Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GenCon V Worlds - Your opinion?

DaytonGymLeader

Since we're on the topic of what people would like to see, we figured that since Worlds and GenCon are the same weekend, that the interest level needs to be measured.

Would you be going to GenCon or Worlds?

If you are going to GenCon, what types of events would you like to see?

Um Worlds....No brainer there.

OK, but if you are running events at Gencon again there must be an event that lasts more than 14 hours, you have a reputation to uphold!!!

M45

We were hoping to attend Both this year but seems that isn't possible.

It's Worlds for us this year.

WORLDS. definitely. As awesome as Gencon is, I think going to Worlds will be much more fun if I can get a free trip ^_^

Unquestionably Worlds.

What the heck was GENCON thinking in the first place holding GENCON *AFTER* the school year starts!

(Same can be said for Worlds, but hey, it's WORLDS!)

I was shooting for gencon but with the site of orlando and disney my eyes glowed and now i have decided

Worlds Baby!

Im gonnas be at the nintendo event and see how it goes. Its a history making event i dont wanta miss

I plan to be at Gencon. Anyone know if any Pokemon events are planned for Gencon? If not I can just play one of the other dozen games that will be available at Gencon. Why go all the way to Florida, pay a fortune for a hotel just to play in a side event?

oops missed the "what kind of events would you like to see part of dgl post.

I want to play Modified Mutant. I ran a tournament like the one they ran at Gencon Socal and the players loved it. Plus the normal Modified events would be cool. Maybe a few 2 on 2 matches since I haven't seen a tournament yet that uses that play. Maybe a team event if PUI releases Team rules by then.

How about a "beat the Pikachu event" You know how much I wanted to beat that Pikachu at worlds with one of those foam bats? I think a lot of parents would enjoy that event.

~Blazi-King~ said:
We are trying to go to both......will know more the closer the time comes to go

If you can figure out a way to go to both let me know. Especially since they are being held at the same time.

farbsman said:
I plan to be at Gencon. Anyone know if any Pokemon events are planned for Gencon? If not I can just play one of the other dozen games that will be available at Gencon. Why go all the way to Florida, pay a fortune for a hotel just to play in a side event?

Why? To meet again with all the friends that you have made through the game. For all the fun that will happen in an event only like this. To make more memories of this great game and the community. Because this game rocks like no other.

I can go on and on but you get the gist. I was really looking forward to Gencon this year but I`d rather do Worlds any day. ;)

`Sensei

farbsman said:
If you can figure out a way to go to both let me know. Especially since they are being held at the same time.

Shows how little you know about the space-time continum. ;) Also, Gencon is four days, so you could go to it for one or two days, then go to worlds.

"Why go all the way to Florida, pay a fortune for a hotel just to play in a side event?"

Speaking of which, anyone else find it ironic that many of us are going to Orlando and not to the theme parks?

Anyway, I am doing everything in my power to get to worlds. GenCon is nice, but well, being there would be for me, well, like the last worlds.

yoshi1001 said:
Shows how little you know about the space-time continum. ;) Also, Gencon is four days, so you could go to it for one or two days, then go to worlds.

"Why go all the way to Florida, pay a fortune for a hotel just to play in a side event?"

Speaking of which, anyone else find it ironic that many of us are going to Orlando and not to the theme parks?

Anyway, I am doing everything in my power to get to worlds. GenCon is nice, but well, being there would be for me, well, like the last worlds.

Who said we're not going to the theme parks?! That's what FRIDAY is for!

And to the person who said "pay a fortune for a hotel room" (I know it wasn't you Yoshi), Orlando has more hotel rooms than any city in the United State, possibly even the world. Orlando is the KING of cheap hotel rooms. Maybe not at the hotel where the event is being held, but certainly within 20 minutes.

If I can get an invite, it would definantly be for Worlds for me! If not, I kinda had plans to go to Gencon anyways so I'll have fun no matter what happends.

Back