Georgetown City Championships

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by sar86, Dec 30, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. sar86

sar86 New Member

I decided to play Garde/lade today because Krow is just no good anymore. I picked up my gf (who played Queen/King) and her brother (who played Krow and regretted it) and he made our way to Georgetown.

There was:
    20 Masters: 5 Rounds of swiss, top 4 cut
    10 Seniors: 4 Rounds of swiss, top 2 cut (i think)
    21 Juniors: 5 Rounds of swiss, top 4 cut

Round 1
    Me vs. Geneses P (King/Queen)
    I had a quick start against him got Gallade out by T3 and he never got the chance to get setup. I beat him quite quickly.

1-0

Round 2
    Me vs. Keven Lee (Magmortar/Typhlosion)
    I took 3 really quick prizes from him with Gallade. He then came back with a Margortar to take a couple prizes from me. I came back with a Gardevoir and a 2nd Gallade to take my last 3 prizes.

2-0

Round 3
    Me vs. David H (Fly/vire)
    I got a somewhat slow start against him, I took a couple key prizes with a Gallade, and he followed up by hitting my Gallade for 120. After discarding those energys he never got anything set up again.

3-0

Round 4
    Me vs. Curtis (Flygon/Meganium)
    T2 Gallade on a Trapinch

4-0

Round 5
    Me vs. Zach L (Garde/lade)
    I got out to a very quick start taking a couple prizes on him. After wards he came and took a few prizes back, hit 3 ER2's (taking away all of my DRE's) and a scoop up. After that I got nothing going and accepted defeat.

4-1

Top 4 cut
    Zach L - 5-0 - Garde/lade
    Sean R (me) - 4-1 - Garde/lade
    Curtis - 4-1 - Flygon/Meganium
    Paul A - 4-1 - T2 Blissey

Semi's
    Me vs Curtis (Flygon/Meganium)
    I got a stantler start, and got my Gallade out quickly. I took a couple prizes, then he brought a mawile out to grab a candy with a chikorita on his bench. After he did that I brought out Gardy lvX and brought it down, eliminating his last chance to get set up

5-1

Final's
    Me vs. Paul A (T2 Blissey)
    Paul T2'd Zach in the semi's which worried me, but I figured I could still do it,
    Game 1
    I got a stantler start with a ralts on the bench. T2 I had a charged Gallade, scooped up my stantler, and killed two quick Blissey's. Paul never really got setup afterwards, and took one prize before he lost the game

Game 2
    I got the exact same start, and unfortunatly for Paul he mulliganed 5 times allowing to draw everything I needed for getting a T2 Gallade. Once again he never really got a setup going and I won the game quite quickly

6-1

Props:
    2nd CC win
    being 20-4 @ CC's
    Gallade for being awesome
    pulling a Garde lv X

Slops:
    ER2
    playing my 1st mirror match ever
    losing it

2. Aggy&Co.

Aggy&Co. Member

Sean
    Great wins today, I hope I can put a bit of what killed me so badly in the knowledge column so I have a better opportunity of getting you next time we play. I look forward to it. Our for fun game was the best from my point of view because you didn't get to donk me so quickly. I wish you would have played Honchkrow. LOL
    Good luck to you in Mississauga.
    Curtis

3. Throne0fLegends

Throne0fLegends New Member

LoL.. 1/4 decks made it. Oh well. You didn't talk about my super-awesome tech.. I guess you never faced any crows to use it. Horray... do it again at sauga, make my deck proud ^-^. I wish I had it for MI cities haha...

4. sar86

sar86 New Member

The 2 Krow decks went a combined 2-8 today. Krow is dead

5. Throne0fLegends

Throne0fLegends New Member

I'll bring it back! ... with secret tech.

6. Clear

Clear New Member

You just take a wild guess who I am.

Stupid Judges don't know a ruling that is almost a month old amazes me, I should not know if I should be sad or throw a hammer against a wall.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64038

Gyarados does ZERO if he has nothing on him, let's not make this happen again.

7. kungfufita

kungfufita New Member

its so good everybody knows how you did but who placed in other age divisions and what did they play?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  8. sar86

sar86 New Member

Alarac (sp?) won the Seniors with Gyarados/Crobat
    Curtis' daughter came in 2nd I believe

As for the Juniors I didn't happen to catch who was in the finals.
    I believe Curtis stayed until the end and could probably fill you in on that

9. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

Congrats Sean and I will see you in Missisauga!!!

10. kungfufita

kungfufita New Member

thanks congrats on your win!!

11. Aggy&Co.

Aggy&Co. Member

Juniors was won by a Rampardos/Lucario deck. See ya'll in Mr & Mississauga next week.

12. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

WAH, RAMPARDOS??? It is Juniors though (Seniors&Juniors=Rogue...Masters=Archtypes with Techs)