Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar lvl X, please DONT!~

Who says the Lv.X is going to be good?

Even if it's decent I'd much rather play four Gengar SF due to the fact that Gengar SF is just as good as alot of Lv.X's.

Also what's the point of this thread if no one know's what the card does.

Doesn't matter what the card does :p
Gengar SF itself has 2 attacks, which limits ur opponent's hand (polter) and the second forces ur opponent to play unknown G, and even then, its hard to see decks being fast to enough to pull more than 2. Imagine having a third attack and/or an additional poke-power/poke-body to finish ur opponent off. Thats outrageous D;

With what is almost-certain to be only a 20hp boost and a x2 Weakness, a Gengar Lv X would have to be darned great to see much play in Gengar decks. Deoxys is quite right, Gengar is very dood as is. Without a significant boost from the X, most people will probably pass over the X in favor of the 4th Gengar. Especially if Flygon Lv X actually turns out to be as good as all those people out there act.

Would it be worse as Machamp LVX? Doubt it. We'll just see what it does.
B'sides, by the time it'll be released here we're already looking at Cities.

One thing to comment on here. Gengar SF has a PokePower called "Fainting Spell". This BR season players tech their decks out with cards like Technical Machine Devoluter, Blazekin, Skuntank G, Uxie, etc. just to get around that pokepower. Its all very simple because 100 + poison structure = OHKO, 90 or 100 + burn tails = OHKO, 90 + Uxie = OHKO, dark 50 w/ Lake boundary + poison = OHKO, 60 + dark Uxie = OHKO, Devoluter + 80 or 50 HP = OHKO, Damage Counters = OHKO, OHKO w/ effect = OHKO. Well, all of those above things can get around Gengar so that makes Gengar bad right? Well here are the facts about Gengar:

Psy type = nice, there are alot of psy type weakness coughmachampcough
weakness = nice, dark is a minimal type but, something to worry about
resistance = cool, flygon is popular so Gengar is good there
HP = decent, 110 is pretty easy to KO w/o a Fainting Spell flip
Poke-power = excellent, free prizes are always nice
retreat = awesome, free retreat is handy
Attack 1 = donakalicious, it makes this card Tier 1
Attack 2 = powerful, can ohko anything if your opponent doesnt play their cards right

So all in all, gengar is pretty good but, what do you do about those pesky opponents who try to get around Fainting Spell flips, you can stop most of them by Unown G and Nidoqueen. Gengar + Nidoqueen + Unown G is almost unbeatable. Your opponent must try for Fainting Spell flips and you might get ahead in the game very quickly. But, wait, wouldn't gengar get some benefit from his level x?

Gengar lv.x + Gengar + Nidoqueen + Unown G = a crazy combo.

Currently, I do NOT know what Gengar Lv.X has to make Gengar better but, here are some ideas

120-160 HP (Fainting Spell just got better)
new pokepowers (maybe), new pokebodies (maybe)
maybe a new attack that makes gengar better?
New weakness, new resistance, new type (dark, colorless, idk, just ideas)????

Gengar Lv.X sounds like a great bonus that will make Gengar very good. Don't diss it until it comes out!

if it had a x2 weakness to dark, it would be horrible, i mean, its probably not going to have much more then 110, it will probably have 130, dso that a ttar with 2 dark and 1 special dark will 1 shot it

if it had a x2 weakness to dark, it would be horrible, i mean, its probably not going to have much more then 110, it will probably have 130, dso that a ttar with 2 dark and 1 special dark will 1 shot it

yeah, cuz ttar is running around left and right...

and i dont know why it is not, and if the gengar x is any better then gengar, it may come back and that was 1 example anyways

T-tar and Drapion may be scarce in some areas (though not all.) But, other Dark Pokémon are being tested out, at least currently. SP has several reasonable Dark Pokémon (Weavile, Honchkrow, Darkrai.) Sableye starters are floating around here-and-there. Sharpedo seems to spark several people's imaginations. Kecleon has been teched into several people's decks to deal with SPs and Lv Xs. And who knows for sure what else will be available by CC next season. It is way too early to discount that x2 Darkness weakness.

Who needs T-tar when Weavile SW will turn anything Dark for the OHKO?

I like T-tar, but it far from being the obvious X2 Weakness Gengar counter.

I agree with those who say that Gengar LV X would have to be superspecialawesome to take the place of the 4th regular Gengar in decks.

Also in pulse of the frontier there is a honchkrow which looks really good. His power lets you put a basic pokemon from your opponents discard pile onto their bench and his attack does for (D)(C)(C) 30+ 10 for each unevolved pokemon on either players bench.

As long as it doesn't have the same Pokébody as Toxicroak G, and Dusknoir lv.X's Night Spin, I think we're all going to be OK. ;)

Back