Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gino'z misplay of the wristplay WORLDS REPORT

GinoLombardi21

Yea I totatally forgot to update it for worldz. It cost me 2 games :lol:

Ok the day after regionals after I took 1st and 2nd at North East Regionals & New England Regionals I was gonna work on my nats deck. Me and my buddy edwin were reading scans and read lucario. We thought of how good it can set picks and the pressure it can put on delta
draw decks. I remember at regionals mikey played a 2-2 hitmontop in his banette. So I thought his 1st attack would go well wit lucario because u can set the 20 spread pick of who u think they'll atack wit. It played like 4-4 lucario 2-2 hitmontop and 3 gligar uf. In the testin it was good. But stuff was missin. It was alittle inconsistant. We were losing to certain archtypes because of certain game conditions. So we thought what if we had a tech for every deck that we had trouble wit. Uk something to counter there counter. To put us always in advantage. By nationals the deck was good but not good enough. It played like er2, 12 energy, 16 draw cards. It was inconsistant. Now at nats me and edwin were originally playing it. But we showed christian ortiz and brian jessing the deck and they tagged along. Brian made his own version wit crystal beach and went 8-1 in swiss and I went 7-2. Crystal beach was mainly for ape and the empoleon which both i underestimated. I was pretty confident about ape. I just managed to dodge empoleon all day. Edwin and christian finished bad due to bad draw and matchups. But overall very good nats showing for 2007. So after nationals IN TOP 32 I lost because of huge luck and inconsistancy. If i could fix both of those I knew it would be a safe play for worlds. The worlds list latios d ex was for banny ex and ape. Buffer piece was awsome situational making u a 2-3 hit tank and another stick card. Shard was also another tech. I added 2 more energy and 3 more draw cards. So already it was at least twice as better. So i twixed and fixed and heres what the list was.

LucarioTech

Pokemon 14
4 Riolu
3 Lucario
2 Gligar UF
1 Roselia LM
1 Latios d ex
1 Jirachi ex
1 Mew ex
1 Holons Castform

Trainers 32
4 Holon Trans
4 Curse Stone
3 Plus Power
3 Castaway
3 Celios Network
3 Holon Mentor
2 Holon Adventurer
2 Copycat
2 Cessation Crystal
1 Strength Charm
1 Buffer Piece
1 Crystal Shard
1 Warp Point
1 Scott
1 Holon Scientist

Energy 14
9 Fighting
4 Multi
1 Psychic

My matchups from my point of view:
Ape 60-40
Ambush 40-60
Banette 60-40
Destiney 65-35
Flaridos 50-50
Flytech 60-40
MSN 60-40
Pookalutions 70-30
Shiftree 90-10
Spread 70-30

Hawaii - 2007- Pokemon World Championshipz

My experience = Short and not so sweet

Thursday- I meet seena, kant, moza, kettles, gordon, jeremy, paul, italy players, jay h., brett, and ian for the 1st time. I fixed up thomas a's deck. Chilled wit dursoS, caleb, chuck and countless others. Silvestro and Mikey are wit me in my hotel. So i met some new people and hung out wit friends pretty much. I pretty much did this thursday and friday.

Saturday-

Round 1 Kant - Lucario Lutions
It was a very tight game. I couldnt setup to good. He couldnt setup to good either. I remember there being like 10 minutes on the clock and him with 4 prizes and me with 5. So i was worried about time. Little did I know I had 1 prize left and he had 3. Time was called right after i ended my turn and he couldnt return a KO and I woulda won next turn anyway. Good game. 1-0

Round 2 Jade - Rgon
This guy was partially blind and a little def so a judge had to help. So we start the match. He flips holons castform. I flip riolu. Im 1st. I whiff. Next turn he mentors for 4. I castaway for mentor figuring i'd get heads on wild kick. I whiff again. He delta draws for 5. I remember I had 10 on flygon d 5 on chimencho 6 on another flygon d 1 on a mew d *. 80 on a flygon d ex and 1 on trecko d. I remember i could do mew ex and copy treecko on flygon but i didnt think it was worth it. I forget to ice barrier. Which ending up costin me the game. Seeing there was no way for him to ko me back and stone would eat him alive. I misplay. I scoop. I lose gg. Very close.1-1

Round 3 Chris Fulop - Absolutions
Hes playing absolutions. I have a 70-30 against it. I remember he couldnt draw a supporter. I hit a wild kick on a eevee wit 1 energy and had cessation in play. After that i just cleaned house wit my techs against his deck. He drew dead the entire game so nuttin to brag about.2-1

Round 4 Mexican guy - Ambush
This is my worst matchup. I couldnt setup to save my life. I missed an essential energy drop. It was downhill from there. Overall this is like a 40/60 matchup. 2-2

Round 5 Daniel SWITERLAND - SHIFTREE
Need I say more? 3-2 My sleeves ripped after this round. So im glad i had enough time to run to my hotel and change them.

Round 6 Singapore - Kingdra swarm
Early game roselia owned him and I set countless picks on spearows, horseas, altaria ex. At the end he got up 2 kingdra d ex. I had 1 prize so mew ex + roselia ending my last prize off pinsir d. 4-2

I math out my resistance. I faced three 2-4's and three 3-3's I cleary wont make it. So I go sign up to a side event and wish everyone else luck. I ended up coming in 4-2 and gettin 21st place missing top cut over resistance. Yea 5 spots away from a 1g sholarship and a wii. 7 rounds woulda been really cool. I think 6 hurt alot. Because 20 ppl are praying to have high resistance and hopefully make top cut and go to day 2.

