Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar for Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GengarPwns

Lately i've noticed, that alot of "Gengar for Regionals" threads have been popping up.
And i just want people to know that Gengar is a deck that takes alot of skill to play, so it's not a good idea to play unless you're very familiar with the deck.
I'm not writing this to "mess people up" so just consider a deck that you are more familiar with.

I don't think I have the skill nor knowledge to run such a complex deck.

I grovel in gengars wake of total mass destruction!!

I hope one day I can gain enough skill to become..drum-roll please.. A gengar master

:lol:

Gengar dose take a lot of skill to play and I give all the props in the world to u Gengarpwns it take alot of skill to win 2 times in STATES! I i am running it too and I have never lost with it

team under water has atleast to players that play gengar that are really good with it
u hav to know when to take th right card at the right time every match
if u take the wrong card u can loss a match up that u could of eazily won

I guess I did okay with it, I got TOP 8 in SC Stateswith it, after being way from the game for over 3 months. Nobody expected me OR my deck. Can I be a Gengar master? lol

Knockout with Uxie or Starmie and return Uxie to your deck or Starmie to your hand and Gengar can't flip for the knockout!!

Devoluter and Gengar can't flip for knockout!!

G Deck Options- Skunktank to Poision---Crobat for ten damage, then use Honchcrow with Lake Boundry for 40 x 2 =80 for a total of 90 damage. Then Gengar goes to 100 by thier trun. If they leave it up it dies between thier turn and yours. If they retreat it- kill it on the bench with Crobat. Again they can't flip.

Glaceon LV-X Gengar can't flip.

Ampharos and Crobat and Gengar can't flip.

Gengar is a good Pokemon and requires a great player to make it work, but good players are planning on counters for it at Regionals. It won't surprise anyone now. I know at our league, we practice all the time now playing against Gengar and Machamp.

It doesn't mean the Deck will not do well at Regionals, but there are decks now that can compete with it. This is what makes Pokemon fun, someone comes up with a great deck ( I give the Roll family credit for the GeChomp deck) and the rest of us have to figure out a counter for it!!!

Ken

Last edited:
Ok.. Not to contradict what you guys are saying but honestly gengar is not hard to "master" at all.

Stratagy;
Gengar ASAP
Snipe powers/ polter
Flip heads when ko'd
Avoid inbetween turn ko's
Put as many supporters from discard into opp. Hand with haunter.

Yeah. and just:
When to Guiest, when to attach to Cress, when to drop Bat, when to put TSS w/Haunter, when to Moon Skip...
Yeah not very easy.

I could write a book on how to do those quite easily.

If anyone is a seasoned player they know how to play/ work against a gengar deck.

Just don't understand the original reason for posting this.
But thanks for warning me lol

Why does it matter? If people want to use a deck, they should be able to. Not that you are stopping anyone necessarily, but losing is part of pokemon, so if someone is going to use a deck that they will lose with, why not let them?

Gengar isn't the easiest deck to play, but it's not the hardest either. Dialga G w/ loads of techs and AMU are tougher imo.

But really, it doesn't matter what deck you choose. It's not the best idea to play in a big tournament with a deck you don't know that well anyway, though some people manage to pull it off.

Gengar is easy to play.
But then if you want it to be good than Gengar actually takes skill, just like PUMA, Gigas, and Legos, maybe not as much but still alot of skill.

But then what should people with no skill play?

I know . . .

Machamp :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back