Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar 4 Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaLaMeNcE Xx

ok, so im having my last cities on saturday and im thinking about playing this gengar deck that i think is pretty cool. So here`s the list:

4-2-3/1 Gengar (1 DP1 gengar)
2 Aerodactyl
1-1 Claydol
1-0-1 Ampharos
1 Uxie
1-1 Starmie or Gallade (gallade to counter t-tar/regigias etc.)

4x Rare Candy
4x Bebe`s
2x Old Amber
3x Roseanne`s
3x Professor Rowan
4x Poké Drawer+
2x Pok´dex
2x NM
1x Lake Boundary
1x Moonlight Stadium

11x :psychic:
3x Multi

Okay so the basic strategy here is to get up one or two gengar asap. And then fill my bench with the techs. Aerodactyl is here so that i can snipe the pokes that abuses power easy. And ampharos is here because of the spread, but also cus he got some synergy with gengars second attack (if my opponent chooses not to use supporter ofc)
I have played the deck with an 1-1starmie line lately, but im thinking about adding an 1-0-1 gallade to counter t-tar, regigigas etc.

I like the idea of Ampharos, you benefit either way from supporters being played or not.
3 stage 2s are too much IMO, especially in a gengar deck that expects to play 2 gengars early game, and the gallade will just be overkill.

@kkslider: i know 3 stage 2s is mutch, but its actually working. And the gallade works wonders against t-tar and gigas.
The first gengar i usualy gets up with rare candy, but the second one i build up using haunter, and that saves
me a candy for apharos or gallade. I totally understand that u think that the gallade is an overkill. I thought
so first too, but i proved my self wrong :D

@gashmoigidy: I used to play 2-2claydol in this deck, but got rid of one because i think a 1-1 line is enough in this deck.

ive been playing a 1-1 lumineon line in my gengar deck. just for the sake of looking at my oppents hand before i attack. it seems to work well. i play the 1-1 claydol to make sure there's room for lumineon. the Aerodactyl is a good idea, i have tons of trouble when people play Gs. i cant shadow room and you have no T,S,S in your hand, well im screwed! my freind has become obsessed by weavile. hes trying to play it in every deck he has. now hes got a gengar/D-noir that runs it. its a pain in the butt when i have T,S,S in my hand but it clogs his bench. makin it easier for me to knock out his active and then finish him off.

i like the deck idea :thumb: good luck at your citys

+1 Old Amber(so you draw it also if you start with it)
+1 Roseanne`s
+1 Baltoy
+1 Claydol
+1 Uxie
+1 Uxie LV.X
+4 Oak's Visit
+2 Unown G

- PSY Energy
- Lake Boundary
-1-0-1 Ampharos
-1-1 Starmie
-1x Moonlight Stadium