Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GG for nationals : Starters & Techs

falcom4ever

Hello everybody !

The nationals in my country will be in 2 mounths ^^. I want to start to prepare me for this faboulous event.

We will unfortunely not be able to play cards that are later than SW, cause the SW is not already relased in french -__-. This means that GG will be the best deck (and the most played), because Magmortar can only be played well with Typhlosion/Delcatty techs, that I can very easly counter with Dusknoir & Battle Frontiers.

Actually, I have a very good deck with Pachi & Furret as starters, that taked me in tops in international tournaments. But Pachi is from GE set, so I'll have to replace it by something different :/. I have that solution at the moment :
- Play Corsola, Furret, 2 Ralts DF & 2 Ralts d. So if I start with corsola I can do the same things that I do usualy with my Pachi GE. I usualy play 3 Gardys and 2 Gallades.

Because Claydol will be played, Absol will maybe do his come back. So I don't know if it's a good idea to play Corsola & Furret in that way, what do you think about it ?

- The other solution could be to replace totaly Pachi & Furret by Absols, but he only disturbs, and doesn't help to construct the game.

Actually I play two techs : 1-0-1 Blastoise & 1-0-1 Dusknoir. But now every body knows that I play Dusknoir, I'm thinking about replace Dusknoir by Mismagius. Good or bad idea?

Can you give me some advices and help please ?

Thanks forwad !

I'd say keep the Dusknoir. I'd play just Furret (well, Stantler for me, but...). Pachi really isn't that great for G&G IMO, because G&G only has 4 Ralts... so Furret or Absol or Stantler.

keep the furrets, i don't think either pachirisu or corsola are as good. if you don't like furret then go with abosl and TGM. dusknoir vs mismagius, well, that's entirely a personal choice and depends on the specifics of your local metagame. don't ignore unown g as a tech as well...

I'd say keep the Dusknoir. I'd play just Furret (well, Stantler for me, but...). Pachi really isn't that great for G&G IMO, because G&G only has 4 Ralts... so Furret or Absol or Stantler.

I love Furret ^^ it's the best pokemon to build a game, and batton pass is cool, but it suxx a lot against absol. Pachi helps to have a squirtle on the bench since the start and helps to negate the bad starts with ralts.

keep the furrets, i don't think either pachirisu or corsola are as good. if you don't like furret then go with abosl and TGM. dusknoir vs mismagius, well, that's entirely a personal choice and depends on the specifics of your local metagame. don't ignore unown g as a tech as well...

I can't play unown g .. it's dp4 :( ......

How come the cards have to be released in french, when it's not like that in Germany?

Well I live in switzerland, so we have too german cards. But the french cards are relased very late ! SW only is coming out in may !!!!!! That suxx a lot, cause every body plays english cards.

Last edited:
The best techs to play will be Weavile SW, Duskinoir DP, or Mismagius DP.
Weavile is good for dealing against Bannette/Mismagius, Duskinoir is good for dealing out damage, and Mismagius is against other G&G decks.

But how can I beat GG/Absols with Furret ? Is there any ticks to counter Beaful Wind or be less annoyed by this attack ?

What is the best strategy, speed up 2 Gallade and kill all fast as possible in t3, t4 ?

Remember that Claydol is not playable :/

i don't know lia, our op manager says that sw comes out in french 2 weeks prior nats and that it wouldn't be fair to all players because some couldn't get dp4. cause they're not selled in our country.

so yeah i don't understand why too. i'm sure we're the only country to play nationals hp-sw^^

Yeah thats not the problem. The problem is that we get SECRET WONDERS 2 weeks before nationals !!!
:smile:

We couldn't change it anyways :smile:

Yeah... for your nats deck rafael... I'd play 1 magikarp and 59 water energies... Good Luck :smile:

But I think that we will be able to play DP4, and maybe DP5. There's one format for all the world, and Angelika can't say no, Pokemon USA will have the last word and DP4 at least will be playable IMO.

We can't play DP4 because french DP3 only comes 2 weeks before the nationals ? So why the frenchs can play DP4 ? There are in the same situation.

here in brazil the LD still doesnt have the DP4, but some stores are importing by theirselves since the release.
But still, our nats will be HP-GE, which totally suck imo =/
states here were HP-SW btw.

Back