Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengar's Shadow Room & Gardy's Bring Down Questions

Rob-GAJP

Hi there, two questions for you :

1- We have Gengar SF in play, which attacks a benched Lv X that has pokemon below that has poke-power ( Azelf Lv X and Azelf , concretely .. ) ; my wife's question is : the Lv X has a poke-body , but the pre-level up form has a poke-power , so can I actually do 60 with Shadow Room , or do I do 30 only ? She thinks that as a Leveled-Up pokemon has the right to use any poke powers from its previous level, then the poke-power is active and therefore Gengar should do 60 ... what's the deal ? ..

2- We have a Gardy X wanting to attack with Bring down my bench ; the pokemon with the lowest HP is a damaged Azelf X with 60 damage ( 30 HP remaining ) but protected with an Unown G ; then the next with the lowest would be a Duskull with 50 HP. Gardy's attack states "Choose 1 pokemon, yours or your opponent's, excluding Gardevoir, with the fewest remaining HP, and that pokemon is now knocked out" . So The one with the fewest remaining HP from anyone is Azelf indeed. Then the question is :

- The attack fails as the Pokemon with the fewest remaining HP is protected now with Unown G ? .. if so, Gardy can attack with other attack, or the attack fails completely and turn ends ?
- Does Gardy's attack have the "right" ( not written anywhere ) to then go ahead and "choose" the next pokemon with the lowest HP available ( in this case the 50 HP Duskull ) , or the next , or the next, until Gardy finds one that fits the attack's description and it's unprotected ?

Your help in both interesting situations is much appreciated, as always ......

1. The Power is "seen" as part of the Leveled Up Pokemon and so Gengar can place 6 damage counters (not do 60 damage, but place 6 counters).

2. The attack does not fail, as it is done, but the effect "fails" as Unown G protects the lowest HP Pokemon.
It doesn't get to ignore the Pokemon that has the lowest HP.

There are rulings on both of these that can be found in the Compendium LvX, a good document to become familiar with. :thumb:

Back