Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Generation III remakes? Really? :/

CyberManectric

I found this on Bulbapedia and I can't help but have mixed feeling about this.

Thanks! I've received your sentiments. Ruby and Sapphire are very important games to me. I want to make something good. Thanks!!
-- Junichi Masuda

I was very excited about Generation II remakes but I really don't approve of remaking Ruby and Sapphire. I mean, the original GBA games can still have their pokemon transferred if some die hard fans (myself included) kept a DS or DS lite, and the Generation III ledendaries are available in HGSS as well. Aside from marketing reasons I really don't see why Gamefreak would remake Ruby and Sapphire. Archie and Maxie aren't such great villains compared to Giovanni and N IMO.

Now here's where I begin to think an RS remake could be a good thing. Obviously there's a ton that those games were missing compared to the original Gold and Silver like a Day/Night system and they could adapt a seasons system. Seeing Hoenn in 3D would be nice. They could also grant us access to some Dream World areas with Gen V Pokemon and their hidden abilities. Also, VS sprites for Hoenn Gym Leaders and Elite 4. Plus who knows what other fun surprises Gamefreak will add to Hoenn like they did with Johto/Kanto.

Like I said before, I have mixed feelings about the news. Anyone else care to share their thoughts?
~Cyber~

Then 3-5 years from now we'll be discussing Diamond and Pearl remakes. :tongue:

Honestly- I would prefer that P:GoD be re- made for the DS/3DS and compatible with the B/W games.....

On topic- The only improvement I can see for the games are for the graphics. Gamefreak will have to add a lot of new things into the games being remade. (Hopefully do away with all the dancing/music stuff, as it is not my thing.)This is kind of ......uh......so-so of news- more thoughts later............

He wasn't really hinting to anything he was saying that those games were some of his best work he has done, he was also asked if we were going to get pokemon gray next year, and he answer "I can't answer that yet"
Posted with Mobile style...

Don't kid yourself. Remakes are like printing money. It's not "if". It's "when".

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.841180,-119.700759

Such a comedian, I know remakes bring in money I didn't say anything about that, I'm just saying we can't go byy just something he tells someone, especially if we haven't heard of any news of possible video games, but we gotta give it time if we specualte, and research the crap out of it there is no joy of them annouceing a new game for all audiences just give it time, and let them do what they do best, Make awesome games

Inevitable remake is inevitable.

Seriously, that's the pattern they've been following since FR/LG came out, not gonna change. And eventually they'll need to remake RBY again, GSC, etc etc...the point is that they allow for a new generation of fans to experience the older games that aren't made anymore, and for the rest of us more "easier" access to Pokemon from those generations.

And why would you ever want to remake those Gamecube Pokemon games, they both sucked. Granted, GoD wasn't as bad as Colosseum, but it was still rather bleh. Personally, I'd still like to see a full Pokemon game done for the main console, not another Stadium ripoff (as Battle Revolution really sucked compared to Stadium 1&2) and not some lame mini-story one like those two were for the Gamecube.

Maybe they will "slip in" the region as a bonus area into the new game(s). HG/SS shared two regions, maybe a second set of split regions in one cart again?

Maybe they will "slip in" the region as a bonus area into the new game(s). HG/SS shared two regions, maybe a second set of split regions in one cart again?

Hoenn and Sinnoh at once? Yes please. Or Hoenn and Orre? That's make my year.

^Hoenn and Orre should seriously happen.
Damn that'd be amazing.
Or just a sequel or something to XD GoD on the 3DS.

Hoenn and Sinnoh at once? Yes please. Or Hoenn and Orre? That's make my year.

I agree with that. Orre on the DS would be very nice and they could easily place a Battle Frontier in Orre. Also, give Mirror B his original funky battle theme from Colosseum.
~Cyber~

I agree with that. Orre on the DS would be very nice and they could easily place a Battle Frontier in Orre. Also, give Mirror B his original funky battle theme from Colosseum.
~Cyber~

No. More. Flipping. BATTLE FRONTIER/TOWER/SUBWAY/PARK :nonono:

Though I do agree Mirror B is awesomeness.

Didn't GoD have like a 100 win streak allready? It has been a long time since I have played GoD, I do think that there was a simulator in it as well. I thought the simulator was a pretty nice addition to the game.

If they do release a "complimentary color" to B/W- I do think that having a second region added in, with the simulator of course, would be shweet. Although it would be interesting to see Orre hold it's "dark" tone, with having to open the hearts and all that.

I remember when I got collesium. I was about 6 and stopped playing as soon as thy guy got punched. I was afraid my mo would see ^^

While they weren't my favorite games of the series it would be very nice to see remakes of these games. Plus I kind of took the lack of gen 3 Pokemon in HG/SS sets, and the new EXs as sign that they were coming out, like how GS pokemon weren't seen for a while prior HG/SS.

Dude, R/S/E was my favorite generation. I would hope that they DON'T remake Colosseum or Gale of Darkness to keep the exclusive pokemon on those exclusive. I worked WAY to hard getting awesome stats on things like Togepi, Electabuzz, Magmar, Duskull and others.

What will end up happening is i will pay for the re-make, beat it once, then go back to the GBA cart. 500+ Hours on my emerald everybody!

Why would you work hard to get good stats on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, considering you could just RNG on Emerald...

Ummm...wanna try again?
Anyway, i worked hard on stats in XD (read the post - not R/S/E) - and the exclusive moves don't breed over.

Ummm...wanna try again?
Anyway, i worked hard on stats in XD (read the post - not R/S/E) - and the exclusive moves don't breed over.

Yea yea I forgot to take off the E, meant why would you bother trying to breed on R/S when you have Emerald and RNG. But yeah, besides the point since I misread...

For GoD though, you'd have to be near-masochistic to go for stats on that lol. I gave up after several tries, running through the whole slow-paced game to try getting exclusive moves drove me near batty. Just better in the end to trade with someone that did go through it was my thought.

I wish they would just stop with all the remakes. Sure they are awesome in every way but I just hate playing through the same games all the time, with better graphic and more add ons.

I would like to see other Pokemon games come at. They can at least port over Pokemon Colosseum and gale of darkness over to the 3DS.

How could These games possibly beat generation 5's masterpiece. I'm sorry for people who don't agree, but generation 5 Had the best graphics (on a ds system). Now I would be AMAZED if Pokemon could finally put in pure 3d graphics for the next games.That would Finally give them a chance to put the nintendo 3DS's 3d capability into use. I mean, It's Possible. Just take some graphics from maybe Pokemon Colloseum or Gale of Darkness, and just use the models from pokedex 3d, and you would have a freakin AWESOME game.:thumb:

Back