i mean a card store
i'd like to get all the cards for my metanite deck in german, if i can
and a german charizard ex
anyone know of one?

i mean a card store
anyone know of one?

Expect to get time extensions on your matches to allow your opponent to read the english text of every one of your cards.

out of random curiosity....why?
because german is a sexy language
try ebay.de and a german Glurak EX is hard to get, we are trying to get that one for already a while.
ty, i most certainly will
Expect to get time extensions on your matches to allow your opponent to read the english text of every one of your cards.
everyone know what metanite does, and if they dont know, my matches most certainly wont take long for me to win anyway :lol:

anyone know of one?

As a judge, this would annoy me to no end. There's no reason to make things more difficult for your opponents and the judges.
(I'm assuming you're a US player playing in a US event??)

As a judge, this would annoy me to no end. There's no reason to make things more difficult for your opponents and the judges.
(I'm assuming you're a US player playing in a US event??)

Could be that is why he wants to do it. To play head games with his opponent. Remember if the head judge decides that will disrupt to tourney then he could not allow it. (The head judges ruling is FINAL) There is no reason to do it anyways unless it is like i said it is to play head games and to cause problems for your opponent. That would be a very CHEAP win.

Could be that is why he wants to do it. To play head games with his opponent. Remember if the head judge decides that will disrupt to tourney then he could not allow it. (The head judges ruling is FINAL) There is no reason to do it anyways unless it is like i said it is to play head games and to cause problems for your opponent. That would be a very CHEAP win.

Um, that's dumb. You're saying that every person with a japanese card in their decks place them in there to disrupt tournaments?

No, it's because people think foreign cards LOOK better. Remember this is a COLLECTIBLE card game. You collect cards you think look good. I happen to think japanese cards look better (and are rarer, therefore more appealing to use and collect) than many US cards. Thus, if I use them in a deck it's because I like them better.

And like Richard said, metanite is an absurdly popular deck, and the only people who wouldn't know the cards would be reading the text regardless, so it makes no difference if they read it on paper or red it on the card- no additional time is taken out.

You're making ridiculous claims to say that the only reason someone would use foreign cards is to play mind games. That's also insulting to everyone out there who uses foreign cards for the reason you did not describe.

Um, that's dumb. You're saying that every person with a japanese card in their decks place them in there to disrupt tournaments?

No, it's because people think foreign cards LOOK better. Remember this is a COLLECTIBLE card game. You collect cards you think look good. I happen to think japanese cards look better (and are rarer, therefore more appealing to use and collect) than many US cards. Thus, if I use them in a deck it's because I like them better.

And like Richard said, metanite is an absurdly popular deck, and the only people who wouldn't know the cards would be reading the text regardless, so it makes no difference if they read it on paper or red it on the card- no additional time is taken out.

You're making ridiculous claims to say that the only reason someone would use foreign cards is to play mind games. That's also insulting to everyone out there who uses foreign cards for the reason you did not describe.

I stand by my statement. If someone has 20 to 25 different cards in there deck it would take more time to look through the print outs to find the text or to sort through the english cards on the side then it would to pick up one card and read it. Also no where did i say it was the ONLY reason someone would do that or that is why EVERYONE would. I said it COULD BE the reason. And thanks for calling my opinion dumb or were you calling me dumb? I respect your opinion. Maybe you should do the same even if you don't agree with it.

I personally don't like to trade for foreign cards. It's too much of a hassle caring around my 2 huge binders, and my little nintendo deck bag. With foreign cards I would then have to carry around the translations or an english version.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

because german is a sexy language

and i thought french was the sexy language. no wonder the french pick up lines don't work on the ladies.:redface: JK

Last edited:

EXACTLY
people are allowed to play with their japanese cards at events, why cant i have my german cards?

incidentally, i tried the german ebay site, but whenever i type in metagross, i get english cards
does anyone know the german word for metagross?

Try tossing in an umlat or two.

And Ryan, it's "dumb" to compare a totally foreign deck to a deck with one or two foreign cards.
Also against the rules to bash members. Disagree with the point, respect the person.

Back