Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gatr...... is it playable today?

DL24

Not sure if this is the right thread but anyway. I'm thinkin of playin Gatr 4 my nats. With the proper list, does anyone think this deck has a chance in this retarded metegame envirnment?

I think when played right that Feraligatr stands much of a chance in the current deck pool, just make sure that everything works right and even you could over come G&G/Plox and Empoleon, considering Feraligatr runs through Eeveelutions and Banette pretty much, and it will just tear Infernape apart

Thanx. I'm still debating. I've just noticed, but u check out a lot of my threads! At least someone does. I appreciate it.

A 130 HP poke weak to electric that can do infity damage is playble,but it running thro banette or lutions Im not to sure of since it lacks one thing those decks have.SPEED.

gater doesnt lack speed just play some master balls and dusk balls and you ll be fine. And flygon i beat two bancarios in top cut. all you got to do is go aggro with gater.

This is probably a silly question but WHICH gatr or a combo? I think it is playable. I think Phione could really help with speed issues on this one. You could really hurt some decks by running Cessation Crystal in it.

empoleonperson:im not talking about getting Gatr,I mean going aggro early,ure gonna need a setup,pachi/claydol just to keep doin damage with his first attack and if u do his second,then its easy to comeback from it. Im saying its lacking speed because its power based deck like vire,so anything with more speed than it can get the upper hand quick;ly(GG-Empoleon-Nette)Magmortar even can comeback by abusing scrambles.Thats good you did,congratz. :thumb:

Thanks flygon but yeah it also depends alot on the hand too. Heatherdu i personally like the delcatty magneton combo has it ohko a lot of things.

Hmm, sounds good. Feraligatr/Claydol w/ Phione starter played with the Ball Engine perhaps? that's sounds pretty good if you ask me.

hurricane is a good gatr deck. one of my friends at league also plays a megagatr (meaganium/gatr) with a smeagle/stantler starter. that seems to work for her.

This is probably a silly question but WHICH gatr or a combo? I think it is playable. I think Phione could really help with speed issues on this one. You could really hurt some decks by running Cessation Crystal in it.

They are mostly talking Gatr MT. Running with Cess (and I assume LOTS of draw) would be a very interesting take on the deck. Patchi would be painful though, doing 70 and discaring the Cess. Most folks tend to run Gatr MT with Claydol or Delcatty + Magneton to keep energy in hand.

Personally I think that Gatr delta is underated right now. Last season the main thing holding it back was Metanite. There is next to no electricity in this format aside from Patchi, Rotom, and the occasional Electrode. You don't have to fill the bench with him (and open yourself up to dusknoir). His drag off attack by itself is just hugely disruptive.

I watched a hurricane deck last weekend tear its way to the top cut twice, it pairs up well with most of the format but has trouble with Leafeon. The combination of resistance, leaf guard and Espeon is hard for it to play around.

B

I watched a hurricane deck last weekend tear its way to the top cut twice, it pairs up well with most of the format but has trouble with Leafeon. The combination of resistance, leaf guard and Espeon is hard for it to play around.

B

Forgot about those dumb leafeons....

Gart d tech FTW!!! :biggrin:

Thanks flygon but yeah it also depends alot on the hand too. Heatherdu i personally like the delcatty magneton combo has it ohko a lot of things.

you cant rely on luck to win you games
and if you have ever seen the new infernape played correctly, gatr does not have an auto win by any means
weakness helps but they can knock you out with a scramble and a pp

Hahahahaha, I didn't think he meant the δ one but I just saw a thread about someone trying to update Raieggs so I thought I should ask. :lol:

Yeah, I remember the Magneton/Delcatty combo but I'm just not sure it is the best option now with new cards available and Dusknoir being teched into many decks. Plus the Magneton and Catty are pretty low HP and are easy snipe bait. I think that I would try it with Claydol so that the energy never even has to hit the discard pile just cycle it between hand and deck. You could always NM/Energy Recycle/Energy Restore the ones that do end up in the discard when needed. Sure, Claydol is snipe bait too but at least it would only be one on the bench. That's just my idea though and it may not run well at all. And, of course, you wouldn't want to run CC with Claydol so forget that idea if you try Claydol.

Leafeon is huge around here (Columbus, OH) and since we are local for Nationals I think you will run into it a lot! So you need some sort of tech for it with Gatr. Something fire probably..... Mew δ comes to mind but you'd need some grass energy to abuse Leafeon Lv X's attack. Maybe a 1-0-1 Ape MD tech as a DRE on it would OHKO Leafeon but you could still attack for 50/60 with a :water: against Leafeon/Lv X.

you cant rely on luck to win you games
and if you have ever seen the new infernape played correctly, gatr does not have an auto win by any means
weakness helps but they can knock you out with a scramble and a pp

When did i say luck. Alot of decks depend on the opening hand if its garbage for either person the other person wins. But if there equally as good its like 50-50 with that matchup.

And when did i say anything about infernape? lol. :confused:

I think Hurricane with enough windstorms, 4 DRE (scramble's not needed) and Catty/Ton engine should do well.
I have Corsola SW starting, grab a totodile, SKitty, and Magnemite, and then turn 2 I'm attacking for 30 with Corsola and setting up with Delcatty. You can use strength charms and Castaway for the 10 extra damage needed to 2-shot a Pachirisu or Stantler.

Back