Sunday-

I cheer on thomas arena from the 10-. Bobby malec, jeremy the sr world champ, and jeff vernola, In MA i hoped chuck,ross,craig would win. But all lost. Sammy from UK who made top 8 was really cool as well. JEREMYS MATCH IN THA SR DIVISION WAS ONE OF THE GREASTEST MATCHEST IVE EVER SEEN!!!

Overall I think this was the worst worlds out of all 4. Even though i've only been to 05-06 and 06-07. I know about the other two. The place was so expensive it was almost unenjoyable. Not to mention the food was gross. I hope pokemon is never here again. I think I spent 300-350$ on food in 4 days literially. Which was worth about 50$ tops here in RI or anyplace else. 10$ Slices of pizza. 25$-40$ room service due to nothing is open or close to the hotel for a meal or snack. 6$ water. Vendin machines not workin. Me spending 25$ in a chinese restaurant for a bowl of rice. It was so ridiculous. So much more prices. I remember mikey brung food and it never crossed my mind. I woulda saved so much money.

The 06-07 format was horrible. Im so dissapointed. No offense to worlds competitiors but this season was depending so much on luck it isnt funny. I know because I carried alot of it all season. I think this years worlds internationally no offense but it was a fluke. Hopefully next year there will be less luck involved and im looking forward to the 07-08 format alot.

Props

Edwin for the great LucarioTech testing over the past 3/4 months You deserve lotz of credit
Jeremy for winning worlds
Yamato
Kettles!
The Intro of worlds
All the involvement put into worlds
Dursos & Silvestros
Thomas for making t16
OP & PUI
CHUCK!!!!
The Silvestro vs. Gino food fight (Steve 7 Gino 2)

Slops

Brian jesssssingssss for missin worlds.
Missing a 1g scholarship and a wii on resistance
Wristplays FTL (I accidentially brung the wrong version to hawaii wit me and it wasnt updated causin me to lose game 2, game4):lol:
Hawaii

Commentz

Last edited:
"Me spending 25$ in a chinese restaurant for a bowl of rice."

lol. Gj for going 4-2 and missing the cut on resistance. I'd be interested in helping with sd's in the future...

OTTIMO LAVORO GINO! (Great job Gino!)

4-2 is a very good result, italian player (simone) went 22 (4-2 too)

you made us proud!

"Whadda uk its a judge from the NE who has time and time again called horrible rulings on me and has it out for me in the North East.

Steve Arenaz (Like r u serious!?!?)"

Well, you finally crossed the line.

There were a couple of wristplay jokes (which you've also been making) and a mention of you losing to Jade. There's no problem on either side, I'd hope. Feel free to AIM me to discuss.

GJ on the 4-2 at a Worlds where it was even difficult to qualify.

Yeah Gino I dunno what you're talking about. Same thing Bolt said, couple of wristplay jokes and and a few "Gino lost to Jade" comments made in good fun.

It was a fun time staying with you, and I very much appreciate that you let me stay in your room. You know if I had the extra room you'd be welcome in my hotel room.

Although I thought Lucario/Eevee was an overall better deck, you proved that LucTech deserved a spot in this format as well. Great Job.

Stop Being A Jerk Gino

Hey Gino,

This is thomas.

I was just writing to ask you if you can stop being such a Jerk to my dad. please stop.

Here are your 2 choices.

1 You can stop being Jerk to my my dad and treat him with some respect and maybe we can still be friends.

2 You can keep on being a Jerk at my dad and if you keep on doing that I dont want to be your friend anymore.​

It is your choice.

It is up to you.

:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

Gino, no matter what, you still did good. Good luck in 08 and I am looking foward to seeing you, and the Road Island crew at TJ's.:pokeball:

Last edited:
Wristplay guy does good at worlds!!!
Congrats on you performance. Sounds like you did pretty good.

Wooo! Im finally back home!

Smeagol- Ya chillen wit u at worlds was fun so if theres ever sd testing involved you can help. Btw did eian and brett put up the videos yet?

Fried Blaziken- Thx

Rambo1000- Yea ik its cool. Everybody at worlds was saying that every second were i was. Gino u lost to _____! My bad i just disinterperted stuff. Im rly mad at seena though I got him calling me a begfriend on video? Wth?

Blastoise aka Peter- Thx ya I was 5 spots away from a wii and 1g scholar. O well i'll get em next year.

Gatsu- Yea it was cool cuz i finished 21st and cowincentily thats my favorite number and what better to have a fellow italian behind me :smile:

KingofKings- O yea I will be :cool:

Zapditto- Bak at cha!

Spoinkmaster- :mad: Yea how is someone gonna grab a fruitcake recipe over his wristplays!

Bolt- Yea my bad i was informed wrong.

Mikey- Yea my bad im an idiot. Yea u shoulda grinded in!!!!

Deck Master- Yea durso next year. We taking ovaaaaaa!!! 07-08 format is gonna be so much fun.

Yachine Machine- Thx!

Last edited:
Back