Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Giratina: "Lost Zone"

blitz101

So a new card in the Japanese set "Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky" caught my attention a while back. It reads:

Giratina LV.59 – Psychic – HP100
Basic Pokemon

[P][C] Reverse: 20 damage. You may switch Giratina with one of your Benched Pokemon.
[P][C][C] Destroyed Sky Attack: 50 damage. If the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out by this attack, move the Defending Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your opponent’s Lost Zone instead of the discard pile.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat: 3

Now the second attack reads, "If the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out by this attack, move the Defending Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your opponent’s Lost Zone instead of the discard pile."

Ok so I was like what the heck is a "Lost Zone". I was guessing it meant the cards are now "out of play" forever. Then i found this thread:

http://forums.croftminster.com.au/printthread.php?t=10421

According to this ^ this will probably be a new game concept / mechanic.

Anyone have any opinions on this possible new ruling?

Uhhhh, this is very old news. Like, we knew all of this about 3 or 4 months ago. Yes it is a new mechanic. I don't think it is going to be game changing because (1)it is only on one card and (2)that card isn't very spectacular.

the only thing it will do, IF this card get played a lot, which I doubt, then the only thing I see it doing is effectively giving more space in our deck to replace night maintenances

Quoting Crofty? lololol. I bet you got it from a search engine.lol.

As many of us above me would have said its old news. Anyways, like Cresselia - this pokemon will not be as good as it would be since majority of the time, you wouldnt be able to pull off that big attack to remove that threat. So yeah... its best to shove that Giratina in the binder anyways.

Cheers.

i think this RFP is an interesting mechanic. it'll go 2 ways:

1)it'll be used as much as shock-wave counters and imprison markers... ie not at all

2)or it'll become something to tech against

either way im gonna grab 3 or 4 just in case!

At least theoretically, isn't this the counter for the Darkrai/Stadium? I couldn't find the spoiler, but when it gets knocked out becomes a stadium and places damage between turn. If you get rid of the stadium it returns to players hand so the process can repeat.

At least theoretically, isn't this the counter for the Darkrai/Stadium? I couldn't find the spoiler, but when it gets knocked out becomes a stadium and places damage between turn. If you get rid of the stadium it returns to players hand so the process can repeat.

dusknoir dude, but that is true! hmm

I think it would be great to play it with Darkrai LV.X and Weavile SW.
With a minimum of 60/70 damage, it could be a decent threat when setup properly.

Eh, I don't think much of it, unless they really push this mechanic with a lot of other Pokemon in the set after IFDS. Like everyone already said, right now it's 1 Pokemon who can do this, and the attack sucks otherwise (3 energy for 50 damage). And even then, not only is everyone running multiple copies of their main line (meaning it will only really kill a tech line), it just means you can't use Night Maintenance to dig something back into your deck.

Back