Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GingerChris' BR Report - Cumbernauld

GingerChris

So I discover that there is a Battle Road like a week and a half before its date in my local area and decide to hoot the Paisley people and see who is going. Regardless of their decision I'd end up going since it is only a half hour distance from me.

My deck of choice for the event initially was to play test LuxChomp in a tournament enviroment but on the thursday night before hand there was a change in deck choice. A friend asked me on MSN if I had a Sablelock deck list so I went digging around and got handed one by Ross and after some discussions with Ross I opted to give the deck a go and after 2 nights of frustration (combined between Redshark being crap and Mewtwo Lv.X meaning an auto loss) I only got a few games in. After making a quick purchase of cards and finding out who had what that I needed I hit the hay for the weekend ahead.

Saturday rolled around and I ended up earlier than I wanted so I kicked about watching the music channels and eventually left. Got to the venue for 10 to 10 and waited for the TO to arrive before helping him set up the venue. The Paisley players arrived and I managed to get all the cards I was missing and was prepared for the event ahead. Age divisions where put in place and there was to be two tournaments side by side. Juniors and Seniors mixed together and then a Masters tournament. Small but challenging as I found 1 player in the masters was running Mewtwo Lv.X and one of my mates made a list minute change to his list to include the genetic disaster to his deck. The round gets paired and i'm against one of the paisley players to start the day.

Round 1
GingerChris vs Robert
Sablelock vs Typhlosion+

Game 1: We both set up a with one active pokemon each and we roll off. I flip up Sableye and take the first turn regardless. He only has a single pokemon and I manage to Donk and take game 1. Good start :)

Game 2: Game 2 starts off with me again since the die roll previously meant my opp 'would' start the game. I don't open with a Sableye sadly but I do proceed to snipe his guys away for a few turns before he runs out of plays to make meaning I win.

Round 2
GingerChris vs Anthony
Sablelock vs Flygon/Gardevoir

Game 1: A donk once again. It's kinda fun when no one knows what my deck is and think playing one pokemon to start the game is a safe play.

Game 2: I take the lead but this game takes some amount of time. I end up sniping alot of his smaller dudes. 3 times I snipe a Baltoy out of existance and a few other dudes aswell. He eventually gets a Gardevoir out and starts stealing my Supporters for advantage and ends up with a Nidoqueen out. I start to limit the amount of guys I have out so the Queen can't one shot my dudes. By the time he takes his first prize i'm all ready onto my last and just punt a few guys and the queen to add damage to it and win the game.

Round 3
GingerChris vs Ben Percy
Sablelock vs MightyTank

Game 1: I open with Sableye while Ben opens with a few guys, 2 Poochena and a Skuntank. This game goes on for a bit as I combo off but the two of us end up in a bit of a back and forth with little resources. I take advanate of the poison to get easier donks and he eventually drops an Uxie which I can't spray and we have anotehr fully fuelled death match. Cyrus' Initiative is horrible to me in this game as I seem to flip like double tails at one point. I eventually win the game as Ben seems to just draw poorly even tho the Uxie swung him back into it.

Game 2: As we shuffle up for game 2 I comment that I really need to go to the toilet and hope game 2 goes by fast. As it turns out, we both open with single pokemon and mine is a Sableye. I have the special dark energy but i'm off by 10 damage to donk his pokemon so I empty my hand and play Uxie to dig for Crobat G and the very last card I draw from the deck just happens shine a bright purple light of donk madness.

TOILET AHOY. After returning I kick about and have a few discussions. Me and Ben agree that MightyTank should play a 2-2 Blissey Prime as it's kinda good and I feel a little disappointed that I never got to play against one of the two Gengar decks roaming the masters ):

Ah well, I come first place and accept a Victory Medal which I instantly thought "This will go into my Shuppet deck lolololololol" and proceed to pull rubbish from my packs bar a DCE. We head off and I go to scrub at YGO and play some Sablelock vs GeChamp matches and see to win them lots and lots. Too many mulligans force people to scoop to me and other times they get donked haha.

I love the deck but I think some minor changes will be needed. May post the list, bully me if you really want to see it xD

Well, considering that the first 2 rounds I never drew a Giratina nor needed to play Cyrus' Initiative, its was pretty straight forward xD

Back