it against my friend's Gengar deck JUST TODAY...

AUTO LOSS.
No you lost....you were playing a bunch of bad pokemon together. :/ Anyways, its a cute idea, but its usually useless deck space and probably won't ever be a good idea to play (need to go first, etc).

I guess it could be better than the Fossil Psyduck only if it stops Supporters and stadiums too.
It's not a bad starter, but it's only going to Stall.

Might be better than Sableye (SW) and Lass though.

It just depends on how many babies your opponent plays in his or her deck.

No you lost....you were playing a bunch of bad pokemon together. :/ Anyways, its a cute idea, but its usually useless deck space and probably won't ever be a good idea to play (need to go first, etc).

People were talking about how it is the best deck of all time and can win T1, but it had sooo many flaws. I was just testing it.

"People were talking about how it is the best deck of all time and can win T1, but it had sooo many flaws. I was just testing it. "

Most modified decks should not be able to beat an Unlimited deck. :p
I mean Gastly can just keep on attacking while you set up your bench.
Probably play Gengar with Dark Vileplume (TR) and Vileplume d (Holon Phantoms).

"Right, and that playtesting proved that it wasn't good."

It might not be that good, but it could be better. Just add a few baby pokemon.... Cleffa and Elekid (Neo Genesis)...add maybe a few of your own Gastly's and it could do OKish.

The best thing to do is to ask a friend to look over it and playtest a few games with it...play and tweak accordingly.

Now my question is does Gastly stop all trainers? Like supporters, stadiums, tools, TMs?

Gastly is seems good anyways for an energyless attack.

no, gastly (if you are refering to the pitch dark one) os after the rotation, there for it will not.

Back