Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar (IFDS)

lestatxxx

:pokeball::psychic:

GENGAR (IFDS)

Gengar LV.43 – Psychic – HP110
Stage 2 – Evolves from Haunter

Poke-Power: Death Sentence
You can use this Power once during your opponent’s turn, when this Pokemon’s HP is reduced to 0 by damage from an attack. Flip a coin, if heads the attacking Pokemon is Knocked Out.

[P] Shadow Loom: Place 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. If that Pokemon has a Poke-Power, place an additional 3 damage counters.
[P][C] Poltergeist: Look at your opponent’s hand, and do 30 damage for each Trainer card, Supporter card, and Stadium card you find.

Weakness: Darkness (+30)
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat: 0

+++++++++++++++++++++++

CARD IMAGE

http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/intense-fight-in-the-destroyed-sky/gengar.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++

IMO ...

... A very very good poke-power, and K.O in bech, flip a coin, active, etc ... % possiblity
1º attack Is good T1 gastly + rare candy + gengar = 6 counter claydol, empo lv. X, magmotar lv. X Mesprit (LA), Uxie (LA) and much pokemon ... only 1 energy
2º attack Is the better attack T1 gastly ¨black out¨the oponent no use any trainer ... The oponent can´t use rare candy T1 (Player 2) Is really good ... T2 Gengar poltergeist can beat any pokemon ... And max chance is w / lumineon (IFDS)
Weak ... (Tyranitar T3 o T4(IFDS) and K.O Gengar Use poke-power ^^
Darkrai ... drapion lv. X (IFDS) is = Tyranitar ...
Resistence = Garchomp ... Blissey ... Porygon Z, Dragonite ...
Retreat is free ... =)
HP = 110 is really good

+++++++++++++++++++++++

COMBO W/ ...

Lumineon (IFDS)
Dusknoir + lv. X(IFDS)
Gardevoir + lv. X
Azfel + lv. X (LA)
Starmie (LA)
Froslass (LA)
Gengar
Spiritomb (LA)

+++++++++++++++++++++++

DECK

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81748

+++++++++++++++++++++++

CALIFICATION

10/10 perfect pokemon (IMO) I love gengar!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

WISH LoL

DP8 o DP9 o DP10 Gengar lv. X please XDDDD

Opinion?

Yes, Gengar is AMAZING!!! A VERY fast Stage 2, that Should see alot of play, should of had 120 HP though!

Gengar does SO MUCH DAMAGE. It's ridiculous. It makes Cynthia's hilarious.

3 extremely good ways to attack the meta on one card with free retreat and an easy way to get rid of weakness to T-Tar...where do I sign?

That's a What the Heck Pokemon right there.

Destiny Bond as a body?
Snipe 60 to powers for (P)?
Unlimited damage potential for (P)(C)?

4 EASY STEPS TO BEATING AN ATTACKING GENGAR:

1. Get it up to 5 damage counters/50 damage.
2. Play Ditto LA and attach a Psychic/Multi energy
3. Use Shadow Loom and place 6 damage counters on it
4. Laugh as your opponent can't use their power because you knocked them out with damage counters rather than damage.

4 EASY STEPS TO BEATING AN ATTACKING GENGAR:

1. Get it up to 5 damage counters/50 damage.
2. Play Ditto LA and attach a Psychic/Multi energy
3. Use Shadow Loom and place 6 damage counters on it
4. Laugh as your opponent can't use their power because you knocked them out with damage counters rather than damage.
lol good point. Gar is still a beast, tho. Getting 50 on it without taking a KO won't be easy.

Ditto itself is easily counterable. If it KO's your active, and you did 50-60 damage to it, just bring up a low HP basic and it's KOed. lol

I don't think there will be many good Gengar decks without Unown G around. :/

I don't think there will be many good Gengar decks without Unown G around. :/

And so hails the return of Pachirisu (Which can also be Buck'd PP'd for 50 damage).

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

lol good point. Gar is still a beast, tho. Getting 50 on it without taking a KO won't be easy.

Ditto itself is easily counterable. If it KO's your active, and you did 50-60 damage to it, just bring up a low HP basic and it's KOed. lol

Since Ditto copies a one energy attack, it can take out Gengar on the same turn it's played, meaning it won't have any damage on it to take advantage of.

