Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar EX and Safegaurd Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown

From The Card Dex said:
PC Poltergeist 40+
Look at your opponent's hand. This attack does 40 damage plus 10 more damage for each Trainer card in your
opponent's hand.

If I had a Gengar EX and used Poltergeist against a pokemon with safegaurd would I be able to look at my opponent's hand?

I would say yes due to the fact of the period seperating the clauses, and that the effect does not do anything to the pokemon with safegaurd. I undestand that there will be no damage done, it is just the fact that i might be able to know what is in my opponent's hand.

You are correct. Here's a similar ruling from the Compendium-EX:
== SAFEGUARD (Wobbuffet - EX:Sandstorm; Ninetales - EX:Hidden Legends; Dewgong - EX:Fire Red / Leaf Green)

Q. Say Shedinja or Wobbuffet is my active Pokémon and my opponent uses Kingdra EX's Genetic Memory attack and chose Seadra's Water Arrow to attack my benched Pokémon Is Genetic Memory blocked by Shedinja's Wonder Guard and Wobbuffet's Safeguard when attacking something on the bench?
A. The wording of Shedinja's "Wonder Guard" and Wobbuffet's "Safeguard" are very similar to Neo Revelation Suicune's "Crystal Body" power. So basically anything that is not being directly done to Shedinja or to Wobbuffet does not get ignored. (Dec 4, 2003 PUI Rules Team)
Enjoy,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back