GE deck ideas?????????

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by fallen prince, Jan 24, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. fallen prince

fallen prince New Member

what is going to be the best deck to come from GE

2. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Well, because alot of the good cards are being left out, I'd say the initial cards that I liked were:

Wailord: 200 HP; amazing stalling powers; HAS to shine SOMEWHERE.
    Cresselia Lv.X: Takes two Prizes, plus healing powers; amazing.
    Darkrai Lv.X: Makes the Sleep Status MUCH better, and also AMAZING Body.
    Phione: AMAZING starter! Evolves your cards to the next Stage!
    Pachirisu: Nice counter to Tools, also great Starter.
    Claydol: Counter to Absol, plus good draw.
    Sceptile: Makes all Grass Energy count as 2 Grass Energy; combos with Tangrowth/Venusaur CG.
    Blaziken: Nice sniper.
    Swampert: Energy move powers, and a okay attack.
    Togekiss: Energy Acceleration to the max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the cards that I like. A deck MUST come out of some of them.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  3. DreamChaser AJ

DreamChaser AJ New Member

How does Tangrowth combo with Sceptile? Tangrowth's first attack is for each basic Energy card attached to it, not energy.

4. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Oh, sorry; I guess I was just posting about something without researching it. I'll edit.

5. Ikari

Ikari New Member

Sceptile/The Forgotten Torterra? 100 + 30 for 2 :grass: seems fine to me :lol: And remember the Leftovers and Dawn Stadium, 20 damage to itself each turn :thumb:

6. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

If the new scizor is the same as the translations, I'm playing it.

7. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Me too. 80 for one energy if they have a special energy attached which almost every deck plays plus it has specal metal and its' second attack is very good too.

8. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

Scizor can't swarm and can't really fit in a deck.
    Blaziken though will see play. It's a beast!

9. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

But 2 stage 2 is kinda beefy and slow...

10. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Furret. Claydol. Phione. Pachirisu.

We have a BUNCH of tricks to help you set up. Needing 2 energy to do 60 damage and heal everything while also having 140 HP is just too amazing to believe. Only 2 basic energies... And you're not getting screwed by Crystal Beach either. And another Sceptile can move energies around.

Of course, a Magmortar Snipe owns you pretty hard, but only a few decks can boast that's not the case. :/

What I'm quite excited about from Great Encounters actually happens to be... Unowns. I don't think you can make a deck with just them, but they make starts a LOT easier then it used to be. Unown Q and G are just... Amazing.

I surprised no one's mentioned Butterfree or Beedrill yet. Free retreat, 110 HP, and doing 120 damage for 1 grass energy? Oh my! And Butterfree's capable of having a stage 2 on Turn 1, even if you go first? o_O

11. Croatian_Nidoking

Croatian_Nidoking New Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned Porygon-Z yet. It's flippy, but has a very versatile Poke-Power. The Porygon-2 is no slouch either, being able to abuse Supporters. Try it with Scott, Lake Boundary, Magneton PK, and Delcatty PK.

- Croatian_Nidoking

12. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

thats exactly what i plan on doing when we get the set.

if that doesnt work right im gonna try to get the swampert to work with something, also try out sceptile and blaziken (not together of course).
    with pacharisu start in them all.
    i hope i get really lucky at the prerelease and pull 4 of them.

13. Ikari

Ikari New Member

You stole my words :thumb:

Beedril? Isn't that good IMO, 4 stage 2 to do 120 damage for :grass: its much more complicated than 2 stage 2, even with help. Seems like a new Krike deck :p

14. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

Honestly we just got alot of good starters. Togekiss drops gotta be good with Salamence DP3 or alot of stuff.

Eeveelutions are too good to look over also. Eevee searches for itself to fill the bench and all have a purpose besides Flareon/Jolteon are the only ones I dont like that much.

All that other stuff is ok,but so many other cards that are looked over.

15. Riq

Riq New Member

i saw that phione wasnt gonna be in the set

16. toxictaipan

toxictaipan New Member

When you use Phione's attack does it evolve it only one stage or can it skip to stage two?

17. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

Only the next stage but it wont be in GE so you wont have to worry about that

18. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

yea, the porygon 2 would make a nice tech with scott. Who said supporters are slow?