Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Georgetown City Championships

sar86

I decided to play Garde/lade today because Krow is just no good anymore. I picked up my gf (who played Queen/King) and her brother (who played Krow and regretted it) and he made our way to Georgetown.

There was:
20 Masters: 5 Rounds of swiss, top 4 cut
10 Seniors: 4 Rounds of swiss, top 2 cut (i think)
21 Juniors: 5 Rounds of swiss, top 4 cut

Round 1
Me vs. Geneses P (King/Queen)
I had a quick start against him got Gallade out by T3 and he never got the chance to get setup. I beat him quite quickly.

1-0

Round 2
Me vs. Keven Lee (Magmortar/Typhlosion)
I took 3 really quick prizes from him with Gallade. He then came back with a Margortar to take a couple prizes from me. I came back with a Gardevoir and a 2nd Gallade to take my last 3 prizes.

2-0

Round 3
Me vs. David H (Fly/vire)
I got a somewhat slow start against him, I took a couple key prizes with a Gallade, and he followed up by hitting my Gallade for 120. After discarding those energys he never got anything set up again.

3-0

Round 4
Me vs. Curtis (Flygon/Meganium)
T2 Gallade on a Trapinch

4-0

Round 5
Me vs. Zach L (Garde/lade)
I got out to a very quick start taking a couple prizes on him. After wards he came and took a few prizes back, hit 3 ER2's (taking away all of my DRE's) and a scoop up. After that I got nothing going and accepted defeat.

4-1

Top 4 cut
Zach L - 5-0 - Garde/lade
Sean R (me) - 4-1 - Garde/lade
Curtis - 4-1 - Flygon/Meganium
Paul A - 4-1 - T2 Blissey

Semi's
Me vs Curtis (Flygon/Meganium)
I got a stantler start, and got my Gallade out quickly. I took a couple prizes, then he brought a mawile out to grab a candy with a chikorita on his bench. After he did that I brought out Gardy lvX and brought it down, eliminating his last chance to get set up

5-1

Final's
Me vs. Paul A (T2 Blissey)
Paul T2'd Zach in the semi's which worried me, but I figured I could still do it,
Game 1
I got a stantler start with a ralts on the bench. T2 I had a charged Gallade, scooped up my stantler, and killed two quick Blissey's. Paul never really got setup afterwards, and took one prize before he lost the game

Game 2
I got the exact same start, and unfortunatly for Paul he mulliganed 5 times allowing to draw everything I needed for getting a T2 Gallade. Once again he never really got a setup going and I won the game quite quickly

6-1

Props:
2nd CC win
being 20-4 @ CC's
Gallade for being awesome
pulling a Garde lv X

Slops:
ER2
playing my 1st mirror match ever
losing it

Sean
Great wins today, I hope I can put a bit of what killed me so badly in the knowledge column so I have a better opportunity of getting you next time we play. I look forward to it. Our for fun game was the best from my point of view because you didn't get to donk me so quickly. I wish you would have played Honchkrow. LOL
Good luck to you in Mississauga.
Curtis

LoL.. 1/4 decks made it. Oh well. You didn't talk about my super-awesome tech.. I guess you never faced any crows to use it. Horray... do it again at sauga, make my deck proud ^-^. I wish I had it for MI cities haha...

its so good everybody knows how you did but who placed in other age divisions and what did they play?

Last edited:
Alarac (sp?) won the Seniors with Gyarados/Crobat
Curtis' daughter came in 2nd I believe

As for the Juniors I didn't happen to catch who was in the finals.
I believe Curtis stayed until the end and could probably fill you in on that

Back