Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar-Vileplume Lock (MD-On)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwiidragon

I haven't posted a deck list in so long. So I decided to do one on Gengar and Vileplume because BR's is coming up and it is my first year in the Master Division. :eek:

Pokemon: 27

Gengar SF Lv.X 4-2-3-1
Vileplume UD 2-2-2
3- Spiritomb AR
2- Crobat G
1- Ditto LA (Counter other Gengar SF)
2- Uxie LA
1- Azelf LA
2- Unown Q

Supporters and Trainers: 23

3- Bebe's Search
3- Pokemon Collector
3- Cyrus's Conspiracy
1- Cynthia's Feelings
1- Looker's Investigation
1- Professor Oak's New Theory
1- Luxury Ball
1- Warp Point
3- Broken Time-Space
4- Rare Candy
1- Palmer's Contribution
1- Flower Shop Lady

Energy: 10

6- Psychic Energy
1- Warp Energy
3- Call Energy

Strategy: Get Vileplume out as soon as possible for trainer lock. Use Gengar SF hit the pixies and poltergeist the opponent's hand. Use Ditto LA against other decks using Gengar SF by using Shadow Room on the opponent's Gengar.

Thanks for the suggestions! :biggrin:

Last edited:
dude! why would you play any trainers at all if your plan is to start with spiritomb and get out vileplume? when you get them out you wont be able to play rare candy lol.
i think you should take out the 4 candy and the luxury ball then add a bts, a spiritomb, and a 1-1-1 line of vileplume.
also i would take out the 2 crobats and the ditto for 2 warp NRGs and another PONT.

if you make these changes then the deck will run more consistently!

Okay thanks. 3-3-3 Vileplume UD is way too much of a line up. 2-2-2 does well already and I got rid of two of the Rare Candy. Why add two more Warp Point if I'm going to be trainer locked?

Add warp energy instead of Warp points since your going for the lock.

trainers you should have..
1 Luxury Ball
2-3 Rare Candy if any.

IMO i would take out the Candies period, and Max out Pokemon Collector.
add another Haunter since you will only get 2 Gengar out if you only have 2 Haunter and no candies.

You don't need Palmers and FSG. pick one, preferably Palmers.

Take out the Ditto. Really not needed.

Trade the PONT's for Copycat since you will lock trainers and your opponents hand will be filled quickly.

Hope that helps.. :thumb:

Please state what Gengar you are using. SF or AR.

-1 flowershop lady -1 warp point +2 warp energy

You won't need two recovery cards, and warp point will almost never be playable. Warp energy gets vileplume out of the active spot if it ever goes up there from luxray x or blaziken fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back