Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Giga Drain

ReploidX

Relevant wording on Giga Drain: "After your attack, remove from this Pokemon the number of damage counters equal to the damage you did to the Defending Pokemon."

I read that as: "After your attack, remove X damage counters from this Pokemon. X equals the damage dealt to the Defending Pokemon." which leads me to say "50 damage dealt == 50 damage counters removed" which, in my opinion, is broken.

If I were to rewrite that effect with, what I guess to be the intent of the wording, I would say: "After your attack, remove 1 damage counter from this Pokemon for every 10 damage dealt to the Defending Pokemon." OR "After your attack, remove from this Pokemon a number of damage counters equal to the damage dealt to the Defending Pokemon divided by 10."

Which way is it supposed to be played? "50 damage dealt == 50 damage counters removed" (broken way) or "50 damage dealt == 5 damage counters removed" (presumed intent)? I would guess the second way, but I'm not entirely sure.

Hopefully one of the people who words the cards sees this and takes it into acocunt for future similar effects.

Last edited:
It is a basic concept of the game that a Damage counter = 10 Damage, so if you do 50 Damage you get to remove 5 Damage counters.

BDS

Back