Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar prime/Lost zone.

I hope there's some kind of tech for the lost zone/stadium win condition because it's not cool to be up on prizes and have that stadium hit the table FTW :(

(been testing against alot of LostZone Gengar proxied decks)

Did you try a fossil? When they play seeker you can just scoop that up and they can not lost zone it since it is a trainer while in your hand. So, it kind of is a tech, since (from my experience playing against proxies) Gengar tends to rely on Seeker once you empty your hand of Pokemon.

ra@ sadly they made the lost zone so nothing can come back persanolly i think this is good 4 the game because sP cant just win easily also i think its going to make the game more interesting

Personal opinion?

Everythings in the toilet from here on in...and by everything I mean every deck is either going to need a major overhall which possibly may not do a thing in said decks favor or face extinction.

I know I'n banking on worst case scenarios from her e on out until our next sets list is released. Hopefully gigas gets one more tourney weekend before it gets retired and everything goes to hell and a handbasket...

On gdos specifically? it only takes one karp lost zoned to turn 2 hitting gar into 3 hitting gar...sure there a damage adders out there but then take in whether or not the lostgar deck is running trainer lock...gdos just isn't looking so hot...I know a few ppl up here dreading what lost world will do to their gdos lists...

I hope we get a second chance at our format with our next set. This is the second time ever we've had a set before Japan, so its one of the few times a set can be made to counteract a set that perhaps screwed up the Japanese metagame. In other words, I hope we have smart people making cards specifically for balancing the game. Other times, we have to wait a set or two AFTER the "screw-up" set until we get cards to balance the meta. IMO, Relicanth was a good example of this. It gave SP a scare. Spiritomb is another one. I think the best example is Claydol. Remember when Absol was dominating hands, leaving games in complete topdeck matches sometimes? Claydol was an obvious answer to that.

But really, we're still not 100% sure we get Lost World yet, If we do, we might get a mix of cards to balance it out. I know we've had countless threads speculating Gengar in America, but I still think it needs to prove itself. It's a different meta, our sudden deaths may give it hard time. It basically can't win on prizes, ever. If a game goes to time, it loses. If top cut goes to game 3, it loses. Even game 2 of top cut is near impossible unless one played scooped/doned the first game. And then we have the issue of deck compilation of an American 60-card deck vs a Japanese 40-card (or 30 card?) deck. Too much to theorymon about. Gengar needs to prove itself before we panic, and we still have no idea what we're gonna get next set (including Lost World).

Last edited:
Sablelock, T-Tar, DialgaChomp FTW lol
No really until we jnow that Lost World is getting released this is nonesense.
Trust me, a deck really dies out if it can't do well in a tournament, so if Lost World will be released it all depends on popularity, etc. ....

-Filipp.

Hm... there could be some counter.

I mean, TPCi read what's up in PokeGym, and they know what's up in Japan. I think they are well aware of the Lost World problem which could be the reason they didn't print it in Triumphant.

In addition, I wouldn't believe they give us a set with Lost World stuff and 100 unplayable cards. The criticism among the competitive players would be a lot higher than even with with the foreign card ruling or the new timeout rule. So I guess there will be something, and in the Dutch description, they announced new Pokémon-Prime.

there are many pokemon that put other pokemon in the lost zone, gengar just does it easiest. so netdecking players will play that until the experts come out with the other decks, i'm really surprised japan hasn't found the answer to gengar.

Lostgar won't be played a lot: it struggles against to many decks and even if it becomes popular everyone will fill there deck with counters.
I just thinkt that by using junk arm you can get rid of useless pokemon in your hand and play the rest:
that way Gengar's Hurl into darkness won't be a problem.
Wit bench shield his second attack becomes a simple 2 for 40 (in a deck with grass pokemon you can play vespiquen), even teching in a Nidoqueen RR would make the attack pretty useless.
There are already a lot of good counters and there will be more, so please keep you're cool.
I mean in the Pokemon TCG history there have been more than one really powerful decks but sooner or later everyone found a way to face them.
After all, we're just worrying about a purple dwarf.

Lostgar won't be played a lot: it struggles against to many decks and even if it becomes popular everyone will fill there deck with counters.
I just thinkt that by using junk arm you can get rid of useless pokemon in your hand and play the rest:
that way Gengar's Hurl into darkness won't be a problem.
Wit bench shield his second attack becomes a simple 2 for 40 (in a deck with grass pokemon you can play vespiquen), even teching in a Nidoqueen RR would make the attack pretty useless.
There are already a lot of good counters and there will be more, so please keep you're cool.
I mean in the Pokemon TCG history there have been more than one really powerful decks but sooner or later everyone found a way to face them.
After all, we're just worrying about a purple dwarf.

counters like what?
what will you do when gengar runs 4 seeker and 4 vs. seeker guaranting that you'll have a pokemon in hand every turn? they will probably still have 1 Stormfront Gengar and possibly trainer lock in case you choose to try and play it smart by not playing a bench.

counters like what?
what will you do when gengar runs 4 seeker and 4 vs. seeker guaranting that you'll have a pokemon in hand every turn? they will probably still have 1 Stormfront Gengar and possibly trainer lock in case you choose to try and play it smart by not playing a bench.

If they don't have Trainerlock the best counter about this Seeker thing is playing a Fossil Pokemon, because if you take it back into your hand it counts as a Trainer card and it won't help them much.
Dialga G LV.X and Deafen is also a nice counter against them....

Back