Last edited:
Pachi doesn't discard Unown G, since it's an effect of an attack other than damage. So you just do more damage to it while Gengar OHKOs Pachi if they have 3 TSS in hand, or snipe a bench Claydol...

Gengar could be the next GG if we're not careful.

Hmmm.

At first I thought Gengar was going to be very overtly powerful, but I've given it a second thought.

Gengar is basically going to put Claydol out of business. Between it and Aero, Claydol can use its power once before being KO'd. It will be a major thorn in the side of Poke-Power heavy decks.

As far as its second attack, in a trainer heavy game it will do excellent damage maybe once or twice, but afterward your opponent will likely use their trainers as fast as possible. Otherwise it depends on how Poke-Power-heavy your opponent's deck is. If they don't have many powers, then 30 for P isn't so great an attack, even if it can snipe.

Gengar's other problem is that the first Gengar to attack wins in a Gengar vs. Gengar duel, as neither will activate Gengar's power. It is basically its own counter. Gengar also falls victim to two helpings of Gardevoir's Psylock.

Weavile SW isn't much help against Gar. Aero + Gar OHKO's it.

Honestly, AeroGar screws so many Poke-Power users as to be pretty much an instant core. 80 damage Knocks Out so many Poke-Power users that in and of itself the very threat of AeroGar as even a sideline strategy can be lethal.

So, Gengar is good on Power-Heavy Decks, but it won't do much to direct damage decks. With it and Aero, it can head off AMU incredibly easily.

I'm actually amazed you didn't put Aerodactyl in the Combo W/ section. The mere existence of Aerodactyl and Gengar on your bench pretty much lockdown your opponents from using powers by the mere threat of a sniped KO.

Gengar ... drool ... I am happy to see him back in biz and scary as every. FINALLY some good psychic cards that aren't weak to psychic. I mean banny was smexy .... but im tired of banny

Drifblim LVL X takes worlds 09? I hope so

Ror

If PUI is going to allow six-sided dices at Worlds again, it will be worse than Plox, definitely.
You can't manipulate a 20-sided dice and it's difficult to manipulate an official PUI coin, but 6-sided dices are the randomizers that are most easy to cheat (especially if you can use your own). Why else do you think Skittles could survive that well in Grinder with all that Empzongs around there? I really hope they will change that because there is no reason why a D6 should be better than a D20.

So, Gengar is good on Power-Heavy Decks, but it won't do much to direct damage decks. With it and Aero, it can head off AMU incredibly easily.
That's the point where people will start teching Unown E to protect their Claydols - not only against this but also against stuff like Raichu Lv.X. But in Gengars case, Unown G will do the job as well.

Gengar ... drool ... I am happy to see him back in biz and scary as every. FINALLY some good psychic cards that aren't weak to psychic. I mean banny was smexy .... but im tired of banny
Play Azelf Lv.X and you'll have a any psychic Pokémon of your choice without weakness.

At this point, there is only Glaceon Lv.X that can stop the powers of Gengar and Dusknoir Lv.X, but I'm pretty confident that there will be some other cards before States and Nationals. Unown-G-protected Gengars and Dusknoirs can only be broken by bringing them to bench and sniping - maybe another good reason to tech Starmie?

Pachi doesn't discard Unown G, since it's an effect of an attack other than damage. So you just do more damage to it while Gengar OHKOs Pachi if they have 3 TSS in hand, or snipe a bench Claydol...

Pachi does discard Unown G. Vire too. The attack affects the tool, not the Pokemon.

Gengar could not possibly be the next GG. Not by a long shot. The format is much more diverse than it was when Gardy ruled.

And so hails the return of Pachirisu (Which can also be Buck'd PP'd for 50 damage).

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Since Ditto copies a one energy attack, it can take out Gengar on the same turn it's played, meaning it won't have any damage on it to take advantage of.
In that situation, you're right. I'm just saying for Ditto in general, getting damaged can mean KO. I can do 30 to Ditto and then bring up a Magikarp. KO. DP Gengar can be Ditto's worst nightmare; Shadow Dance a Ditto for 40 then bring up a 40HP Pokemon.

Last edited:
Back